Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 137

Author Topic: Litany of the Void: A God Game (24/⊕∵↯):IC Tick ?:Who art thou?  (Read 185851 times)

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Litany of the Void: A God Game (24/???):IC Tick 18: Andres the Sinner
« Reply #1965 on: August 13, 2015, 11:15:16 pm »

In addition, make a god detector detector and give it to (put whoever fallacy plays as here)."Damnit stirk"

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1966 on: August 13, 2015, 11:20:10 pm »

"Due to me probably having a very low amount of essence remaining, I am going to do something to actually get me some, you know, diversity in followers."  Create a book titled: inspiration and you, a guide to fey moods! The book shall detail many great things about fey moods, it will also have an effect on anyone who reads it, causing them to become inspired by what is around them and beginning to invent! It shall also have a chapter on Vashna, and how he invented inventing, then got knocked out by something name "stirk" and forced to sleep past creation.
"Oh come on."
Publically appear and debunk the heck out of that.
Start investigating Deific Theory, how deities work.
Encourage the Dgetagan, and others, to do research along the same lines.
Tell the Dgetagan that while they are free to also worship Vashna, the guy really gets on my nerves, is probably half-insane, and that he appears to have a case of megalomania, because I actually was an inventing god prior to his existence.
Provide the relevant evidence.
In fact, publish my own book, in any publishing house that exists.

A Practical Guide to Creation, by Dgetga and Inventors of the World.
It will have guides for how to encourage creative thinking, simple rules on keeping a clean workspace, draftsmanship teachings, and some basic devices with which to test one's skills in any particular field, or improve them.
There will also be an address to which one can send their blueprints to be included in the next edition, or supplements.
Publication will be yearly, with supplements coming out bianually.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 11:22:56 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Litany of the Void: A God Game (24/⊕∵↯):IC Tick 17: Saint Stirk
« Reply #1967 on: August 13, 2015, 11:25:09 pm »

((SEVERAL WARS ARE ABOUT TO BREAK OUT! Be prepared for Tick 17.4, which will be the next update.))

NOT UNDER MY WATCH!

Return to visit Fredrick for another round of discussions:

You are a lot more reasonable than I initially thought, I must admit. I believe we can solve this issue without wasting any lives in a pointless war.

You seem to believe I would declare war on you if you outlawed my worship. I would not do such a thing. I see war as an abomination, a disgusting waste of lives and resources, so I would never declare one unless all other options were exhausted. No, what I would do instead would be to welcome those who would leave your kingdom into my lands.

My decision to ban the worship of your patron was purely pragmatic. It is no secret that me and your god do not get along, our ideals are irreconcilable and we are from two opposing factions. I see no reason to let my enemies and the allies of my enemies benefit from my work, hence the ban. The worshipers are free to leave if they wish to do so, any harm coming to them would not be my work, and be against my orders. I will not perform a genocide, and I will not declare a war if I can avoid the bloodbath.

In conclusion, I believe the best that could happen to both of us would be mutual exclusion. I will strive to prevent the situation to degrade from this point, but I will defend what I created with all I have if given no other choice.

Ban my worship if this can appease you, but spare the lives of your soldiers, they deserve more than dying in this pointless conflict.

Mavnon smirked. 'Very well Huon, very well."

Spend 1E to conjure the dreaded Income Calc., mother and enemy of the gods.
Gift Herema with spectacular charisma and tell him to try and sway other males to his cause. If he is able to acquire a sizable following, order them to begin protesting their racial government. If that doesn't work, they are to begin a rebel movement and force change on their race...Violently if need be. Preferably, attempt to hold females hostage with the help of the trees.
Listen to prayers.

Mavnon releases a Warband Expansion pack: Heroes and Villains. Among them include Fredrick, several different Void Kings and Huon the Wofpaw.

A revolt? Now this have my attention. I will definitively watch this as it unfolds...

And calling Huon Wofpaw? Really?
Meh, he is certainly mature enough not to be insulted by something as low as this.

Visit Huon at some point, before the expansion reach Aag territory. Mention humorously that mavnon was apparently angry enough by his refusal that she decided to make some sort of petty insult in a board game he created.

Watch carefully the revolt if it does indeed happen.

Spoiler: prayers (click to show/hide)
listen to prayers

Hmm... I did not intend for my beetles to be spread all over the fragments, but I forgot to mention that when I created them. I have no one to blame but myself. I must say that I am sorry for any damage they might have caused, I will fix this immediately.
Teleport every Lihzard Beetles that were outside the Aag desert to it, in the wilderness away from any settlement or fort. Inform the military of the increase in the local Lihzard Beetle population before doing this.
Spread desert trees around the Aag desert so that there is enough for the Beetles to sustain themselves without running out of food (and enough to have the trees not be driven to extinction by the Lihzard Beetles). Do not do this if there is already enough trees (I did spread some when I created them, just want to be sure there is enough).

Oh, and I almost forgot, Ask Huon if he would be able to replicate my labcoat and uniform (in different sizes suited to every Aag species, and any other species that makes up a significant portion of the population) if he doesn't have too much work already. Tell him to delay this if he is too busy working on the other job I gave him, as it is not nearly as important as the winter uniforms and the tents.

FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1968 on: August 13, 2015, 11:27:36 pm »

(Let the book race, begin!)
"I don't know why everyone thinks I am THAT kind of insane, for all you know I could have melancholy, and hide behind a mask of happy go lucky inventing god to hold it together? Or perhaps I am perfectly sane, however everyone else is insane?
 Oh and by no means is the story that I put in my book false, it just depends on how you look at it!"

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
Re: Litany of the Void: A God Game (24/⊕∵↯):IC Tick 18: Andres the Sinner
« Reply #1969 on: August 13, 2015, 11:57:24 pm »

((Bloody typos; that should have read wolfpaw))
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1970 on: August 13, 2015, 11:59:39 pm »

Oh right, books. Maybe I should make my own holy books too.
Create my first holy book, called "The Scientificonomicon". This book will explain the scientific method, and further explain how to apply it to almost every aspect of life, while making it obvious (but not obnoxious) That it was written by Lithus, the god of progress. The book will contain a section dedicated to me and my ideals, but the focus of the book really is on science. There will also be a chapter dedicated on how to use the scientific method while dealing with magic, and encouraging it's users to learn more about the functioning of magic (with said method) and to spread said knowledge.

Create my second holy book, called "The Revolutionary's Bible". This book will explain various tactics used to topple an unjust leader or elite, while making it obvious (but not obnoxious) that it was written by Luthus, the god of revolutions. This book will also explain that a revolution should only be attempted against a regime that can't be changed from the inside, and detail many ways to prevent a revolution from resulting in the rise of a dictator. A large portion of  the book is also dedicated to another kind of revolution, that is a large scale change happening in any system. This broader category includes scientific revolutions, which are presented as a great thing worth striving for. Another portion is dedicated to Luthus, and explain that the only kind of revolts he supports are those made against an injustice, and that he despite those who might disguise a power grab as a revolution to improve everyone's life. As with the previous book, it is mostly dedicated to the aspect it conveys, rather than on it's god.

Give some copies of both to my church, which is to work towards the fabrication of many copies to be given freely to those who seek to learn more about me and what I represent.

((and yes, I did notice that I keep switching between first and third person for some reason I can't explain.))

Edit: But I liked woofpaw better :(
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1971 on: August 14, 2015, 12:06:18 am »

((Mavnon isn't that petty :p))
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1972 on: August 14, 2015, 12:18:23 am »

Nilva makes a book and distributes it to literally completely random people, with a preference towards people that probably need it cause they're in the wilderness, it is called 'Nilva's Guide to How to Not Die In The Wilderness.'

The book will primarily provide information that would be of use for not dying in the wilds. Lists and pictures of edible herbs. Lists and pictures of edible plants. Lists and pictures of inedible or deadly plants. Examples and guides to making traps, pictures included. Guides to making basic tools from stuff you would find in the wilds, with pictures included. Guides to starting fires (such as making a bow drill and using that) with pictures. Lists of medicinal herbs, with pictures. How to make watercatchers to catch rain. How to purify water, either through boiling, making makeshift charcoal filters. making other forms of filters, using plants that can purify, and so on. Lists and maps of major landmarks on each Fragment that allow people to navigate back to civilization, pictures of wildlife advisable to avoid, pictures of wildlife safe to catch and eat, pictures of poisonous wildlife. How to make a shelter, how to make a makeshift hunting bow, how to make makeshift hunting tools, how to make a makeshift stove. How to make a makeshift stone oven, how to cook meat over a fire. How to harvest rocksalt for use for preserving and seasoning. How to smoke meats. how to fish. How to make makeshift fishing tools. Pictures and lists of plants good for seasoning. Guides on how to use every part of hunted animals. How to make and fletch arrows. How to make arrowheads intended for killing small game instead of smearing them across the forest floor or wherever you are.

In general. Anything you'd need to know to not die in the wilds and live indefinitely in them if you so chose or end up needing to.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #1973 on: August 14, 2015, 01:18:23 am »

"We're all making holy books now? Very well."

Aurosseu creates the following book and hands it to his clergy to be copied and distributed:
Spoiler: Book (click to show/hide)
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1974 on: August 14, 2015, 01:26:53 am »

Invent printing press and give to clan Rilem. Profit off the now very popular holy books. Only do this if I have enough essence.

Places of learning sponsored by Mavnon are to include these books in the curriculum due to their many lessons.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 02:45:46 am by micelus »
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1975 on: August 14, 2015, 01:39:27 am »

"...Iliseth...if you might find locations other than Sapling lands...for your people...I would be grateful...or attempt to find a way for them to be...assimilated into Sapling life and culture...as these...reservations...cannot support the numbers you are producing..."
"Being free in their own territory would be ideal, but war will soon break out and my new city may be a target if they were completely independent. Humanity will not assimilate into Sapling life and culture. Firstly, they are an entirely separate species and would likely be unable to imitate them. Secondly, they are made up of many people all over the world and as such are a "melting pot" of culture and diversity. I would not give that up simply to accommodate their hosts better, gracious as they are.

Still, I will not do nothing. In the interests of Saplings and Humans alike, I will send an embassy to Sapling lands and ensure that any issues can be communicated.

As for being unable to support their numbers....that's entirely false. The Sapling lands are the most fertile thanks to their god being the god of Growth. Also, a mere few tens of thousands is nowhere near enough to strip an entire environment to nothing."
((Seriously, the city of Rome alone in ancient times held a million people. Their current numbers are nothing in comparison and the world is purportedly just as large.))

My Leader angel will train diplomats from among some of my priests. After that, the new diplomats will be sent to Sapling lands and found an embassy. They will make sure that any issues between Saplings and Humans can be worked out diplomatically. The diplomats are forbidden from spreading my religion and are not to make opportunistic gains for the Human city.

((Now let's see.... I was making 3E a few Ticks ago. Since then, I've created 20k new Humans at a total cost of 10E. The rules going back to the beginning said that 5E worth of/10k Humans gave 1E per turn, so I should be at 5E per turn. Since I've just created 20k Humans, that's 20k more potential Art users, increasing my income through Influence. I am ok with this.))

Create more Humans with 5E (so it'd be 10k plus whatever I'd get from the pantheon bonus), with the wisest being ordained as priests and the strongest as templars.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 05:59:14 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1976 on: August 14, 2015, 06:49:52 am »

"You're telling me the press WASN'T a thing?"
Concurrently invent the press, and newspapers, in Dgetagan territory, should they not already have such.  Create a publishing house, as well, under the same conditions.  In the next Supplement/edition, publish excerpts from Liuthus' book, as well as normal bits.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 07:17:41 am by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1977 on: August 14, 2015, 08:52:38 am »

"...that is not...what I mean, when I said assimilate...I meant that they would stop living separately...so that these 'reservations'...are unnecessary...and again...I do not mean the entirety of Sapling lands...but I would by far prefer that the entirety of the local Sapling lands not need be dedicated to Humans...and if the Saplings are growing concerned with the amount of land that must be set aside...then it is no small amount...I would rather not contain a separate nation within Sapling borders...even one of my allies...such can rarely end well...if you are going to make new Humans...please stop doing ao within that city...spread them out, if you feel you must create them within the homelands of my followers..."

Two more Great Trees. Use four power to improve weather across Sapling lands.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1978 on: August 14, 2015, 08:58:53 am »

Create a book called "Space", which entirely debates the differences between spaces, teaches measuring, and the concept of unity, while always mentioning Stellarion, the good god who helps all gods and beings, if just approached by the right manner. Hand a copy of this book to the clans, and also bring it to that new printing press and get it published.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1979 on: August 14, 2015, 09:24:12 am »

In addition, make a god detector detector and give it to (put whoever fallacy plays as here)."Damnit stirk"
((you keep breaking your colors.))

"Oh, we're playing the book game, eh? Well..."

Create and publish a book called the Gai-un. Not if it would cost crux.

Spoiler: Chapter 1: Creation (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Chapter 2: Edicts (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 02:26:58 pm by FallacyofUrist »
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 137