Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 241

Author Topic: The Infinite Heavens: More than one way to skin a cat.  (Read 334315 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: The Infinite Heavens: Mobile Home
« Reply #1080 on: October 01, 2015, 12:00:59 pm »

"I am immediately incredibly jealous of him and desire to overtake him, but that's normal for me. But I know better than that - anyone known by a title like that has no doubt made plentiful use of the perception-shifting magic or whatever it is that I figured out. Too powerful to defeat for now.

Was the king a former mortal, like us?"

talkatalk
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: October 01, 2015, 12:20:06 pm »

Explain to the lupines that these are the weapons I spoke of, pointing at John's quaint storefront imitation. Handle trade negotiations.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: October 01, 2015, 02:42:37 pm »

John sits by the improvised showcase and rests.

- I'm leaving the negotiations up to you guys, but feel free to throw in a few more spears or swords if this will sway them the right way - just explain that it would require me to make a roundtrip to get those. Also consider mentioning other stuff if this is necessary to get us what we want.

Look at the Lupine we are negotiating with. It was mentioned that they wear some sort of white cloaks, I believe? Are any of them different from others? Any obvious leader among them right now?
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: October 01, 2015, 02:47:25 pm »

- I'm leaving the negotiations up to you guys, but feel free to throw in a few more spears or swords if this will sway them the right way - just explain that it would require me to make a roundtrip to get those. Also consider mentioning other stuff if this is necessary to get us what we want.

"Wait a minute, what are we even negotiating for? Wasn't this entire trip your idea, good chap? I don't actually need anything from these people, I find."

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: October 01, 2015, 03:01:05 pm »

"Wait a minute, what are we even negotiating for? Wasn't this entire trip your idea, good chap? I don't actually need anything from these people, I find."

- Yes, it was my idea. Because we are going to traverse vast territories of hell, or multiple hells, and we are going to need food and water, and I don't know how available that will be. We are engaged in trade negotiations right now. I do not need either food or water, but my companions do. So I proposed to sell some equipment. I take it you are here on your good will to help us overcome language barrier. All that keeps us together is good will, except Tarmac and Xankarvo, they made a vow of sorts and decided to stick to it. I said no vows, I was just hiking for a ride.
You want something from this deal for yourself, we can throw in more stuff to barter with so you can get it.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2015, 03:02:39 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: October 01, 2015, 03:28:57 pm »

"Well, I really only need bones and adventure, and the beast has plenty of both. Very lovely low-cost lifestyle that I happen to lead. I suppose it will be Mr. Hyenakles who'll have to specify the needs of the more picky members of our group, don't you think? Though he seems to have that semi-handled, actually," says Mr. Bird, then gets back to interpreting for Hyenakles, the only proactive member of this trade mission.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: October 01, 2015, 03:42:01 pm »

Johns opens his mouth as if he had something else to say, but shuts it, leans back and just observes the negotiation process.
Sigs

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: October 01, 2015, 05:56:52 pm »

"Sounds like we'll be passing through the empire at some point anyway, if we aren't already. Think you could take us to the center of it, if we wanted to go? And how did you end up on a jeep in the first place?"

Talky talky talky
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: October 01, 2015, 07:06:43 pm »

act like nothing happened
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: October 01, 2015, 09:04:09 pm »

>Hyenakles: get distracted from trading and go sniff some hawt lupine behinds instead.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: October 02, 2015, 12:30:02 am »

Shrugging his shoulders and casting his eyes downward, Hyenakles adopts an almost folksy variation upon his typical hyena dialect. After a pause, during which he sort of paces a bit as if in thought, he addressed the Lupines.

"Look- Lupines. You're canids. I'm... Basically a canid. I might not know your language- our language?- but I do know that if you go far enough back, we might as well be family. I get where you're coming from- you're hard workers. You worked hard for that food, and I respect that. I respect it because I understand- folks like us value an honest living.

And that's why I'm offering you such a steal on these arms. These are top-notch weapons- and in this day and dimension, that may well make the difference between life and death. Your children's life and death. And what's more precious to you-those excess food stores, or your children?"

Finagle

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1091 on: October 02, 2015, 05:56:16 am »

((Psst. You have a giant war machine/troop carrier filled with weapons that has no crew and is carrying no soldiers. Convince some of them to become your crew and soldiers. Then go conquer a heaven or two.))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: October 02, 2015, 06:17:55 am »

Check the rifle for aiming. Is it just plain old iron sights, or is there a slider for different ranges? Root around corpses to see if there's a scope or something there.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: October 02, 2015, 06:28:10 am »

((Psst. You have a giant war machine/troop carrier filled with weapons that has no crew and is carrying no soldiers. Convince some of them to become your crew and soldiers. Then go conquer a heaven or two.))

((I believe we might as well use some more PCs from waitlist for that.))
Sigs

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: October 02, 2015, 06:40:59 am »

((I believe we might as well use some more PCs from waitlist for that.))
((That is true, next stop, put out fliers for some crew, and whenever another player comes on, PW can handwave it as 'they were always there'.
And in the case of people being killed who are not currently PCs, pack some redshirts in there.))
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 241