Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 177 178 [179] 180 181 ... 241

Author Topic: The Infinite Heavens: More than one way to skin a cat.  (Read 334408 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
Re: The Infinite Heavens: Rock the Boat
« Reply #2670 on: October 18, 2016, 02:44:05 am »

And if you did kill the personified form of the lies that people tell about you, would everyone stop believing the lies?
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2671 on: October 18, 2016, 04:40:29 am »

"Right so, whiz-bang," Mr. Bird nods and briefly looks at the Most-Beautiful. "Fine day to you too, good chap."

Take off and continue keeping a lookout after report is made.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2672 on: October 21, 2016, 05:49:24 am »

Collect the rifle Hyenakles threw into the stream, assuming it's the same shallow one I'm in.
Then take it and the axe back to the Warbeast.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2673 on: October 21, 2016, 03:57:49 pm »

Collect the rifle Hyenakles threw into the stream, assuming it's the same shallow one I'm in.

He threw it with me attached. See my action above :P

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2674 on: October 23, 2016, 03:06:23 pm »

Sorry about a lack of posts recently. Midterms and ORO prep.

Sebastian shakes himself off, picks up the gun, and wades back out of the stream, carrying the gun to the warbeast, yelling "You dropped this! And me! We need all hands to fight the demon of the trees! Stand, brothers, Stand against the infection. Do not yield to the encroaching vegetative corruption! Stand and be free!" And then I will turn and fire the gun at the forest.
[1]
You Jump up out of the water and grab at the gun. But it slips out of your hands, falls to the ground and goes off, putting a bullet straight through your shin. You kind of just stare at the wound, dumbfounded. It doesn't even seem to hurt, your brain just can't process it.

"What?" You say, staring at the bleeding hole with knitted brows. You start to feel a dull ache and pressure in the wound, like someone has kicked you in the shin. You know immediately that this is gonna start hurting a hell of a lot really soon.

"That would make sense given the nature of universes back in the mortal realm," Xankarvo muses. "I swore a blood oath at one point or another in the past to find the place, and now I am the last member of that pact who has not died and reincarnated elsewhere. My followers accompany me on this quest for reasons of their own - safety in numbers for the most part. Tell me, are you interested in finding the origin point of these hells and heavens?"

Recruit a god perhaps?
"It is tempting, but this faith array of mine is part of a gambit I have been arranging for many years." He cocks his head. "One which may be coming to fruition soon, if I am not mistaken."

Greet the god. "Well, hello. I'm Dianne Lee. And you are....?"
"Names are unimportant" The god says, standing up from the pool, "My children call me the Most Beautiful. You may call me whatever you please."

Dave shrugged as best as his dino-shoulders allowed.  "Honestly?  I'm mostly along for the ride.  I really don't need you to do anything for me.  The most I would ask for is a drink; we have a little booze but it isn't much.  Nice place you have here, though!"

Small talk with divinity.
"Bounty is one of my domains." He says, seemingly disconnected from your question, and then says something. You can't understand it because of the language he used, but there's something immensely powerful about the way he said it. As though it reverberated across the entire desert and yet was no louder than a whisper.

"Now, so long as my children live, any fluid which passes your lips shall be fine alcohol when you swallow it."

"Oi! Hyena man! What is the current situation?"
Follow after Hyenaclese and yell at him. If he's not saying anything useful, go back to Xan.
"The situation is: I'm getting the fuck out of here, and you should too. Make sure to kick the possessed cat with one of your phantom limbs on your way up."

Climb up into the platform, and retrieve and load one of our spare rifles.
Hyenankles loads a new rifle while yelling to The floating glass ball.

"Warbeast! Destroy that forest! It's EVIL!" Command the warbeast to uproot trees. If it doesn't obey straight out, try figure out how to make it obey, namely pulling those control ropes randomly.
The Engine spirit doesn't exactly want to cooperate so you just start pulling ropes. You manage to get it to start walking forward, but thats about it.

Land near Xankarvo, de facto captain in that he's the only one with an actual coherent goal around here.

"Hello there! Just checking in to say that, well, there seems to be some sort of unnatural sunset glow happening out toward the horizon. I suspect something rather suspicious is coming this way!"
"Right so, whiz-bang," Mr. Bird nods and briefly looks at the Most-Beautiful. "Fine day to you too, good chap."

Take off and continue keeping a lookout after report is made.
Mr. sally two actions.

You tell Xan that something wicked this way comes and then head back into the sky to keep watch on it. It is growing larger in the distance, a sphere of reddish glow with a sort of trail of stormy clouds. It's either moving slowly or is still very far away. Hard to tell.

You grab the rifle, ignoring mr.shot-himself-in-the-shin, and take it and the ax back to the warbeast.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2675 on: October 23, 2016, 03:46:58 pm »

Whimper and yowl for attention, while holding my shin and trying not to bleed out.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2676 on: October 23, 2016, 05:50:38 pm »

"This intrigues me. Would you care to elucidate?"

Plans you say? Ask about this.

((Hey no need to worry piecewise, I'm still enjoying this immensely.))
« Last Edit: October 24, 2016, 04:06:44 am by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2677 on: October 23, 2016, 05:58:22 pm »

Ask some questions."So, what exactly do you do around here? As a god, what are you most good at?"
Dianne looks up at the god.
Ain't nobody got time for that.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2678 on: October 23, 2016, 06:43:13 pm »

Hyenakles gets the Engine Spirit's attention. "The cat's possessed, and there's some kind of weird glowy thing on the horizon. I think it's time to get going. Could you walk us over to the trees, and try to get everybody's attention?"

Ask above.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2679 on: October 23, 2016, 09:19:14 pm »

"Wha?  Really?  Wow, you are Most Beautiful!  Thanks!  Now, if you don't mind, I'm going to try it!"

Believe in the power of the Most Beautiful.  Go drink some water.  Probably a pretty big gulp, really.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2680 on: October 23, 2016, 11:40:37 pm »

Hyenakles gets the Engine Spirit's attention. "The cat's possessed, and there's some kind of weird glowy thing on the horizon. I think it's time to get going. Could you walk us over to the trees, and try to get everybody's attention?"

Ask above.

"I'm already walking it! Do not interrupt my revenge!"

Keep pulling the ropes, eventually I find right ones and uproot the forest!
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2681 on: October 24, 2016, 03:07:08 am »

Float back on over to Xankarvo. I know who I want to be near when magic shit goes down.

"So, I talked to the hyena, and he told me nothing of use at all. Except that I should strive to maim that cat thingy, which is probably a good idea anyway."

AMEND: After speaking with Xan, go back and tell any stragglers to regroup at the warbeast. Then go there myself.
If sufficient lift is possible, psionically airlift the cat with me back to the warbeast. No need to mind the wounded limb. If this is not possible, oh well. I'll get over it.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2016, 04:10:22 am by Egan_BW »
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2682 on: October 24, 2016, 03:19:52 am »

Float back on over to Xankarvo. I know who I want to be near when magic shit goes down.

"So, I talked to the hyena, and he told me nothing of use at all. Except that I should strive to maim that cat thingy, which is probably a good idea anyway."
"The thing is pathologically annoying, I'll admit. Did he say why to maim the cat? Hyenakles has a strong sense of self-preservation."
Sig! Onol

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2683 on: October 24, 2016, 03:23:13 am »

"No, that's why I say he wasn't helpful. 3/10, horrible service. He just ran away, back to the beast. Didn't say why, and I don't hear anything extremely dangerous..."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2684 on: October 24, 2016, 03:28:12 am »

"My gut is telling me something hazardous is coming, confirmed by Mr. Bird up there confirming there is something on the horizon. However, the Most-Beautiful evidently has anticipated this or something like it and is about to conclude a long-running gambit likely to do with faith manipulation; there may be benefits in staying for the moment to observe. For now I'm withholding my decision until he gives me an answer. What is your opinion? You are one of the few rational individuals present."
Sig! Onol
Pages: 1 ... 177 178 [179] 180 181 ... 241