Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 241

Author Topic: The Infinite Heavens: More than one way to skin a cat.  (Read 334371 times)

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
Re: The Infinite Heavens: Amputee Voltron
« Reply #1740 on: January 01, 2016, 12:06:37 pm »

"I got something I think. Bought it offa limb broker out in the black wastes east of here. One whole arm, guaranteed functional, preserved and dexterous. "

"Booze? Shit, course I got booze. I got all sortsa booze. You wanna get drunk or you wanna wake up in a ditch with no pants and your arm around a pig? Cause I don't want you coming in expecting a buzz and getting a jet engine, ya follow?"

"Oooo boy, thats a beaut. What is that, conquering king make? Looks like living soul steel; blood driven right? I got some bullets for it, but not many. Those things is rare even in lands with his trade routes. Out here in the boonies, they're heirlooms, rarer than a sane wizard."

- That sound about right. We're getting that, I think. How do you attach it to a person?

- I'm not drinking, I'm just looking out for me mates, so give me something they could drink to have a good time, but without wrecking havoc around.

- Ye, got that far, far away from here. Saved my arse just recently. Takin' the bullets.

John turns to his comrades asks:

- You guys want anything else? This guy's got stuff.

Agreed on bullets and a hand so far. Continue negotiating booze. Inquire about maps of this region and surrounding ones, if available.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1741 on: January 01, 2016, 04:38:18 pm »

"Hmm."
Need a voice.
To clarify, this was directed at shitty redneck santa.
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1742 on: January 01, 2016, 04:43:44 pm »

It's because I'm not flying dirty, I suspect.

Nor do I intend to, sudden outbursts of violence on the part of my comrades or Gator Santa (or his gators) excepted.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 05:26:43 pm by Harry Baldman »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1743 on: January 01, 2016, 04:54:30 pm »

"What else do you have, besides possibly limbs? Any spell books or the like?"

Ask for wizard stuff. Redneck Alligator Santa surely has some wizard things, right? Perhaps a nice wizard hat?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1744 on: January 01, 2016, 05:55:47 pm »

"Did he say lots of booze?  Go for the sampler!"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1745 on: January 02, 2016, 04:38:59 am »

Inquire about any magical artifacts or products.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1746 on: January 04, 2016, 01:06:10 pm »

"I got something I think. Bought it offa limb broker out in the black wastes east of here. One whole arm, guaranteed functional, preserved and dexterous. "

"Booze? Shit, course I got booze. I got all sortsa booze. You wanna get drunk or you wanna wake up in a ditch with no pants and your arm around a pig? Cause I don't want you coming in expecting a buzz and getting a jet engine, ya follow?"

"Oooo boy, thats a beaut. What is that, conquering king make? Looks like living soul steel; blood driven right? I got some bullets for it, but not many. Those things is rare even in lands with his trade routes. Out here in the boonies, they're heirlooms, rarer than a sane wizard."

- That sound about right. We're getting that, I think. How do you attach it to a person?

- I'm not drinking, I'm just looking out for me mates, so give me something they could drink to have a good time, but without wrecking havoc around.

- Ye, got that far, far away from here. Saved my arse just recently. Takin' the bullets.

John turns to his comrades asks:

- You guys want anything else? This guy's got stuff.

Agreed on bullets and a hand so far. Continue negotiating booze. Inquire about maps of this region and surrounding ones, if available.
The Alligator man hands over what appears to literally be a human arm, neatly severed at the shoulder with the ball joint of the humerus partially exposed at the end. The arm is quite cold to the touch and feels almost as though it is coated in a thin layer of powder.  He then hands over two large ceramic jugs, both glazed with a rough brown substance, as well as several small glass bottles, and a small tin box of ornate bullets. In return he takes everything you've offered so far.

"I've got a few maps, though none of here. Got one of that place" He indicates the stormy wall of clouds, " And some of the areas up north though."

"Hmm."
Need a voice.
To clarify, this was directed at shitty redneck santa.
Are you telepathic? I think I remember something about that. Still, he'd have no idea where the voices in his head are coming from.

"What else do you have, besides possibly limbs? Any spell books or the like?"

Ask for wizard stuff. Redneck Alligator Santa surely has some wizard things, right? Perhaps a nice wizard hat?

"Wizard stuff? I got a big pointy hat if you're into that sort of thing, but if you're looking for a scroll of prismatic storm or something , ya gonna have to look elsewhere. "

Inquire about any magical artifacts or products.

"I got a few things, but I'm gonna need to see your trade first. No goods without the payment."

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1747 on: January 04, 2016, 01:23:30 pm »

((Also, I consider Hyenakles being down on earth talking to our redneck Santa.

Also also, since not specified otherwise, I assume the severed arm obtained matches Xan's lacking arm.))

- 'xcuse me, please, I'll leave you to my partner here for a couple of minutes.

Everything we offered so far, meaning the small batch of armor and weapons John brought down from the Warbeast, or our entire stock of weaponry?
John collects the goods traded and carefully transfers them up the beast, taking only as much as he can safely carry per one trip up the rope.
My question to Santa regarding arm attachment was left unanswered.
That done, he comes up to Xan with a severed arm:

- Now I don't know how it works, but let us try the first thing that comes to mind and just carefully press it against your shoulder.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2016, 10:12:56 am by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1748 on: January 04, 2016, 01:25:35 pm »

Sorry, not telepathic, I'm writing the message and handing it to him.
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1749 on: January 04, 2016, 06:09:30 pm »

"A new arm AND a wizard hat? Fortune has taken a turn for the better.
John, do we have anything he'd trade for the hat?"

Hat pls

Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1750 on: January 04, 2016, 06:12:57 pm »

John, do we have anything he'd trade for the hat?

((That depends on this: ))

((Everything we offered so far, meaning the small batch of armor and weapons John brought down from the Warbeast, or our entire stock of weaponry?))
Sigs

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1751 on: January 05, 2016, 09:10:20 am »

Dave kept looking down and eyeing the liquor hungrily.  This was all so different to him; taking a bit to sit back and watch was quite interesting to him.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1752 on: January 05, 2016, 10:11:05 am »

Here we have Mr. Bird, watching.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1753 on: January 06, 2016, 11:49:45 am »

((Also, I consider Hyenakles being down on earth talking to our redneck Santa.

Also also, since not specified otherwise, I assume the severed arm obtained matches Xan's lacking arm.))

- 'xcuse me, please, I'll leave you to my partner here for a couple of minutes.

Everything we offered so far, meaning the small batch of armor and weapons John brought down from the Warbeast, or our entire stock of weaponry?
John collects the goods traded and carefully transfers them up the beast, taking only as much as he can safely carry per one trip up the rope.
My question to Santa regarding arm attachment was left unanswered.
That done, he comes up to Xan with a severed arm:

- Now I don't know how it works, but let us try the first thing that comes to mind and just carefully press it against your shoulder.
Yeah, the stuff you brought down.

You transfer your stuff back up to the top of the beast.

You press the arm against the stump. The flesh of the new arm and xan's flesh flow like syrup and knit together, blending together. The flesh of the new arm remains pale but the limb seems to function just fine.

Here we have Mr. Bird, watching.
*STARE*

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1754 on: January 06, 2016, 11:55:08 am »

GRUMBLE GRUMBLE I WOULD LIKE TO INQUIRE ABOUT BUYING SOMETHING THAT WOULD ALLOW ME TO SPEAK
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 241