Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 241

Author Topic: The Infinite Heavens: More than one way to skin a cat.  (Read 334282 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: The Infinite Heavens: Amputee Voltron
« Reply #1890 on: January 29, 2016, 10:04:38 pm »

Xankarvo raises his eyebrows and snorts at the sight of the giant.

"And what battle were you in that wounded you so grievously?"

Talk to giant amputee. Cripple Empathy activate!
[6]
You climb to the head of the war beast and shout a few words down at the half living being. It doesn't seem to notice you. You purse your lips and stroke your chin with your slightly oversized  and quite pale fingers.  After a few seconds you turn to the Engine spirit.

"Hey, Wormy thing, You make this thing walk, correct?"

"I do."

"Can ya make it talk? Maybe sing?"

"I can try, though this being was meant to fight, not to speak."

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. You better warm up those...lungs? Does it have lungs? Hm....Ah, Stretch out that jaw because here comes my dictation!"

The war beast takes a deep breath, the air echoing in the deep recesses of it's unnatural chest, and then speaks. Its voice is a deep rockslide growl, thundering and so low that you can feel it in your bowels.

"Annngd whaagt Bahttle ere yoou in thgat woounded yoou sho greevoously?"

"My! That must have been some spicy weaponry that he ran afoul of."

Can I see traces of whatever it was that took off his lower body on the surrounding area? Say, scorch marks on the environment?
You look down on the body. Hmm. There's nothing on the ground that explains how this all happened, at least nothing that isn't overgrown. However, there is one thing: The building the thing is laying in looks a lot like the other toppled high rises except for the upper most edge. The other buildings look as though they have been snapped in half, broken like twigs, with a lip of crushed concrete and bent rebar at the edge. This one appears to have been melted or sliced through by something intensely hot. The concrete is blacked, pitted and almost foam-like in appearance while the rebar has melted and run, forming rusted bands and puddles wherever it flowed.

"Should we put it out of its misery?"

- Look at the size of it, then at the size of us. If it won't make a move, we will move on, business as usual. I think there isn't much of self-awareness left in it at this point anyway.

Full stop - examining the legless giant. Let Xan talk to the thing and give Harry and Dave time so scout around.
The giant has ruddy red skin, like freshly dug river clay, and it's flesh is oddly ridged and rippling like wet fabric draped over metal bands. The musculature is obvious, but the creature looks quite thin over all, unlike the muscled giant you ride.  Great veins and arteries curl and meander across the flesh, disgustingly large and pumping, and you could swear you see the contours of its viscera through the thin skin of its gut.   Its hands are palm up and the talons, each longer than you and still gleaming, knead empty air. The entire beast is still moving, slow but restless.

"Might as well look too!"

There's probably magical artifacts here for certain!  Look around.
[5]
You can't get down without help from either the war beast or someone else, but you can plant your little dino feets on the guard rail and peak over. You scan the area until you notice something. Down there, by the half living creature's left shoulder, is something that is producing light. It's intermittent and seemingly random but every now and again you catch a glimpse of a faint flicker of blue light.

Hyenakles: disembark the warbeast and begin feasting on the flesh of the still-living giant.

((You hush.))

Do we still have that monkey carcass? Eat some of that while Xan talks to the thingy.
You dig out the corpse of the monkey thing. It's starting to go a bit rotten. Perfect. You walk back out onto the deck and loudly crunch your way through the corpse, eating flesh and bone with equal vigor. The marrow is particularly tasty.

Wish I had a guitar.
You wish you had a guitar.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1891 on: January 29, 2016, 10:37:21 pm »

Wait for the beast to respond, sure in my communication abilities.

((And thus the reason why you should never have Xankarvo talk to someone. Cool we have a Scottish warbeast, though!))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1892 on: January 30, 2016, 12:51:43 am »

"I wish I had a guitar."
Sing something appropriate.
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1893 on: January 30, 2016, 01:09:33 am »

((And thus the reason why you should never have Xankarvo talk to someone. Cool we have a Scottish warbeast, though!))

((You guys need to get it a Kilt somehow.))

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #1894 on: January 30, 2016, 05:09:23 am »

Dave seems to have noticed something. Help him out in whatever exploration endeavours he has in mind, that is, help him from the warbeast should he want to leave.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1895 on: January 30, 2016, 05:48:03 am »

Mm. Consider the ballistics of the deployment of such a mighty weapon! The angle, the likely drop that the warbeast experienced - some sort of King Kong situation, perhaps?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1896 on: January 30, 2016, 09:38:58 am »

"Hey, there's something down there interesting.  Can I get a ride down?  I want to check it out."

Get help down?  If so, go pick it up and check it out.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1897 on: January 30, 2016, 03:59:13 pm »

Observe the warbeast discourse. Be glad that Dave doesn't have a guitar.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1898 on: February 01, 2016, 01:08:37 pm »

The creature goes still and then rocks its head slowly forward, out of the ruins of the building. It has no jaw, and its head isn't much more then a conical mass of bone with two bulging green eyes poking out of under it on short snail like stalks. It doesn't make any sounds, or even move beyond the slight raise of the head. It just stares.

"I wish I had a guitar."
Sing something appropriate.
"♪ I wish I had a guitar♪ "

Mm. Consider the ballistics of the deployment of such a mighty weapon! The angle, the likely drop that the warbeast experienced - some sort of King Kong situation, perhaps?
[1]
You think so hard that you pass out.

Insert bird brain joke here.

Observe the warbeast discourse. Be glad that Dave doesn't have a guitar.
This discourse is comprised of nothing but meaningful pauses!

Dave seems to have noticed something. Help him out in whatever exploration endeavours he has in mind, that is, help him from the warbeast should he want to leave.
"Hey, there's something down there interesting.  Can I get a ride down?  I want to check it out."

Get help down?  If so, go pick it up and check it out.
The warbeast lowers you down, carefully placing the both of you on the grassy, broken asphalt. You walk a few feet forward before noticing that the other beast is staring at you now. Staring directly at you with great intensity, like a child staring through a magnifying glass at an ant.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #1899 on: February 01, 2016, 01:20:06 pm »

- Now, Dave, what exactly did you see? This thing staring like that, it's rather unnerving, but it also makes me curious what is it that draws its attention like this. It paid no attention to a massive intruder like our warbeast, yet now, of all times, it made effort to move.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1900 on: February 01, 2016, 01:30:40 pm »

Listen carefully to the beast.
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1901 on: February 01, 2016, 03:05:09 pm »

"Hmm. What's a way to communicate with unresponsive beings?
Oh, there's that."

Get Wormy to make the warbeast sketch a picture of what we are. Can be crude if need be. Then point to the other beast.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1902 on: February 01, 2016, 07:01:35 pm »

>Dave: Approach at high speed and make friends! DINOSAUR SNUGGLE POWER ACTIVATE!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1903 on: February 01, 2016, 07:11:50 pm »

Yoink: Appear suddenly and give me a damn guitar. Also update that one RTD you were doing.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1904 on: February 01, 2016, 10:10:05 pm »

>Dave: Approach at high speed and make friends! DINOSAUR SNUGGLE POWER ACTIVATE!

((OH DEAR))

"So... why is it looking at me?"

Go sideways.  Is it tracking me or just looking in my direction.  Go the long way around if it's not tracking me.  Back up if it is.

"I saw some sort of flicker of blue light, over there by the shoulder.  Can someone distract it or something?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 241