Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 137

Author Topic: Litany of the Void: A God Game (24/⊕∵↯):IC Tick ?:Who art thou?  (Read 185746 times)

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
Re: Litany of the Void: A God Game (21/⊕∵↯):IC Tick 10: Hello Friend!
« Reply #960 on: June 13, 2015, 02:32:15 pm »

"...moreover, I fail to see what difference you would have made, Aurosseu"
"I would have suggested more appropriate punishments, whatever they might have been. Punishing one crime with a ridiculous humiliation conga that doesn't even achieve anything, and ignoring another, is simply not justice. But what is done is done, I just need to get y'all on the right track so this won't happen in the future."
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: June 13, 2015, 02:41:37 pm »

Spoiler: Demonic Spoon (click to show/hide)

That is an extraordinarily kind offer. I may very well take you up on that if you would be so kind. Having the dungeon in space and having a couple portals in the mountains and one near this "Clan Rilem's territory" would really seem to be a great combination of the ideas suggested to me thus far.

I'm quite glad I asked all of you wise gods for advise. Surely this will result in a better final product than a fool such as I could produce alone!

Spoiler: Dutrius (click to show/hide)

Verruckt throws confetti in the air.
Greetings to you as well new friend!

"Do you not know what he is guilty of? He used all his Power in a pulse that killed the vast majority of the world's leaders, causing wide-spread chaos and confusion."
Surely presenting chaos as a negative thing to the god of this very aspect is a bad way to convince him. I would rather point out Utther's tendency to ruin all things fun and bring sadness and anger to everyone. His owls were created for this purpose after all.

Oh, and hello Verruckt. Tell me, do you support progress? Do you wish to see things improve?

Or maybe you enjoy revolt, the change it brings? To see corrupt leaders get what they deserve?

Oh, and Uztot, is that a split personality I spy with my little eye?

It seems we might have more in common that I initially thought...

True true true! Chaos is a good thing unless it's a bad thing; not a bad thing unless it's a good thing. Bad things are the things that aren't interesting! There's no fate worse than living a life that doesn't feel worth living. Nothing worse than living in a world that doesn't present one with challenges that give a sense of purpose and importance. Nothing worse than a stagnant world where those with nothing to live for can find nothing to live for. Most certainly nothing worse than a world with no grand adventures!

If anything my problem would be with the means and potentially the intent rather than the result. If it were me who wanted them killed for one reason or another, I would most likely empower some mortals with heroic like traits and send them on a grand quest to take down these individuals. There's no satisfaction in killing something so much weaker than us directly. Better to use the opportunity to create a fun challenge for others! Secondly, I'd only want them gone if they were making the world more boring. Regarding this fact, I confess I am unsure of why he did what he did and I feel unfit to comment on it.

That aside, hello to you as well! I do rather enjoy revolt and change, so long as it makes for a good story. Hope we can get along!
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: June 13, 2015, 02:55:45 pm »

Skolld looks at Verruckt.
"As long as you don't tamper with my prisoners, we'll be fine.
My prisoners are: The Cursed Wolves, the Maag Wolves, and the Blood Silk.

They enjoy benefits from their binds, but it will also hurt them and their kin for all eternity.
"
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: June 13, 2015, 03:11:19 pm »

Create a massive dungeon in space with an artificial environment.

Create Evolution Orbs to be handed out to aspiring adventurers on the first floor of the dungeon. More Evolution Orbs can later be crafted by individuals from monster components for new adventurers.

Give various discontent individuals a dream of the dungeon so that they might seek it out if they wish for adventure.

Spoiler: Dungeon Details (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Evolution Orb (click to show/hide)

Izglamo, if I could take you up on the offer for portals to the dungeon and have portals placed in several mountains as well as this Clan Rilem's territory, that would be great. I'll put bright neon signs above the dungeon portals saying, "Dungeon Adventure" after.

Spoiler: Happy Demon (click to show/hide)

Verruckt bows dramatically.
Duly noted. Hope we get along.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: June 13, 2015, 03:18:09 pm »

Spend one essence to create two-way portals leading to Verruckt's space-dungeon in the throne room of Clan Rilem, on the peak of the mountain in the Maag Desert, and on several of the highest peaks of the largest mountain ranges of the world fragments.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2015, 03:53:57 pm by Demonic Spoon »

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: June 13, 2015, 03:18:53 pm »

If you want to make a portal on my desert mountain, would you mind putting it on the opposite side of my capital? I don't have anything against the dungeon, but I'd rather not have monsters invading my city.

Oh, and I have a question, can those evolution orbs increase the intelligence of their owner? These things are intriguing, I'll need to study them quite a bit.

Edit:
Spend one essence to create two-way portals leading to Verruckt's space-dungeon in the throne room of Clan Rilem, on the peak of the mountain in the Maag Desert, and within several of the largest mountain ranges of the world fragments.

Would you mind moving your portal to the backside of the mountain as I have asked Verruckt? I kinda need my mountaintop to be portal-free for a few of my projects.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2015, 03:21:03 pm by FArgHalfnr »
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: June 13, 2015, 03:24:56 pm »

But I wanted it to be difficult to get to the portal, that's why I put it at the top of the mountain.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: June 13, 2015, 03:29:42 pm »

But I wanted it to be difficult to get to the portal, that's why I put it at the top of the mountain.

I understand why you might want that. It would still be a long walk to reach the portal from the capital, and adventurers won't perform well if they are exhausted by the ascension. Putting it on the ground should also attract more adventurers. As I said earlier, I need the mountaintop to be clear of anything.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: June 13, 2015, 03:33:26 pm »

I understand why you might want that. It would still be a long walk to reach the portal from the capital, and adventurers won't perform well if they are exhausted by the ascension. Putting it on the ground should also attract more adventurers. As I said earlier, I need the mountaintop to be clear of anything.
Why though? I can't particularly think of anything you'd want to do up there.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: June 13, 2015, 03:35:45 pm »

Nilva contributes Two Essence to the dungeon, adding a variety of wolf based monsters to the mix and a number of traps. Some of the traps swap your gender, others teleport you into rooms full of unfriendly monsters, and some just slice your arm off or poison you repeatedly.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: June 13, 2015, 03:38:45 pm »

For now it doesn't seems to be any use to it, but scientific progress as I planned it will eventually make this place relevant. Please, I do not want to start a conflict over something as trivial as this. The portal will work the same even if it is on the ground. And beside, there will already be many portals on mountaintops all over the worlds.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: June 13, 2015, 03:55:21 pm »

Honestly, pretty narrowminded since portals have made much more area for scientific testing available to the Maag, but as you wish. The Maag will no longer be given a separate portal.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: June 13, 2015, 04:06:02 pm »

Greeting to the new god. May you create great story forme to record.

Spend all my energy for same as before.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: June 13, 2015, 04:08:15 pm »

Tick 11: Conquering

Maag/Wolf/Thief: Hmmm...I accept your challenge! GOT YOUR NOSE! AHAHAHA!
Shadow Kabold: Aww. I am still not very big. Did I not eat enough? How am I to crush my enemies under my feet like this? (Teburshe -1P)

The Great Beats are created! The massive animals quickly become prime targets for Hunters, Trappers, and Animal Tamers an every fragment. Few, of course, have been successful as of yet (Teburshe -1E)(Nilva -2E)

Human Hunter: At last! Something worthy! I am going to go by a balista from the Dwarves...

(( Uhhh, it seems you skipped my other two actions. ))

((It seems I did. The following occurred in tick 10))

Izgamlo further empowers the Tower Builders! By this point, it is incredibly massive. Even a quarter finished, it is becoming a landmark that can bee seen for miles around in any direction, dwarfing even many of the mightiest trees of the forest. (Izgamlo -2P)

Most of the ants seem to indeed worship Izgamlo as their primary deity, with many worshiping the other Gods in addition. There is a few who worship other Gods primarily, depending on their professions and personalities. The Beta-ants seem to worship other Gods more often then you. The Ant Ringbearer is still in control of the world, and is paranoidly mostly working on defenses to prevent himself from being killed as the others where.

Patronius empowers the Human Leader further, putting in his remaining 2E and 4P to launch him into greater heights! More and more Tribes willingly join to his Great Tribe, now by far the largest of any hidden settlement. The Portals allowed him to spread his influence beyond the single fragment, with several units of the Great Tribe living on every planet fragment. Tribes continue to look to this powerful leader, often due to many of their own leaders still being relatively incompetent, as they had nobody to teach them the ways of a Leader.

Sankis: If I was a Leader, I would have less time to make things! It would be a sin to waste my talent elsewhere.

(/end tick 10 actions)

Once again, the mountain is raised! It is now the largest mountain on the planet, famed as such on all the fragments. From the top of the mountain, you would be able to see almost the entire desert, if you weren't buried under the feet of snow that cap it. (Lithus/Luthus -2P)

The Aag citizens leave their home towns, making a pilgrimage to the foot of the mountain to start building the capitol city! The construction begins, though it looks like it will take a while to get anywhere near the goal. They use sandstone taken from the surrounding sand and mountain. They seem to have difficulty getting any other stone out of the mountain, as the entire thing seems to be just as covered in sand as the rest of the desert. They also begin attempts to dig a temple into the mountain-side. This seems incredibly difficult, it is almost like the entire mountain is made out of sand. Every hole they did is immediately plugged, with sand falling from above to fill in whatever work they manage.

Worried Maag: I feel consoled now....
Hearth spirit: Very well! I will begin in this task immediately!
Worried dwarf: I would rather hide away, if it is all the same. I will go dig out a bunker immediately!

Lithus/Luthus prayers:
Human Revolutionary: How can you expect me to bow to the younger races? These clan-whatever dwarves will not rule us!
Beta Ant: It is so hard to advance with the limited resources on this moon. Could you help us find new materials?
Dragoon Toolmaker: Is there any tool that we could give the other races to easily make fires?

Dwarf Weaponsmith: Oh. I know what a bow is. So a crossbow is like a small ballista, right? You could have said so!
Maag Architect: Uhh, my Lord, I am not quite sure about that. I believe that glass would be even more difficult to dig through then sand, and likely much more dangerous.

Skolld creates the Fog Frog, a frog shaped stone that causes the nearby area to be covered in fog! A mile of the desert is covered in a thick fog, though not much is done with this (Skolld -1P)

Maag Architect Continued: We still seem to only get sand from our city's mountain. Though we might be able to use this glass-thing to build your temple, if it is strong enough to not be crushed by the mountain above it...

The Aag learn how to use the previous invention of rope to lift things, as well as the concept of pulleys. These are immediately put to use in the construction of the Mountain city, and have less-popular use aboard ships.

The Ritual Stone transforms, into a human-shaped stone! Agali immediately begins stretching his new body, looking around at the world with his stoney eyes (Free!?).

"Thank you, Friend! I am sure this form will be helpful to this planet! To answer your question, as a Stone, we are allowed some interpretation to how we grant the wishes of our charges. I simply interpreted the requests in a way that was asking for me to be Sapient. Simply, isn't it!?"

The Beta Ant gift is made even more powerful, and spread to a wider audience. New advances continue to be made, often focused on magic, with Portal Magic being particularly popular. (Lithus/Luthus -1E)

Nilva continues to annoy the mortal population! A Beta Ant's exoskeleton briefly becomes pink and is covered in glitter! A Human Hunter has both of his hands temporarily transformed into wolf mouths! A grumpy-old-man is forced into a schoolgirl outfit, and his cane is changed to a heart-shaped wand! After each of these occurrences, hundreds of blank-eyed Wiglas are summoned simply to add more insult (Nilva -2P)

Mystery action has already been read and will be processed this turn.

Iliseth attempts to glare at Agali! Strangely, Illiseth can not find his location, thus cannot soul sense him in this way. Everyone who used the stone's soul remains unchanged. Non-sapient animals do not appear to have a soul that can be seen this way. The Penguin's soul is nowhere to be found, likely because you violently destroyed it. The Library has recounted the event, in a book entitled "Pointlessly Cruel Actions of Pointlessly Cruel Gods". As far as the GM knows, there isn't any artifact linothorax? (Was there supposed to be?)

Hearth Spirit/Dragoon: Oh, we see now. We where wrong to not see its real potential!
Fire Wolf: Yes....thank you....will spread...this knowlage....like fire....

Uztot prayers:
Maag Brewer: Hmmm....If I put animal blood in beer, do I get Bloodbeer?
Lonely Naiad: I go years with nobody speaking to me....can I please have a way of communicating with my brothers and sisters?
Human Trader: My Tribe was over taken by the Clan Dwarves while I was away. My family is now in servitude! Should I try to free them, or join in their fate?

Three Crowns are created and given to three Dwarf Leaders, who have a last few days with their family before putting them on and beginning their new reign over their territory. (Lorash -9E)

A new God is born! You probably noticed this already.

"Alas, there is not, Friend! My Sibling Stones will likely gain the same abilities, in due time. They simply have different personalities, already in this state, that prevent them from as easily interpreting the wishes of mortals in the same way. Even after I had gifted myself, I needed generations of sacrifices to gain enough power to be the man I am today. Personally, I think that Four will be next! She was always so bright!"

Confused Sapling: A-ah. Now it is walking. I-I think that thing can take care of itself!

Mavnon creates a temporary recorder constantly spewing tactics and grants it to the Human Tribal Leader! The Leader thanks him, before spending the next few days listening to it with little rest. As he completes it, he again thanks Mavnon for the knowledge. He leads his Tribe in an assault on their enemy, easily conquering the other Tribe in less then a week with few casualties. Not wanting to waste this gift, he continues to find excuses to conquer many of the other nearby tribes, expanding his power significantly. (Mavnon -1P)

Temujin: Now....I will keep hurting....forever. Me....and them...

Temujin begins per-emptivly attacking those he fears would bring him pain, killing dozens as the years pass. His name spreads around in legend, often being used as a threat to those who would harm the envornment. "Be good, or Temujin will rip you to shreds!" (Mavnon -3E)

A Fountain is blessed by Mavnon! Once its abilities are discovered, many wannabe adventurers make the pilgrimage to the Rilem homelands to drink of the fountain. Many retire early, after being injured despite these blessings, though a few are well on their way to becoming legends. (Mavnon -2E)

Clan Rilem begins conquering Human Tribes! They mainly target the weak and peaceful ones. Many surrender immediately upon seeing how outgunned they where. Most resisted in some form, only to be conquered by the Clan Rilem forces. The orders on what to do with conqured forces are being carried out.

Strangle, there seems to be few Utther worshipers who staid in CRD territory. Most seem to have left to join a powerful new Kingdom far away, where Utther worship is oddly popular.

Illyria helps conquer territories. She is made the leader of the auxiliary forces, the military troops taken from surrendered Human Tribes. However, her favorite tactic seems to be going into Tribes before the main army and promising to update their technology to fight off the incoming threat. She then helps them outfit their army with cool-looking but useless weaponry that allow the effectively armed invaders to easily take over.

Lan Cao, meanwhile, is tasked with looking over the conquered lands, making sure they are treated well while wiping out the rebels that continue to pop up in heavy-resistance areas. She does it quietly, without alerting the rest of the humans what is going on.

Utther is given a blanket, a stick, and a Wattle steak. No doubt with his personality he will be very grateful for these gifts.

The Loi'naaryt seem to be doing well, for a race that doesn't seem to exist?

Moi'aaty Prayers:
Space Squid: Why does Death exist?
Human Hunter: What race is the hardest to kill?
Saag Soldier: Is there something else we can fight now that the war is over?

Aurosseu:
Follower: Bunches! Energy: See income list. I got it done today! Yay! General Influence: Poor. Nightmares seem to be more common then even dreams, generally lowering your influence significantly.

Aurosseu  DOUBLE PRAYERS!
Human Napper: THE NIGHTMARES ARE STILL HAPPENING WHY HASN'T ANYONE STOPPED THIS!
Maag Obolisk Watcher: I just saw that you were sleeping for such a long time! Can I be granted a similar sleep?
Dreamborn Trader: What is the best way to improve relationships with the other races? We need them to breed, after all.
Rebellious Shadow Kabold: I am Bored of nightmares! Can you give me the ability to cause good dreams instead?
Nightmaring Ant: AAAA! A PACK OF MINI-WOLVES WILL DEVOUR MEEEE!
Dreaming Human: Testing, 1, 2, 3! Can I pray in a lucid dream?

The new God Verruckt gets off to a running start, first by creating a Dungeon in the Void! (Note: I will probably count is as 'on-planet' to make it significantly cheaper then a life-supporting planetary body.) To go along with this Dungeon, he invents the Evolution Orbs, which grant many powers to Mortals as they conquer their opponents. No doubt these Orbs will make their way to the planet, with easy availability and impressive powers (Verruckt -12E)(Nilva -2E)

Izgamlo attempts to make several portals with a single point of essence! It seems to work, for the time being, though they feel somehow unstable. Many aspiring adventurers make their way through the portals, often after having partaken of the Fountain. (Izgamlo -1E)

Something happens secretly! (Lorash-10P)
Spoiler: Deities (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 13, 2015, 05:17:56 pm by Stirk »
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Litany of the Void: A God Game (22/⊕∵↯):IC Tick 11: Conquering
« Reply #974 on: June 13, 2015, 04:18:16 pm »

((Same as I PM'd the first time, and I meant all power, not all energy. Change that to 3 crowns.))
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 137