Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 137

Author Topic: Litany of the Void: A God Game (24/⊕∵↯):IC Tick ?:Who art thou?  (Read 185758 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Litany of the Void: A God Game (22/⊕∵↯):IC Tick 16.4: WHAAAAAG!
« Reply #1710 on: July 30, 2015, 09:32:05 pm »

A god condenses out of an enormous accretion of Narrativium....
"Sorry, am I late, or do I need to have someone invent clockwork first...?"
Dgetga looks backwards in time a bit.
"Oh come on, that has got to be...You can't invent inventing because inventing would be required before invention is a thing.  Also that's MY domain."
==All One Action==
1-5 E:
'Invent' proper collaborative workshops, and create a town that may or may not resemble Mechanicsburg, right down to a massive Workshop in the center of town.

Said massive Workshop is the closest one would really get to a temple of Dgetga, save any little shrines in the corners, and that only because he is perpetually hanging around, collaborating.  His signature octarine gear logo will end up on many blueprints and designs originally coming out of the place.

In addition, craft multitool Keys to the Workshop for legendary inventors, tinkerers, magicians, and artists, (for art is invention, is it not?), consisting of tools of their trade that also incorporate the Octarine Gear motif.  These Keys will be found, along with messages to the new owners, in a conspicuous place where the new owner will find them.  They also contain directions, but for this tick and/or the next, I shall expend Power to create portals directly to the Workshop for those who are so inclined.

Temples for all the gods will be found in the city, though they will be scattered throughout the city.

Needed resources are produced via automated systems.
==End Action==

==Action==
Expend Power, if required, to stop the...Pods, before they get out of hand.
"Seriously?  Von Neumann machines?  We do NOT need Von Neumann machines.  We don't.  Just make a normal race.  Or focus on the existing races.  And if there WAS an invisible robotic planet somewhere around here, you would probably know."
« Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 09:37:11 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1711 on: July 30, 2015, 09:37:09 pm »

"There are no other planets. There are the fractured remainders of an attempted Mindfuck Mobius World and a moon made out of living chitin. That is all."

"Oh come on, that has got to be...You can't invent inventing because inventing would be required before invention is a thing.  Also that's MY domain."
==All One Action==
1-5 E:
'Invent' proper collaborative workshops, and create a town that may or may not resemble Mechanicsburg, right down to a massive Workshop in the center of town.

Said massive Workshop is the closest one would really get to a temple of Dgetga, save any little shrines in the corners, and that only because he is perpetually hanging around, collaborating.  His signature octarine gear logo will end up on many blueprints and designs originally coming out of the place.

In addition, craft multitool Keys to the Workshop for legendary inventors, tinkerers, magicians, and artists, (for art is invention, is it not?), consisting of tools of their trade that also incorporate the Octarine Gear motif.  These Keys will be found, along with messages to the new owners, in a conspicuous place where the new owner will find them.  They also contain directions, but for this tick and/or the next, I shall expend Power to create portals directly to the Workshop for those who are so inclined.

Temples for all the gods will be found in the city, though they will be scattered throughout the city.

==End Action==
"This would likely cost you somewhere in the fifty to one hundred essence range. You have exactly Ten Essence and no income. You may want to consider not killing yourself without actually accomplishing what you're trying to do."

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1712 on: July 30, 2015, 09:39:30 pm »

"There are no other planets. There are the fractured remainders of an attempted Mindfuck Mobius World and a moon made out of living chitin. That is all."

==All One Action==
1-5 E:

==End Action==
"This would likely cost you somewhere in the fifty to one hundred essence range. You have exactly Ten Essence and no income. You may want to consider not killing yourself without actually accomplishing what you're trying to do."
"Someone's taking forever to get back to me on costs, so I had to try a wild guess.  Thanks for the advice.  D'you have a basic price chart about?"
==Action==
Cancel that action until someone deigns to provide price checks.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 09:42:48 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Litany of the Void: A God Game (24/???):IC Tick 16.4: WHAAAAAG!
« Reply #1713 on: July 30, 2015, 09:40:51 pm »

"That plan seems needlessly complicated. I LIKE IT!!"

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Litany of the Void: A God Game (24/⊕∵↯):IC Tick 16.4: WHAAAAAG!
« Reply #1714 on: July 30, 2015, 10:29:40 pm »

? ? ?

Newcomers? Sigh... I suppose you will need to learn a few things about this place if you want to survive.

1-Never EVER trust mavnon, utther or patronius if you care for your lives. These liars only care about their personal gains, and will do everything in their power, including murdering gods, to obtain more influence. Utther is demented and openly stated that his only wish is to destroy everything, especially us gods. Mavnon has not said a single truth in centuries, if not millennia, and has admitted to be planning to murder a god. Patronius is either mad or exceptionally evil, having chosen to associate with them while knowing how destructive they are.

2-I will not tolerate any intrusion to my lands. Thanks to these three psychos I am now punishing any action taken on my nation with extreme prejudice, regardless of the intention.

3-Nobody cares. If you find that someone is plotting for your death or is openly attacking you or your creation you will not be able to rely on anyone to help you. There is no justice, the others have proven so with their apathy.

That is all. This place is terrible but it is the only one available as far as we know. If you are unhappy with it you can either kill yourselves or try to make it a better place.

And before I leave, I have a question for the two of you. Do you want to improve these worlds? Or are you here for power and influence?
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1715 on: July 30, 2015, 10:38:13 pm »

"I seek to build an invention that will change the universe, that is all, I could care less about godly politics. Although I may like to have an area to build a workshop mortals can visit.."

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1716 on: July 30, 2015, 11:14:42 pm »

"I seek to build an invention that will change the universe, that is all, I could care less about godly politics. Although I may like to have an area to build a workshop mortals can visit.."

Change in a good way or a bad way? This is the only thing I care about. I would usually be interested in this kind of project but I am not in the mood right now.

I do not usually care about these kind of petty conflicts either, but these three idiots forced me into it. Their latest act of villainy consisted of hiding, supporting and manipulating a being that can and want to destroy the entire universe, yourself included, and backing a war against all of creation. I am not interested in fighting suicidal cartoon villains, all I care about is to improve these worlds. These idiots forced me to stop this and fight, and will force you to do the same eventually.

And for these workshops, my pantheon might have an interest in it. Contact me privately if you wish for me to connect you to them.

Luthus appears, with a similar appearance, but not size, to the granite titan:
I have just come to think about it, mavnon and co... If you did not bring your stupid new kingdom into my lands I would not even be fighting you. You three must be moronic for doing this, as if you wanted to suffer. Now I will not stop until you no longer prevent us for doing what we care about, you forced us to do this. I will make the universe a better place, and none of you will stop me. My tool will be ready for anti-god usage soon enough. You will put an end to this debacle you call the new kingdom before my tool is ready if you do not want to be it's first test subjects. Just tell me if you need another example, I would be glad to annihilate your followers again if this is what it takes to force you into action.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1717 on: July 30, 2015, 11:22:27 pm »

"...Really, Luthus...?...this is what it's come to...?...were you not the one speaking of how important mortals are...?...the only reason they were not punished is because most of the gods, as I take it, are sleeping...or do not see evidence...as I do not...you bring forth conjecture, my friend...you have no proof, and yet you try to act as judge, jury, and executioner!..."

"...never attribute to malice what can be as easily credited to incompetence, Liuthus...there is no need to be so incredibly pessimistic...or assume the worst of anyone you've come into conflict with....particularly when they are the god of[/i Conflict...if you will become angry at me...or threaten my Great Trees...for speaking my mind...you will have become what you despise..."
[/color]
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1718 on: July 30, 2015, 11:38:19 pm »

"A god of conflict. Why not a god of war, or discord? Why must it be conflict, so generalized. Hmm I have so many ideas, which one could sell him that I am not evil. No, too violent, explodes if it touches air, causes rage, spontaneous combustion upon contact with water, AHA!! Perhaps if I helped speed communication among your followers, I have an idea, well two idea really, actually three if you count the power source, called, electricity, computing, and "the internet." they, together, could revolutionize communications!"

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1719 on: July 30, 2015, 11:40:18 pm »

((The tech level is too low.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1720 on: July 30, 2015, 11:42:20 pm »

((The tech level is too low.

(("Just discovered steel like two ticks ago" low.))
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1721 on: July 30, 2015, 11:43:39 pm »

((I am a god of inventions! Not truth telling, I can just tell them that the reason why they need to run on hamster wheels is because magic and effort run the computers. Besides, my characters eventual goal is to make steam powered smartphones))

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1722 on: July 30, 2015, 11:59:51 pm »

"...Really, Luthus...?...this is what it's come to...?...were you not the one speaking of how important mortals are...?...the only reason they were not punished is because most of the gods, as I take it, are sleeping...or do not see evidence...as I do not...you bring forth conjecture, my friend...you have no proof, and yet you try to act as judge, jury, and executioner!..."

"...never attribute to malice what can be as easily credited to incompetence, Liuthus...there is no need to be so incredibly pessimistic...or assume the worst of anyone you've come into conflict with....particularly when they are the god of[/i Conflict...if you will become angry at me...or threaten my Great Trees...for speaking my mind...you will have become what you despise..."
[/color]

Sigh... I speak in blood because it is the only language they speak. I will continue until they stop being a threat to all that exist, regardless of their losses. If they want me to stop they will end their suicidal villainy, along with the new kingdom.

You also seem to think that I hold your opinions and talks in high esteem. Allow me to correct you: you have chosen inaction, even though you at least had the decency to actually respond, and so I am not interested in you anymore than the others. Say what you want against my evidences, nitpick or ignore all you want. Your only interest is in avoiding a death, and by doing so you are ready to discredit, lie and manipulate, even if doing so would put more people in danger. I am not angry, only disappointed. I thought you would be interested in improving the fate of creation, hence why I was so eager to cooperate with you. It seems that I was wrong.

You think I will destroy your creation in blind anger. I no longer know anger, only cold logic.

"A god of conflict. Why not a god of war, or discord? Why must it be conflict, so generalized. Hmm I have so many ideas, which one could sell him that I am not evil. No, too violent, explodes if it touches air, causes rage, spontaneous combustion upon contact with water, AHA!! Perhaps if I helped speed communication among your followers, I have an idea, well two idea really, actually three if you count the power source, called, electricity, computing, and "the internet." they, together, could revolutionize communications!"

"Hmm I have so many ideas, which one could sell him that I am not evil". You should probably learn not to express every single of your thoughts out loud.

I will not destroy you as long as you are not a threat or tamper with my creation without my express consent.

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1723 on: July 31, 2015, 12:08:43 am »

"Oh wait, it's just very hard to get things right without putting godly essence into them, and the evil thing is just, I don't care much for morality, I just build whatever thing just pops into my head, and alot of the things are just, failed experiments, like take my attempt make a boat the goes underneath water instead of on it, I don't know how, it caught on fire when it touched water. So don't mistake my reading my notes out loud as all my evil successes, those are all my honest mistakes, and I'm kinda happy I had them, after all, if your perfect at everything, then where's the fun?"

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1724 on: July 31, 2015, 12:20:43 am »

"Oh wait, it's just very hard to get things right without putting godly essence into them, and the evil thing is just, I don't care much for morality, I just build whatever thing just pops into my head, and alot of the things are just, failed experiments, like take my attempt make a boat the goes underneath water instead of on it, I don't know how, it caught on fire when it touched water. So don't mistake my reading my notes out loud as all my evil successes, those are all my honest mistakes, and I'm kinda happy I had them, after all, if your perfect at everything, then where's the fun?"

We will see about that.
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 137