Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 241

Author Topic: The Infinite Heavens: More than one way to skin a cat.  (Read 334339 times)

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
Re: The Infinite Heavens: Rock the Boat
« Reply #2040 on: March 14, 2016, 09:11:01 pm »

"Shank!"

Charge into the metal man.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2041 on: March 17, 2016, 12:19:10 pm »

Excellent! Move to further distract the metal man while the others hopefully lay into him as hard as they can. Maybe disorient metal man sufficiently to make him plummet off the deck.
[6]
You fly down and slam straight into the metal man's face, wrapping yourself around his entire head. You cling to it as best you can with your wings and make rather suggestive squawking sounds.

Help with distracting Metal Man.  Perhaps I could get behind his legs and someone pushes him back over me so he trips and falls overboard.
[5]
You charge up behind the metal man and throw yourself against the back of his knees. He stumbles, flails and then falls flat on his ass while you scurry away.

Get free dammit and go on some amazing solo adventures!
[6]
You yank yourself free and proceed to fall from the top of the tree.
[2]
You slam straight down into the group and, as you would expect from a glass sphere, you get a big ass crack on the bottom and a large chunk of your glass shell falls off.  Your brain isn't hurt but it's a lot more exposed now.

Well thats the thing, your anatomy is weird. Human, you'd be dead. Very dead, even. But you have an engine instead of guts and those are a little more robust. Do you have a brain? Or are you like a golem where as long as the engine is running you're not dead? Cause you're mangled, but I'm not sure about the fatal nature of the mangling.

I'm going to go with a version where I get that golem deal - if the meaty bits are way too mushy to recover, the metal core within the chest and abdomen can be manually removed by a third party, lodged inside some other fleshy bits and sewn shut: then it will grow into it in a day or two, given there is fuel inside to do that.
Or at least that's how I envision it.

In that case you're alive, but your body is fucked so you're gonna be reliant on someone coming and picking you up and finding a new body for you in...a reasonable time span or you'll die.

"That also has potential. Now, who's next? Ah, the metal man! Well, fleshy or not, you're about to feel the burn!"

Since metal man is metal and plain sword strikes won't do too good on him, but neither will fire melt him, do both! Set sword/fishhook thing on fire and then set him on fire with it! Preferably remove some limbs. Maybe a left arm so I can get a better replacement, hmm?

((Hey, can't can the Xan))
[2]
You spit on the sword and attempt to light it on fire. It doesn't work. Uh. You attempt to hit him anyways but as it turns out, metal is hard to cut.

"Shank!"

Charge into the metal man.
[6]
You limp over and do  a body slam on the prone metal man.  It doesn't do any damage, except maybe to you. Metal is hard.

The room shakes and the war beast lurches forward. It seems to have freed itself.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2042 on: March 17, 2016, 12:47:20 pm »

"Fine then, stick to what I know.

BURN MOTHERFUCKER

Concentrated burnination! Make sure to set his torso/head on fire instead of his limbs that he could hit us with.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2043 on: March 17, 2016, 12:51:29 pm »

"Yeah!  Good job!"

Make sure no other enemies are coming.  Any ropes that might drag that need to be cut?  Dave's done all he can do against a metal dude.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #2044 on: March 17, 2016, 12:52:18 pm »

((I'm sort of out of action now. Pick me back up or pick me not, your choice.))
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2045 on: March 17, 2016, 12:53:09 pm »

"Ugh, bloody useless body. Life is fragile, but at least it's not bloody glass.
Is that you John? You don't look too good."

Hey, how big is John's engine? Could it fit inside of the glass orb, if I took the brain out?
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2046 on: March 17, 2016, 12:53:55 pm »

((I'm sort of out of action now. Pick me back up or pick me not, your choice.))

((I think there's a really nice body for you lying on the deck, if we can get the current occupant out.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2047 on: March 17, 2016, 12:57:42 pm »

Hey, how big is John's engine? Could it fit inside of the glass orb, if I took the brain out?

((Should be larger than a brain. It used to occupy entire chest cavity and abdomen.
Also, John should be visually very dead.))
« Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 01:00:02 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2048 on: March 17, 2016, 12:59:43 pm »

((You can put him inside the deer dude I beheaded.))
Sig! Onol

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2049 on: March 17, 2016, 01:02:31 pm »

((You can put him inside the deer dude I beheaded.))

((I sort of need an initially functional body to be disembowelled. And even if I don't, sure would be nice to still have eyes and ears.))
Sigs

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2050 on: March 17, 2016, 01:18:38 pm »

Fly up from the metal man and retreat to a safer distance while the others try and kill it.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2051 on: March 17, 2016, 02:24:21 pm »

Back away from the epicenter of burnination.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2052 on: March 19, 2016, 01:07:40 pm »

"Yeah!  Good job!"

Make sure no other enemies are coming.  Any ropes that might drag that need to be cut?  Dave's done all he can do against a metal dude.
You run back out onto the deck and look around. The war beast is leaning forward and clearly about to break into a full run. If you have any desire or inkling to save anyone whose fallen overboard, you'd better stop it now, lest it will leave them behind.

As per other ropes and dangerous things, the beast is still trailing at least one rope with creatures climbing up on it and there's one more critter thats struggling up onto deck right this instant. This one looks like a crabman of some sort, complete with massively oversized claw on one side and more reasonably sized claw on the other. Its body is semi-human shaped, but more rounded and flattened between two heavy shells. He has no visible head, but he does have a pair of eye stalks sticking out of about where a head and neck should be.

"Ugh, bloody useless body. Life is fragile, but at least it's not bloody glass.
Is that you John? You don't look too good."

Assume it's big enough to fill up the entire chest and abdominal cavity of your standard 6 foot tall human male.

Back away from the epicenter of burnination.
Fly up from the metal man and retreat to a safer distance while the others try and kill it.
You both leap away from the metal man.

"Fine then, stick to what I know.

BURN MOTHERFUCKER

Concentrated burnination! Make sure to set his torso/head on fire instead of his limbs that he could hit us with.
Question: How? Moltov? Or are you just trying to magic it? This makes a difference.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2053 on: March 19, 2016, 01:08:11 pm »

[5]
The fire you stared out of existence earlier reappears, but this time right on the metal man! He, however, does not seem terribly bothered by it. Perhaps because he is made of metal.

The metal man gets laboriously back on his feet and turns to face Xan, still wreathed in flame.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2016, 06:46:04 pm by piecewise »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2054 on: March 19, 2016, 01:14:58 pm »

Yes

by which I mean can I do both? No kill like overkill
Sig! Onol
Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 241