Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 241

Author Topic: The Infinite Heavens: More than one way to skin a cat.  (Read 334437 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: The Infinite Heavens: Tourist Trap
« Reply #585 on: August 17, 2015, 08:23:08 pm »

Emperor penguins can fly?

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: August 18, 2015, 12:31:37 am »

Emperor penguins can fly?

((I believe not. But, if you mean Harry's appearance, he specified in his character sheet he resembles a bearded vulture. You might be confusing him with Corsair's character, whom we left outside of Slenceville. Then again, maybe you meant none of that.))
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: August 18, 2015, 06:59:53 am »

((So where am I now pw?))
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: August 18, 2015, 09:36:14 am »

((I believe not. But, if you mean Harry's appearance, he specified in his character sheet he resembles a bearded vulture. You might be confusing him with Corsair's character, whom we left outside of Slenceville. Then again, maybe you meant none of that.))

((A bearded vulture with hand-like claws at the wing tips, to be specific.))

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: August 18, 2015, 11:15:20 am »

"You don't exactly look like natives yourselves."

((I can't tell whether you're actually in the game, or just joking around. Disregard this dialogue if it's the latter.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #590 on: August 18, 2015, 11:34:44 am »

((So where am I now pw?))
I would assume that you'd want to come down to meet The hyena. You're up in that village, with a view of him at least.

Dammit. Where the hell do they put this thing.

See if I can get under the car safely. If so, try to track the pipes from the gas tank.
[6]

You tear out some tubes...some pipes...some wires...an air filter...couple of spark plugs...a...you're not really sure what that is. But you get it too!

Check to see if the mouth worm talks again.
Check how?

Back away from the car just in case John blows up the car or some shit.

Hmm. Do we have any spare containers that aren't holding anything at the moment? What are they made of?

All of the containers I remember are either filled with gas, booze, water or plant.

"Easy fellas. Can you talk? I'm not going to hurt you."

As they approach, look them over. Have my deer shank at the ready, just in case.
Whether or not you want to hit them with a deer shank is up to you, but here they are.

Flamengo John, living mannequin in a garish pink outfit, walks up to Hyena man while snapping his fingers to some unheard beat.

"Yo, baby! What brings you to this dreadful piece of hell?"
From somewhere reasonably high up on the carved-out village a silhouette approaches. Looks like giant predatory bird, or maybe some kind of tiny feathered dragon?

Fly closer and land not far from this new hyena-like visitor. Cycle through dialects until I get this:

"Good afternoon, fine fellow! What might you be looking for in this here equally fine town?"

There are a few of the large Lupine looking creatures somewhat farther behind them, moving very slowly and deliberately toward you. They look to be about 9 feet tall, cloaked in white cloth and sporting a single large blue eye above a dog like snout.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: August 18, 2015, 11:55:03 am »

((Umm... by "track" I meant look for them in the same way I looked for the fuel pump under the hood, but from underneath the car. But okay, let's roll with what I got. Just tell me if there is gas leaking from there somewhere now, that's it all torn apart.))
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #592 on: August 18, 2015, 12:00:46 pm »

((Umm... by "track" I meant look for them in the same way I looked for the fuel pump under the hood, but from underneath the car. But okay, let's roll with what I got. Just tell me if there is gas leaking from there somewhere now, that's it all torn apart.))
I know, you got a 6. You overshot and since you were doing this as part of a process to try and find a tube to remove, you succeeded on finding the tube and removed it! Along with a bunch of other stuff.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: August 18, 2015, 01:32:02 pm »

I know, you got a 6. You overshot and since you were doing this as part of a process to try and find a tube to remove, you succeeded on finding the tube and removed it! Along with a bunch of other stuff.
((Okay. As I said, I'll roll with what I've got.))

Get that tube and get over to the gas tank latch. Open it, and shove the tube into opening. Enjoy my exotic Jeep cocktail [suck the gas from the tank through the tube].
Sigs

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: August 18, 2015, 02:18:36 pm »

"Ah forget it, the cloud world probably dissolve any containers anyway.
Hmm."

Get a pebble off the ground and gently toss it at the cloud. Does it dissolve?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: August 18, 2015, 03:06:07 pm »

"You don't exactly look like natives yourselves."

"We don't, yes! And we're not, not to my knowledge. But I can tell you something of the area if you'd like. Least I can do for a weary traveler, don't you think?"

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: August 18, 2015, 03:09:53 pm »

See if the thing talks by staring at it intensely.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #597 on: August 18, 2015, 03:58:57 pm »

((Okay. As I said, I'll roll with what I've got.))

Get that tube and get over to the gas tank latch. Open it, and shove the tube into opening. Enjoy my exotic Jeep cocktail [suck the gas from the tank through the tube].
You sit down and start chugging from the gas tank. You're not certain all of this is gasoline...oh well. You drain as much of it as you can drink in one setting. Which is about a gallon.

"Ah forget it, the cloud world probably dissolve any containers anyway.
Hmm."

Get a pebble off the ground and gently toss it at the cloud. Does it dissolve?

It less dissolves and more vanishes in a spray of sparks like someone held it on a grind wheel until there was nothing left.

See if the thing talks by staring at it intensely.
You hold the thing up by the string it was tied to the mirror with and stare at it. After about 30 seconds it asks  "What?"  in a voice much deeper then you'd expect from something that size.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: August 18, 2015, 04:07:54 pm »

Ugh. I hope I don't ruin my engine with that stuff. I wonder how much more could we make on a fuel like that. Or maybe this damn thing is designed for that sort of stuff...

Empty the rest of the stuff in the tank into the jerry can using the tube. This should work like corresponding vessels once the flow emerges from the tube due to my suction. When done, see if I can strap that jerry can to my back with wires I got.
Sigs

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: August 18, 2015, 04:08:31 pm »

"Alright. First thing's first-" he glances at the Lupines "...what are those things?"

Chat up the vulture.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 241