Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 241

Author Topic: The Infinite Heavens: More than one way to skin a cat.  (Read 334283 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: The Infinite Heavens: Amputee Voltron
« Reply #1545 on: December 03, 2015, 10:39:46 am »

Hmm. Does it seem to be hot at all? Heated or summat?

In any case, try once more.

((Just so y'all know I'm without internet at my house for 5 days so I'll be a little sparse with actual posts until then. I should be able to get actions in, there's wifi at work, but until then.))
It's...kinda warm.

[4]
Now it's a bit warmer.

Your FAITH in yourself is strong but really, what is that FAITH of one man worth, especially in so low key a situation.

Fly back up to the warbeast's back.

"Right, chaps, seems like these here ruins are bloody useless in every possible way. Let's be moving on?"
Welp, back you go.

"Uhhhh... mostly just graassss here.  Pretty tasty, though ssssometimes it ww-wuh-whispers."

Enjoy the long-lost feeling of drunkenness.
Hey guys...hey guys, we going anywhere any time soon?

HurHuum floats beside John and shows him a worn page from its notebook.
"Hmm?"

Hello
What are you?/called

- So you can do that, huh? Good enough. I'm John, the driver for this outfit.

"Right, chaps, seems like these here ruins are bloody useless in every possible way. Let's be moving on?"

- If you say so...

"Uhhhh... mostly just graassss here.  Pretty tasty, though ssssometimes it ww-wuh-whispers."

- Yep. Definitely moving on. Anything else seem finicky to you about that place?

Get back to command chair, sit there with rifle on my lap and keep watch for now while the Warbeast marches on. Not running, like on our way here, just walking by at its cruising speed.

Also: we have these boxes for rifle bullets. Are they made of tin or zinc or something like that?
The boxes or the bullets?

Also, which way you wanna go from the ruins? Just keep going straight on, or change direction?

Examine the room Im in, any chance I could fall off the warbeast in this room?
Eh...I don't wanna say no, but if you did it would involve the war beast tilting at least 90 degrees so chances are if that happens you have more to worry about.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #1546 on: December 03, 2015, 10:46:34 am »

Also, which way you wanna go from the ruins? Just keep going straight on, or change direction?

Straight on for now. If we come across some road, or if we can see one from where we are (fat chance, it's night), follow the road.

Also, the boxes. I want to know what boxes are made of.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 05:40:24 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1547 on: December 03, 2015, 05:57:50 pm »

Test how high up this platform is. Can I "see" the ground from here using my echolocation?
((Friendly reminder that my character in also blind :P))
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1548 on: December 03, 2015, 07:02:33 pm »

Get over my fear of falling off the warbeast and go onto a deck.  Be another pair of eyes examining the surroundings

"So where are we going?
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1549 on: December 03, 2015, 07:08:49 pm »

Wander the "ship."  How much of the edibles are plant based?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1550 on: December 04, 2015, 01:25:58 am »

I HAVE FAITH IN THE ME THAT HAS FAITH IN MYSELF THAT HAS FAITH THAT I'M GOING TO LIGHT THIS FUCKING ROCK ON FIRE

Xankarvo angrily denies the constraints of mediocrity and common sense.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1551 on: December 04, 2015, 10:25:09 am »

Straight on for now. If we come across some road, or if we can see one from where we are (fat chance, it's night), follow the road.

Also, the boxes. I want to know what boxes are made of.

The boxes are made out of...well you're not entirely sure. It's metal, silvery, light but also very thin. Could be aluminum? Or maybe Steel? Or maybe Tin? Hard to say honestly. Could be some kind of metal that only exists somewhere here in the afterlife. You get the feeling that your gun is made of something like that.

As per a road, no, you don't find one of those. However, you do find  other interesting things on your continued path forward. There are more ruins, all similar to these, of varying size.  Eventually, about 20 minutes away, you find a set of ruins that appears to be still somewhat intact. It appears to be a few levels of stone scaffolding, of a quite impressive size.

Test how high up this platform is. Can I "see" the ground from here using my echolocation?
((Friendly reminder that my character in also blind :P))
Nope.

Get over my fear of falling off the warbeast and go onto a deck.  Be another pair of eyes examining the surroundings

"So where are we going?
[6]
You jump onto the railing around the deck and start walking around, shouting pirate quotes and telling people to do various things with non-existent sails and masts and booty.

Wander the "ship."  How much of the edibles are plant based?
A fair bit of the food is plant based. Fruits, mostly.

I HAVE FAITH IN THE ME THAT HAS FAITH IN MYSELF THAT HAS FAITH THAT I'M GOING TO LIGHT THIS FUCKING ROCK ON FIRE

Xankarvo angrily denies the constraints of mediocrity and common sense.
[2]

You're gonna have to do something better.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1552 on: December 04, 2015, 11:25:10 am »

Fly around, do high altitude surveys of the area. Watch out for nearby features of the landscape.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1553 on: December 04, 2015, 11:34:08 am »

- Now we're talking. Hey Hyenakles, wanna look inside those ruins? I'm afraid you'd be on your own fighting-wise, since I'm not in any shape for exploration, and Xankarvo is still out of business, but that means everything you find becomes yours and yours only! Your call.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1554 on: December 04, 2015, 11:42:08 am »

"Hey now; I'm plenty steady in a scuffle!  Can't knock me down!"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1555 on: December 04, 2015, 01:59:40 pm »

"I'm not going in there alone. I'll take the Dino guy with me, and Mr. Bird, if he wants."

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1556 on: December 04, 2015, 03:05:59 pm »

"I'm not going in there alone. I'll take the Dino guy with me, and Mr. Bird, if he wants."

- Good idea. Grab any weaponry you see fitting, I'll get the dino down.

Hyenakles should manage to get down form Warbeast himslef, others might require assistance - provide it.

While they're gone, start a fire if it's still dark. Then get to work.

« Last Edit: December 05, 2015, 03:59:29 am by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1557 on: December 04, 2015, 04:13:55 pm »

"What in blazes is a dino?"

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1558 on: December 04, 2015, 04:21:03 pm »

"What in blazes is a dino?"

- Ugh. Look, I don't know what were you before, but your current body is awfully similar to something colloquially known as a Dinosaur, Dino for short. We haven't quite memorized your name yet... what was was it Dave, so be cool about it. It is something like calling a man you're not familiar with "a human", it's not an insult.
Sigs

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1559 on: December 04, 2015, 04:52:40 pm »

"...perhaps if I murder someone and use their sacrifice to power my magic..."

Contemplate murder-based methods of gaining the ability to manipulate fire. Would burning someone alive be better, or perhaps killing them and then setting their heart on fire and eating it? Dramatics seem to be important, after all.

"Oh, if you find any arm prosthetics bring them to me."
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 241