Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 241

Author Topic: The Infinite Heavens: More than one way to skin a cat.  (Read 334286 times)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: The Infinite Heavens: Tourist Trap
« Reply #870 on: September 03, 2015, 07:22:12 pm »

"Hokey Dokey. Gentlemen, time to wake up. Something big is stomping around out there and it might be coming this way. The other fellow said we should hide. Isn't this exciting?"

Help everyone wake up.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: September 05, 2015, 05:36:53 am »

"murmble murble GRAR ROAR"
wake up groggily wiping at eyes, look around for intruders and if found barbeque them with flame breath.
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #872 on: September 05, 2015, 12:16:41 pm »

"Hokey Dokey. Gentlemen, time to wake up. Something big is stomping around out there and it might be coming this way. The other fellow said we should hide. Isn't this exciting?"

Help everyone wake up.
Flamenco John wakes everyone who wasn't already woken up by the sound. Basically, this is just Xan who he has to shake for a while and ply with promises of explosives and lusty women.

Hyenakles grabs John's gun, and frantically checks to see that it's loaded. As he pops open his door, he turns to Flamengo John.

"I should be right back, go ahead and wake them up and get ready to run. We need somewhere to hide, somewhere that isn't the jeep. Let's try not to die."

Take John's gun and the deer leg, and find shelter; it can be a ditch, an overhang, anything we could reasonably cower in or behind. Unless it's gonna get me killed, proceed to run back to the jeep, to get the others, before I duck and cover.
"Well that was fun guys, been a great time, love you all but, um..."

You shrug and jump out of the jeep, sprinting off into the dark. You run for a while before finding a large boulder and throw yourself behind it.

Keep looking! Must locate either bones or traveling schmuck band. Bones of traveling schmuck band are starting to sound okay also.
You hear the same giant footsteps as well; and given thats your only point of reference in this inky blackness, you decide to head towards it. Knowing those guys, it's probably near them. You fly in until you can see something. It's massive, too big for you to see all of it in the dark at once. It has a vaguely gorilla like stance, quadrupedal but with over-sized forelimbs and a distinct hunched appearance. You can see glints of metal hidden in coarse gray hair, some of it looks like armor plate but others are very clearly weapons that have been lodged in the creature's hide. Some are of enormous size and as you fly around it, you realize that this creature should, by all reasonable standards, be dead. Several long metal lances have been pierced straight through it, and human sized swords are embedded all over it's arms and back. It has a great maw of teeth that hangs lazily agape and it's eyes are partially covered by blinders. It's walking forward slowly, carefully putting one powerful limb down, pausing for several seconds and then moving another.  Its movement seems almost autonomous, devoid of thought or rational.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: September 05, 2015, 12:27:06 pm »

Circle and observe this thing. What an amazing creature to find on a plain!

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: September 05, 2015, 12:58:09 pm »

Grab my bag, chase Hyenakles, take the same cover.

*in low voice*
- Alright, so what is that thumping? Saw what that was?

((Do I have the gun right now or has he got it?))
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #875 on: September 05, 2015, 02:13:10 pm »

*in low voice*

He has it. You gave it to him eariler and he ran off with it.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: September 05, 2015, 02:22:48 pm »

Get to cover, preferably somewhere off to the side of the thumping noise.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: September 05, 2015, 02:25:19 pm »

He has it. You gave it to him eariler and he ran off with it.

((Okie dokie. Wasn't sure about what exactly happened.))
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: September 05, 2015, 02:44:37 pm »

Cower. Try to estimate the location and size of the source of the thumping noise.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: September 05, 2015, 05:34:58 pm »

"Fucking swear fucking giant ass thumping fucking noises fucking fuckers fuck"

Attempt to discern which direction the tremors are coming from and see what I can see in that direction.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: September 05, 2015, 05:48:44 pm »

Stay low to the ground, try and see what's making the sound and where it is. Wiggle my hips.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #881 on: September 07, 2015, 11:21:04 am »

Circle and observe this thing. What an amazing creature to find on a plain!
The thing appears to have platforms built onto its head and shoulders. For riding or observing, probably. Maybe for firing down from? Hard to say. This is a war beast of some kind but there's no driver. But why would there be a war beast out here? Especially one of such size.

*in low voice*

[4]
You run off in the same direction and you think you get near him, but you can't find exactly where he's hiding in the dark.

Get to cover, preferably somewhere off to the side of the thumping noise.
[6]
You sprint off into the darkness and just keep running. You don't know what could possibly protect you from something big enough to stomp around like that, so you decide to just keep running.

Cower. Try to estimate the location and size of the source of the thumping noise.
The location is "Rapidly closing in" and the size appears to be "Fucking big"

"Fucking swear fucking giant ass thumping fucking noises fucking fuckers fuck"

Attempt to discern which direction the tremors are coming from and see what I can see in that direction.
You can tell the direction they're coming from easily, but you, for now, can't see anything. The plain is quite dark at night, like a cloudy, moonless night back on earth. You might be able to turn on the car's head lights to see more...

Stay low to the ground, try and see what's making the sound and where it is. Wiggle my hips.
You jump out of the car and proceed to hump the ground.

You asked for it.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: September 07, 2015, 11:32:01 am »

Look around. Find a big rock, or a ditch, or bushes. Use that for cover.
Sigs

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: September 07, 2015, 11:47:47 am »

Try perching on one of these beast platforms, preferably the most boss-like one. Check if beast is responsive to verbal commands (whether in the weird dog language or proper civilized speech). BE READY TO DODGE AND FLY AWAY.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 02:13:43 pm by Harry Baldman »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: September 07, 2015, 01:31:10 pm »

"Hah. Good try, muse. If I turn on the headlights whatever's out there is gonna see me too."

Look around for cover, whether it be a bush or rock or something like that, or just under the jeep if necessary. Get under cover.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 241