Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165] 166 167 ... 241

Author Topic: The Infinite Heavens: More than one way to skin a cat.  (Read 334375 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: The Infinite Heavens: Rock the Boat
« Reply #2460 on: June 30, 2016, 09:44:51 am »

Wander over to the mesa man and say the following:

"You said something about creatures. Why kind of creatures are we talking about?"
"They are flesh born of the river bank mud and the sun of morning. Their flesh is new each day; I cannot tell you their guise as I have not looked upon it this day. But they are usually furry, and about so tall." He holds his hand up to about stomach height.

Xankarvo briefly clenches his fists at the challenge to his power, a few sparks flying from his teeth as he clenches them, but he relaxes. He can awe them after he finds and steals what makes their power powerful.

"Tell me more about this 'voice of the people'. What is this balance you speak of?

Gain info about local magical customs.
"The voice is exactly as it sounds. We of the people may change the world with our speech if we all so will it. But we of the people rarely will it ourselves, this world is cruel as it should be, and we see little reason to change it.

Balance in injury. If you get a scar on one side of your body, you have to get one on the other, to balance. It must be the right scar too, not simply an identical one; that is not balance. It must be the right kind, delivered at the right moment by the right thing. Some will spend their whole lives searching for the right scar."

Might these totems be magical in nature? Might they be related to sound?
Look out for a snazzy hat to put on my skull. And find a more impressive hat to stick on Xankarvo's dome.
Also inquire as to if the Voice of the People can be carried.

They might be but it's kinda hard to tell. They're little metal men in a variety of contracted and scrunched up positions. They're also covered in sharp edges and spiky protrusions that make it quite hard for people with fleshy hands to hold them safely. As per related to sound, probably not.

You find a sort of beaded headband with upward facing spikes for yourself and a jade plate skull cap with radiating spikes of golden metal for xan.

"The voice of the people resides within us. But the proof of it, and the signal of its need may be carried."

"Voice of the people? I like the sound of that. I'll take it!"
Sebastian grabs a small brittle knife from the trade offering (he can manipulate things like those cats in internet videos do) and pokes through the rest for the thing called the voice of the people (pokes with his nose and whiskers, not with the knife)
You grab one of the knives and listen as the man explains the voice of the people to the to the others.

Wander over to the mesa man and say the following:

"You said something about creatures. Why kind of creatures are we talking about?"
"Yeah, are they strong? Strong hearts are best hearts!" Details
"Some are. Some are not. If you seek a strong heart, find the one which is largest."

Fly over the other mesas. Do they all look freshly inhabited, or are some abandoned?
Those that still have structures look, judging by the smoke from their homes and occasional people seen wandering around, inhabited.

The scarred man separates 25 nails from the pile of trade goods to show how much the items grabbed would cost.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2461 on: June 30, 2016, 10:01:31 am »

Same mutilated tribesmen on the other mesas? Observe from above. Can I perceive similarities or differences in their self-mutilation?

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2462 on: June 30, 2016, 03:01:54 pm »

"Yay! Gotta go hunting!"

Hunting for strong heart! Not like that one Tinman, no. Totally more violent way.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2463 on: July 01, 2016, 06:49:26 am »

Sebastian says this to the people.

"Ooooh .. that voice you guys have sounds nifty. Can we get an example of it? For instance, my friend the dinosaur over there, the one with the broken horn. Can you make him bigger? And mighty! And shiny! Hey, what kind of scar would be good for balancing that broken horn? Maybe we could hit him with a big hammer?"

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2464 on: July 01, 2016, 06:56:06 am »

Ask if The Voice Of The People could grant me sight.
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2465 on: July 01, 2016, 07:11:22 am »

"Wait, what?"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2466 on: July 01, 2016, 03:13:03 pm »

"I find this intriguing. What then qualifies someone as one of the people? Does it include only the members of your tribe, or everyone? And what have been some of the things you have done with it in the past?"
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2467 on: July 06, 2016, 11:55:55 am »

Same mutilated tribesmen on the other mesas? Observe from above. Can I perceive similarities or differences in their self-mutilation?
Yep, as far as you can see.

Well, each one seems to have his own mutilation. That woman there, she has one side of her body covered in piercings, hundreds maybe thousands of them. They make her skin sag to frightening degrees. And the other side of her has been tattooed with horizontal white and black lines.  A man on the next mesa has been horrifically scarred; like they sliced him open, let it heal half way and then sliced it again. Ridges of scar tissue several inches high run across his body like mountains on a topographical map.

"Yay! Gotta go hunting!"

Hunting for strong heart! Not like that one Tinman, no. Totally more violent way.
You get a lift off the mesa and start off toward the river valley the guy told you about. It's a bit of a walk, should take you an hour or two to reach it.

Ask if The Voice Of The People could grant me sight.
Sebastian says this to the people.

"Ooooh .. that voice you guys have sounds nifty. Can we get an example of it? For instance, my friend the dinosaur over there, the one with the broken horn. Can you make him bigger? And mighty! And shiny! Hey, what kind of scar would be good for balancing that broken horn? Maybe we could hit him with a big hammer?"

"The voice is powerful but what it causes will not last. It is not a torch; it is a lightning bolt."

"I find this intriguing. What then qualifies someone as one of the people? Does it include only the members of your tribe, or everyone? And what have been some of the things you have done with it in the past?"
"We are who use it, so it is our voice.  Perhaps anyone could.  We have faced siege by the forces of many. Even the would be king of all hells. But we have never fallen. The voice sees to that."

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2468 on: July 06, 2016, 12:49:50 pm »

Continuing foolishly alone towards hunting grounds.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2469 on: July 06, 2016, 01:00:59 pm »

"Your description of the voice intrigues me. I would learn it from your people, if I could."

Magic pls
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2470 on: July 06, 2016, 04:01:10 pm »

"Your description of the voice intrigues me. I would learn it from your people, if I could."

Magic pls
"Me too! Here, let me try!"

Sebastian Yowls in an attempt to summon the power of the voice, to bring down a lightning bolt nearby but not directly where anyone is.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2471 on: July 06, 2016, 10:16:41 pm »

Dave pokes around to see if there's anything he can use to tape his horn back on.  Failing that, maybe a cool necklace for it?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2472 on: July 06, 2016, 10:25:59 pm »

Loiter. Maybe use TK to take away things that my allies are misusing.
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2473 on: July 06, 2016, 11:07:49 pm »

Continuing foolishly alone towards hunting grounds.

Observe from a distance.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2474 on: July 07, 2016, 08:02:00 am »

Observe from a distance.

Observe from above.
Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165] 166 167 ... 241