Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 137

Author Topic: Litany of the Void: A God Game (24/⊕∵↯):IC Tick ?:Who art thou?  (Read 185717 times)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Re: Litany of the Void: A God Game (24/⊕∵↯):IC Tick 18: Andres the Sinner
« Reply #1995 on: August 14, 2015, 10:50:01 am »

"Utter, your....utter lack of originality is almost as bad as your near-aimless destruction. The pamphlet is barely worth a star from a set of five."
THAT BURNING ROD OF LIGHT YOU CALL A SUN COMPARED TO MY HATE IS LIKE HOLDING AN UNLIT MATCH UP TO A FOREST FIRE. WERE I MORE POWERFUL, I'D DESTROY THIS AND EVERY OTHER REALITY, AND REMAKE IT SIMPLY TO DESTROY IT AGAIN, ON AND ON, IN AN ETERNAL CYCLE. IF MY HATE COULD BE CONDENSED INTO PURE ENERGY, IT WOULD IN FACT GIVE ME THE ABILITY TO CREATE SUCH A CYCLE. MY HATE COULD QUALIFY AS ITS OWN SEPARATE UNIVERSE, SUCH IS ITS SIZE. IF MY HATE WERE AN ANIMAL, IT WOULD NEED CHAINS WROUGHT FROM THE VERY BONES OF GODS TO RESTRAIN IT. IF MY HATE COULD BE VIEWED, IT WOULD SEAR THE VIEWER FROM EXISTENCE, AND THE FIRES OF THEIR BODY WOULD BE HOT ENOUGH TO BLIND EVEN A GOD. MY HATE IS SO POTENT, THAT IF IT COULD BE CONDENSED INTO AN OCEAN THE SIZE OF THIS UNIVERSE, A SINGLE DROP OF THAT HATE IN A BODY OF WATER ALSO THE SIZE OF THIS UNIVERSE WOULD BE ENOUGH TO MAKE EVERY SMALL GLASS OF IT WOULD BE POISONOUS ENOUGH TO KILL 100 HUMAN BEINGS.
"To be fair, I voted for a spherical sun."

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1996 on: August 14, 2015, 10:51:39 am »

[Skolld, God of Binding and Bone]
Wolf Form

Skolld ascends his form and speaks to all the Air Wolves.
"I will change the bodies of those willing into one more suited for your domain, a form which can fly, at the cost of your efficiency at land."
Change the willing Air Wolves into Air Eagles, Golden Eagles to those far in land, and Bald Eagles ('murica) to those near the coasts.
"This body shall change your stature and size, making you capable of standing on your rear legs. Your fur will be replaced by feathers, so you can handle the winds and cold far up.
Your front legs will change into wings, with which you will be able to fly. Your eyes will change to be capable of seeing great distances.
But there's going to be a difference among you. Specifically those inland and those at the coasts, to better suit your environments.
"

Okay, now for another issue.
Skolld speaks to all the most powerful wolves/elemental beasts.
"We are to have a meeting, a nature council, you could say, where the most powerful elemental animals, are to gather."
Skolld transmits the location of a relatively uninhabited coast, but still somewhat near the coast. He then makes a clearing in it, where the Nature Council can gather.
"Meet me here, I'll take my time getting there, and even wait once I've arrived, so don't hurry too much."
Skolld reverts back to his Wolf Form where he originally was, and starts walking to the gathering point.
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Litany of the Void: A God Game (24/???):IC Tick 18: Andres the Sinner
« Reply #1997 on: August 14, 2015, 11:04:46 am »

"Eh, I've read better,  the ending has some problems as well.
And my book does have SOME actual science people, such as an entire chapter about how to put out fires using science!"

Augh, you JUST ACCIDENTALLY HAVE ACTUAL SCIENCE.
I cannot believe this.
All right then, include the chapter on chemical fire extinguishers, and when, where, and how to use them.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 11:06:45 am by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1998 on: August 14, 2015, 11:15:57 am »

"Oh, and then there is the chapter on alchemy, and how it is actually something called chemistry, And how it cannot, actually turn lead to gold! Or the chapter about radiation! Or the chapter about making godly technology work for you!"

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1999 on: August 14, 2015, 11:24:21 am »

"Oh, and then there is the chapter on alchemy, and how it is actually something called chemistry, And how it cannot, actually turn lead to gold! Or the chapter about radiation! Or the chapter about making godly technology work for you!"
"All right, stop making stuff up.  That is not in the book."

However, add sections on deific technology and magic to the Encyclopedia Scientifica.  There's already sections on chemistry and radiation.  Or, well, pitchblende.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 11:34:39 am by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2000 on: August 14, 2015, 11:32:10 am »

Appear to Uthher giving him a blanket a nice cup of cocoa.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2001 on: August 14, 2015, 11:48:53 am »

"Oh dear, I appear to have dozed off for a moment there. Did I miss anything?"

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
Re: Litany of the Void: A God Game (24/⊕∵↯):IC Tick 17: Saint Stirk
« Reply #2002 on: August 14, 2015, 12:04:19 pm »

(My apologies for being so inactive, I had some real life stuff.)
"Right, now that that's over.  Anyway, I'd like to request that you'd allow us to use your magic system for this working, Alicia?  Yours seems to be the only one that allows for permanent manifestations, and frankly, the idea of crafting something simply through music appeals very much to my artistic side."
"Feel free to utilize it, as long as it is not used to harm innocents."

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2003 on: August 14, 2015, 12:47:30 pm »

"No, if anything, exactly the opposite.  I plan to build a new planet with it."
Sigtext

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2004 on: August 14, 2015, 12:47:55 pm »

"HATE. LET ME TELL YOU HOW MUCH I'VE COME TO HATE YOU SINCE I BEGAN TO LIVE. THERE ARE 500 MILLION SQUARE MILES OF LAND THAT MAKE UP THE PLANETARY FRAGMENTS THAT BLEMISH THIS VOID. IF THE WORD HATE WAS ENGRAVED ON EACH PLANCK AREA OF THOSE HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS OF MILES IT WOULD NOT EQUAL ONE ONE-BILLIONTH OF THE HATE I FEEL FOR YOU ALL AT THIS MICRO-INSTANT. HATE. HATE."
-Utther, 2015

Engrave this on a human-sized obelisk that will be located in a random Aag city. Subtly encourage the population (through the use of mental suggestion) to use this quote the same way the IRL Gorilla warfare copypasta is used.

"That have been corrected? Lo, to all the gods present, do you think Nilva is insanely eccentric?"

Almost every single of Nilva's shenanigans have resulted in a new discovery, so I really can't be mad at her(him?). This eccentricity does not seem to be impairing her(him?), so I wouldn't classify it as madness. "Extremely" or "Excessively" would be more accurate than "Insanely".

I'm pretty sure it is possible to turn lead into gold (although lead is probably not the best candidate for this kind of change), we just don't have the technology for it yet. I'd place it roughly around the same technological level as nanofactories.

Did utther wake you up? he tends to be very loud. Anyways, everyone decided to write a holy book, and the printing press was invented for this purpose.

Oh and Dgetga, would you be interested in trading the secret of the printing press for the secret of growing sandcotton and how to make lightweight tools and armor out of it's sturdy leafs?
« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 03:22:35 pm by FArgHalfnr »
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2005 on: August 14, 2015, 01:01:54 pm »

HATE. LET ME TELL YOU HOW MUCH I'VE COME TO HATE YOU SINCE I BEGAN TO LIVE. THERE ARE 500 MILLION SQUARE MILES OF LAND THAT MAKE UP THE PLANETARY FRAGMENTS THAT BLEMISH THIS VOID. IF THE WORD HATE WAS ENGRAVED ON EACH PLANCK AREA OF THOSE HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS OF MILES IT WOULD NOT EQUAL ONE ONE-BILLIONTH OF THE HATE I FEEL FOR YOU ALL AT THIS MICRO-INSTANT. HATE. HATE.
-Utther, 2015

Engrave this on a human-sized obelisk that will be located in a random Aag city. Subtly encourage the population (through the use of mental suggestion) to use this quote the same way the IRL Gorilla warfare copypasta is used.

"That have been corrected? Lo, to all the gods present, do you think Nilva is insanely eccentric?"

Almost every single of Nilva's shenanigans have resulted in a new discovery, so I really can't be mad at her(him?). This eccentricity does not seem to be impairing her(him?), so I wouldn't classify it as madness. "Extremely" or "Excessively" would be more accurate than "Insanely".

I'm pretty sure it is possible to turn lead into gold (although lead is probably not the best candidate for this kind of change), we just don't have the technology for it yet. I'd place it roughly around the same technological level as nanofactories.

Did utther wake you up? he tends to be very loud. Anyways, everyone decided to write a holy book, and the printing press was invented for this purpose.

Oh and Dgetga, would you be interested in trading the secret of the printing press for the secret of growing sandcotton and how to make lightweight tools and armor out of it's sturdy leafs?
"Certainly."
Sigtext

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2006 on: August 14, 2015, 01:13:45 pm »

"Well I may have exaggerated it's size, it is a sub-chapter of chapter twenty-five: safety: how not to die! And godly technology is under gods and their worship: how to appease a god while getting something useful done at the same time!"

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2007 on: August 14, 2015, 01:22:43 pm »

"Well I may have exaggerated it's size, it is a sub-chapter of chapter twenty-five: safety: how not to die! And godly technology is under gods and their worship: how to appease a god while getting something useful done at the same time!"
"You realize you're looking completely inept and I'm not even doing anything at this point.  Stop digging yourself deeper into this hole you've got."
Sigtext

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2008 on: August 14, 2015, 01:39:31 pm »

Good.
Send traders and diplomats to Dgetagan lands to perform the trade, and bring enough sandcotton and sandcotton seeds to create a plantation as a gift.

"THAT BURNING ROD OF LIGHT YOU CALL A SUN COMPARED TO MY HATE IS LIKE HOLDING AN UNLIT MATCH UP TO A FOREST FIRE. WERE I MORE POWERFUL, I'D DESTROY THIS AND EVERY OTHER REALITY, AND REMAKE IT SIMPLY TO DESTROY IT AGAIN, ON AND ON, IN AN ETERNAL CYCLE. IF MY HATE COULD BE CONDENSED INTO PURE ENERGY, IT WOULD IN FACT GIVE ME THE ABILITY TO CREATE SUCH A CYCLE. MY HATE COULD QUALIFY AS ITS OWN SEPARATE UNIVERSE, SUCH IS ITS SIZE. IF MY HATE WERE AN ANIMAL, IT WOULD NEED CHAINS WROUGHT FROM THE VERY BONES OF GODS TO RESTRAIN IT. IF MY HATE COULD BE VIEWED, IT WOULD SEAR THE VIEWER FROM EXISTENCE, AND THE FIRES OF THEIR BODY WOULD BE HOT ENOUGH TO BLIND EVEN A GOD. MY HATE IS SO POTENT, THAT IF IT COULD BE CONDENSED INTO AN OCEAN THE SIZE OF THIS UNIVERSE, A SINGLE DROP OF THAT HATE IN A BODY OF WATER ALSO THE SIZE OF THIS UNIVERSE WOULD BE ENOUGH TO MAKE EVERY SMALL GLASS OF IT WOULD BE POISONOUS ENOUGH TO KILL 100 HUMAN BEINGS."
-utther, 2015

Do the same thing with this quote as with the other one.

Edit: Fixed the name
« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 03:22:49 pm by FArgHalfnr »
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2009 on: August 14, 2015, 01:41:28 pm »

((Dgetagan.))
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 137