Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 137

Author Topic: Litany of the Void: A God Game (24/⊕∵↯):IC Tick ?:Who art thou?  (Read 185743 times)

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
Re: Litany of the Void: A God Game (24/⊕∵↯):IC Tick 16.4: WHAAAAAG!
« Reply #1740 on: July 31, 2015, 01:43:08 pm »

Teburshe, you are again centering all around yourself....I am not this hasty in my judgements....If you believe I am wrong, then by all means bring your arguments, I am open to changing my mind.
Aurosseu bursts into roaring laughter, rolling on the 'floor' of the Assembly.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1741 on: July 31, 2015, 01:45:25 pm »

"It certainly shouldn't hurt to have the ability to make things out of duct tape.  If we have duct tape.  Do we have duct tape?  How close are we to duct tape... *looks around* Just found steel?  ...Blargh.  But seriously, the ability to make things up on the fly out of other things should be very useful in space.  Or in getting to space, for that matter."
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Litany of the Void: A God Game (24/???):IC Tick 16.4: WHAAAAAG!
« Reply #1742 on: July 31, 2015, 01:47:47 pm »

"That gives me an idea, I say we make a steam powered spaceship!"

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1743 on: July 31, 2015, 01:48:47 pm »

"What is the point of making a spaceship when there's nothing to travel to?"

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1744 on: July 31, 2015, 01:50:24 pm »

"There is three planets and the chitin moon. Connecting those seems reasonably interesting. If you need support young godling, I shall aid you."

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1745 on: July 31, 2015, 01:51:48 pm »

"...am I not, then...what leads you to this conclusion...?...because I have been too slow for your liking...?...what do you consider a higher level...?...as it may be as simple a matter of that...if you mean of cultural and technological development...then do you blame me for not taking a more direct hand in it...rather than trying to allow it to grow without interference...?...I do not mind leaving the Pantheon if that is truly what both all three of you desire...I would rather not, but if we can only disagree, it might be for the best..."

"...if you desire to know how I wish to bring the world to a higher level...consider for a moment, please...that a healthy ecosystem requires a variety of inhabitants...and a burgeoning population...you think I have been wasting my time, then...? On creating Great Trees...or allowing them to grow and learn on their own...?...I do not know what effect my actions may have that I might be unaware of...I would rather not ruin their progress by fiddling too much...it is not my way...the larger the population, though...the more like ideas are to advance...the more variety within that population...the same can be said...what's more...do you mean the worlds themselves...or those who inhabit them...?...I would very much like to hear what reasons you have to believe a god of Growth...would be uninterested in raising up the world...because I seek to find ways to invest and to safeguard myself and my creations...?...perhaps it is precisely because I cannot fathom what it is that would truly lead to such a conclusion...that is the problem itself...and if that is so... then you have my apologies, friend...but I cannot make a rebuttal to what I do not know..."

"...I will decline, for the moment...to continue speaking of the three...as I believe that we have come to as much of an agreement...as we ever will..."
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1746 on: July 31, 2015, 01:53:15 pm »

"We have a moon, and by the time we have steam power, us technology gods will have built a clockwork planet just to see if it is possible! Also, to any gods of tech or knowledge, do you want to make a machine planet?"

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1747 on: July 31, 2015, 01:53:50 pm »

"They already all are connected. With portals. Excluding the moon, but the ants on the moon are literally tiny and not exactly a good place to introduce larger creatures to. Also the ants have portal magic. So they can go to the main chunks whenever the feth."

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1748 on: July 31, 2015, 01:55:38 pm »

"That gives me an idea, I say we make a steam powered spaceship!"
"Perhaps we should make the requisite steps for making anything, first."  "You know, because random spaceships are kind of a bit out there."  "Also, stop assuming we're all going to go along with you.  But the idea of a mechanical planet would be nice, if we could in fact make sure it operated reliably and had materials with which to operate..."  "How much magic would be required to produce spare parts..."
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1749 on: July 31, 2015, 01:56:12 pm »

"Ah you should still do it. Dreams are wild young godlings."

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #1750 on: July 31, 2015, 01:56:30 pm »

"Also, to any gods of tech or knowledge, do you want to make a machine planet?"
"I may not be a tech god, but what kind of machine planet? What would be its purpose?"
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1751 on: July 31, 2015, 01:58:02 pm »

(The moon has, in fact, recently been connected to the planet as of tick 16. I think.)
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1752 on: July 31, 2015, 02:04:52 pm »

"Ah you should still do it. Dreams are wild young godlings."
"The logistics of a clockwork planet need to be fleshed out first though.  How much magic, how much Essence, how do you get there, how do you keep it in place, what is its shape, how does gravity operate...Here goes."  "Also, if you really want an entire tech planet, I hope you have thought about how MUCH tech you'd actually need to MAKE.  Like, MAKE.  This world, apparently, barely has steel."
Sigtext

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1753 on: July 31, 2015, 02:06:06 pm »

"I estimate thousands of essence at a minimum."

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1754 on: July 31, 2015, 02:08:58 pm »

Dammit, MORE OF YOU?! And already you're thinking up new ways to mess up the already ravaged void of the universe. Awful, just awful. If I had my power back I'd smack the hell out of all of you for even THINKING about doing more stupid things to this universe.
And clockwork planets? That noise will keep me up every night! Have some damn consideration for your elders!
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 137