Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 178 179 [180] 181 182 ... 241

Author Topic: The Infinite Heavens: More than one way to skin a cat.  (Read 336006 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
Re: The Infinite Heavens: Rock the Boat
« Reply #2685 on: October 24, 2016, 03:45:06 am »

"Just because Most-Beautiful has everything at hand doesn't make us safe. We don't want to get smooshed between two higher powers, do we?
Besides, most of you guys have those fancy "eye" things that let you watch things from a distance, yes? Let us make an exit and observe from a safer distance."
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2686 on: October 24, 2016, 03:55:05 am »

"Opinion duly noted, most likely a wise choice. I'll exchange last words with him and go. Notify any others that we're leaving if they still wish to accompany us."
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2687 on: October 24, 2016, 04:00:33 am »

"Will-do. I'll meet you at the beast."

Action amended.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2016, 04:03:06 am by Egan_BW »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2688 on: October 24, 2016, 04:05:21 am »

"KITTY!"
Dave grimaces with indecision, looking back at the injured cat from atop the warbeast.
On the one hand, he hated the idea of leaving his companion down there to suffer; on the other... something about such creatures had always given him the willies. Some kind of deep, ingrained ancestral memory that made him reluctant to trust them, no matter how cute and harmless they seemed.

Allow my desire to aid the cat to duke it out with my species' instinctual distrust of felines.
Depending on which impulse emerges victorious, either drop everything and rush back down there to carry the poor widdle kitty to safety, or curl up in a foetal position on the warbeast and cover my ears to block out the cat's piteous cries.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2689 on: October 26, 2016, 05:38:31 pm »

"This intrigues me. Would you care to elucidate?"

Plans you say? Ask about this.

((Hey no need to worry piecewise, I'm still enjoying this immensely.))
The Most Beautiful smiles in a distant way. "The last stand of a foolish man."

Whimper and yowl for attention, while holding my shin and trying not to bleed out.
You whimper and yowl for help until, through tear filled eyes, you notice that your blood is behaving oddly. It leaks from your leg and pools on the ground around your feet, and from that pool stretch streams with perfect square edges and hard angled geometry. The blood flows out in a jerking, unnatural way, forming a strange square-ish symbol around you. It even flows out and sits, unmoving, atop the flowing water of the stream.  As you watch, you feel your mouth moving automatically, like someone is shoving their fingers between your teeth and awkwardly working your jaw up and down.

Ask some questions."So, what exactly do you do around here? As a god, what are you most good at?"
Dianne looks up at the god.
He seems to ignore your question, instead focusing on the sky.

"Wha?  Really?  Wow, you are Most Beautiful!  Thanks!  Now, if you don't mind, I'm going to try it!"

Believe in the power of the Most Beautiful.  Go drink some water.  Probably a pretty big gulp, really.
You take a gulp of stream water. It kind of tastes like apple cider with a fairly heavy hit of alcohol. It's an odd sensation, because it's like the burn of the alcohol only hits once the fluid has been in your mouth for a second or two. Even the consistency of the fluid changes slightly. You wonder what caused it to become apple cider instead of straight vodka? Hmm.
"KITTY!"
Dave grimaces with indecision, looking back at the injured cat from atop the warbeast.
On the one hand, he hated the idea of leaving his companion down there to suffer; on the other... something about such creatures had always given him the willies. Some kind of deep, ingrained ancestral memory that made him reluctant to trust them, no matter how cute and harmless they seemed.

Allow my desire to aid the cat to duke it out with my species' instinctual distrust of felines.
Depending on which impulse emerges victorious, either drop everything and rush back down there to carry the poor widdle kitty to safety, or curl up in a foetal position on the warbeast and cover my ears to block out the cat's piteous cries.

You look over the railing of the warbeast and listen as the cat's yowling distorts and is replaced by an impossibly deep voice for the creature's size. It shouts, over and over, "GLORY TO THE CONQUERING KING! GLORY TO THE INFINITE EMPIRE!" as a horrible bloody sigil forms around its feet.

Hyenakles gets the Engine Spirit's attention. "The cat's possessed, and there's some kind of weird glowy thing on the horizon. I think it's time to get going. Could you walk us over to the trees, and try to get everybody's attention?"

Ask above.

"I'm already walking it! Do not interrupt my revenge!"

Keep pulling the ropes, eventually I find right ones and uproot the forest!
The Warbeast Lumbers forward a few steps and then, in direct opposition to your frantic rope pulling, turns and faces the sky. It stares at the glowing light in the distance and then drops to its knees.

"A chariot of Fire" The engine spirit mutters in disbelief. "The warbeast hears the call of its master. I cannot make it obey!"

Float back on over to Xankarvo. I know who I want to be near when magic shit goes down.

"So, I talked to the hyena, and he told me nothing of use at all. Except that I should strive to maim that cat thingy, which is probably a good idea anyway."

AMEND: After speaking with Xan, go back and tell any stragglers to regroup at the warbeast. Then go there myself.
If sufficient lift is possible, psionically airlift the cat with me back to the warbeast. No need to mind the wounded limb. If this is not possible, oh well. I'll get over it.

You float down towards the cat, but as you get closer the air itself gets heavier. You feel like you're straining to push yourself through molasses, and then through wet cement. You move via an exertion of your will; a will far greater than yours has condensed itself around the cat.

The Most Beautiful raises his hands  to the sky and speaks again, in the voice which echos through the entire world.

"It is time to sing, My children."

Above him, the glowing thing in the distance seems to close in ever faster, accelerating towards the oasis like a meteor skimming across the atmosphere and leaving behind a thunderstorm gash in its wake. Aurora boils out in all directions and the closer it gets, the brighter and move visible the burning core at the center of the traveling sunset becomes. It is a fallen star trailing limbs of white hot plasma, an ember falling from heaven.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: The Infinite Heavens: Lost gods and Unspoken histories
« Reply #2690 on: October 26, 2016, 07:06:02 pm »

Pull a sword - or a chainsaw - out of thin air and cut off my own leg. Resist the evil! I don't want to be absorbed by the Conquering King!

If I fail to pull a useful blade out of nothing, then use the gun and shoot the sigil instead.

dooooooooomed. Caught between an impossible tree and a burning bush in the sky.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2691 on: October 26, 2016, 07:31:55 pm »

After taking a moment to utter some hyenglic oaths, Hyenakles snaps at the warbeast engine spirit. "Then make it cover its ears, or something! Dammit, I don't want to die again today."

Take cover with the engine spirit.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2016, 08:47:43 pm by DoctorMcTaalik »

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2692 on: October 26, 2016, 08:20:53 pm »

Dianne panics. "THE HELL. I AIN'T DYING HERE."
Find somewhere to take cover.
Ain't nobody got time for that.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2693 on: October 26, 2016, 10:02:38 pm »

"Hey, thanks for this!  It's awesome!  But yeah I think it's time for me to go okay bye"

Yeah no, time to get back with the main part of the group and skedaddle.  Starting to get all sea monster up in here.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2694 on: October 26, 2016, 11:38:21 pm »

Xankarvo stares momentarily at him.

"Your people gave me a vessel to channel their voice. If you survive, and can inform me through it, let me know. Remember my name."

He turns away from the god.

"Everyone else, we're leaving! Now!"

Get out of the Most-Beautiful's place. Move with extreme haste.
Sig! Onol

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2695 on: October 26, 2016, 11:54:30 pm »

"Chariot of fire? Does it mean those evil trees will burn? Awesome!"

Cheer the chariot of fire! May it make the forest burn into ashes!
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2696 on: October 27, 2016, 12:11:59 am »

"All glory to my nonexistent ass."
I can sing, too.

Sing while telekinetically disrupting the symbol that's forming around the cat. Reform it into a symbol praising the great pyromancer Xan, and his journey to the first heaven.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 12:26:38 am by Egan_BW »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2697 on: October 27, 2016, 12:17:23 am »

((...wait a second. I know what's going on.

Ozarck's cat has somehow become a homing rod for the nuke or whatever it is that the Conquering King is firing at us. It's not him himself, but like a star or somesuch that he controls. I think.
So if the cat were to die, it wouldn't have anything to lock onto.
Theoretically.))
Sig! Onol

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2698 on: October 27, 2016, 12:27:31 am »

((Sorry, I don't do killing. I can try something else, though.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2699 on: October 27, 2016, 12:44:38 am »

((...huh. That might not really work seeing as how you apparently can't even move down there. But good of you to try!))
Sig! Onol
Pages: 1 ... 178 179 [180] 181 182 ... 241