Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 241

Author Topic: The Infinite Heavens: More than one way to skin a cat.  (Read 335965 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
Re: The Infinite Heavens: Amputee Voltron
« Reply #1875 on: January 27, 2016, 11:54:12 am »

Test if this skull can sing, baby.
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1876 on: January 27, 2016, 11:56:50 am »

((Making a molotov isn't wasting fuel at all. It still exists, it can still be drunk or used as fuel, just in a more readily weaponizable container.))
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #1877 on: January 27, 2016, 12:07:43 pm »

((Making a molotov isn't wasting fuel at all. It still exists, it can still be drunk or used as fuel, just in a more readily weaponizable container.))

((Well, when you put it like that I have to agree with you.
It's just that a proper Molotov also has some oil and other stuff in it to stick to the surface it is spilled on, and I thought of that first. But since we do the simplest variant with just gas, I suppose what you say is true.))
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1878 on: January 27, 2016, 12:10:59 pm »

"Eh fine."

Check the progress of my other arm. I know I got a replacement arm, but did my healing plant regrow my bones any in the other one? Eat another leaf just to be sure.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 12:24:28 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1879 on: January 27, 2016, 12:20:13 pm »

Dave wandered up behind John and poked him with his nose.  "So where to next, boss?"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1880 on: January 27, 2016, 12:26:56 pm »

"So where to next, boss?"

- I think we will go along these support pillars, they once held a road, and roads lead somewhere, typically. Maybe we'll get some more input to define our location in SuperHell along the way.

Walk the Warbeast along the support pillars of the elevated highway.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1881 on: January 27, 2016, 02:02:01 pm »

Test if this skull can sing, baby.
[5]
Turns out that it can! It sings with beauty that rivals the bewitching daughters of Achelous. At this point you're beginning to think that turning this wandering group of idiots into backup singers might not be such a bad idea.

"Eh fine."

Check the progress of my other arm. I know I got a replacement arm, but did my healing plant regrow my bones any in the other one? Eat another leaf just to be sure.
Your floppy arm remains floppy. It kinda itches and aches a bit but you haven't spontaneously regenerated the bones stolen from it.

"So where to next, boss?"

- I think we will go along these support pillars, they once held a road, and roads lead somewhere, typically. Maybe we'll get some more input to define our location in SuperHell along the way.

Walk the Warbeast along the support pillars of the elevated highway.
You walk over to the driver's chair and sit down. You don't bother to mess with any of the controls you just tell the Engine Spirit to follow the pillars. You resist the urge to say "Once around the park, Jeeves."

The pillars and their crumbling thoroughfare lead southwest. The ruined city continues as it was; stumps of high rises amidst clusters of trees and expansive fields of green. There are more giant creatures as well, in varying degrees of decay. Many are skeletal but a few are desiccated and mummified; dark red skin shriveled and raisin like where it peeks out between plates of rusted armor. Eventually, as you appear to be reaching the outskirts of the the city and heading into the suburbs, you find one that is still alive. It is easily twice the size of your warbeast, much taller and more humanoid in appearance, despite the elongated arms and oversized hands. It's laying, partially propped up, against the ruins of a building. Its head is lulled back, resting partially inside the structure, and you can hear its breath echoing within. It's talon tipped hands slowly flex every so often and its chest rises and falls with a metallic hiss. Its legs and most of its lower body are gone, and only a burnt and ashy stump remains here its hips used to be.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1882 on: January 27, 2016, 02:11:06 pm »

Dave regarded the broken thing below them.  "Should we put it out of its misery?"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1883 on: January 27, 2016, 02:29:35 pm »

Hyenakles: disembark the warbeast and begin feasting on the flesh of the still-living giant.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1884 on: January 27, 2016, 02:33:06 pm »

Xankarvo raises his eyebrows and snorts at the sight of the giant.

"And what battle were you in that wounded you so grievously?"

Talk to giant amputee. Cripple Empathy activate!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1885 on: January 27, 2016, 03:35:56 pm »

"My! That must have been some spicy weaponry that he ran afoul of."

Can I see traces of whatever it was that took off his lower body on the surrounding area? Say, scorch marks on the environment?

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1886 on: January 27, 2016, 03:37:28 pm »

"Should we put it out of its misery?"

- Look at the size of it, then at the size of us. If it won't make a move, we will move on, business as usual. I think there isn't much of self-awareness left in it at this point anyway.

Full stop - examining the legless giant. Let Xan talk to the thing and give Harry and Dave time so scout around.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 04:31:35 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1887 on: January 27, 2016, 03:41:35 pm »

"Might as well look too!"

There's probably magical artifacts here for certain!  Look around.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1888 on: January 27, 2016, 04:07:25 pm »

Hyenakles: disembark the warbeast and begin feasting on the flesh of the still-living giant.

((You hush.))

Do we still have that monkey carcass? Eat some of that while Xan talks to the thingy.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #1889 on: January 28, 2016, 05:37:43 pm »

Wish I had a guitar.
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 241