Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 189 190 [191] 192 193 ... 241

Author Topic: The Infinite Heavens: More than one way to skin a cat.  (Read 334320 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: The Infinite Heavens: Lost gods and Unspoken histories
« Reply #2850 on: November 15, 2016, 10:04:19 pm »

"Hmm. Leave the singing to the pros, dear."

Sing an improved version of Diane's song.

((Here's a thought: if I continually appear a mindless automata, I might actually become that, thus dying permanently, without any respawning nonsense. If you think of this place as a hell, that might be a good thing.))
Trying to Hindu yourself and escape the wheel of reincarnation? Too bad you can't fool yourself into thinking you're a robot.

[2]
You decide that you don't need to prove anything to anyone.

"But...but...MY SPOTLIGHT! I WAS MEANT TO BE SOMETHING IN MOTOWN. NOW I'M HERE!"
Sob about how my fame is gone.
You cry and whine intolerably about the slings and arrows of fate and what might have been.  Most of those in attendance make some feeble attempt at telling you things aren't so bad. Hyenakles tells you to shut up.

"My thanks for the advice, though I do not intend to lock myself into a narrative guaranteed to end in my death. I'll keep that in mind.

If you don't mind, I'll walk with you; I have a proposition that may benefit the both of us a good deal, if you're interested."

Offer a deal... also check over my physical appearance. Did I get altered at all by the whole 'catch the explosion' thing?

"You may walk with me, if you wish."

You check your  body over a bit and find that that your hands, or at least the skin on your hands, has taken on a strange white appearance. You check your arms and the effect seems to go up to about the elbow. You think, if you're not mistaken, that your hands and arms might have been turned to asbestos.

Welp.

I'mma hop down and runhobble over to the group around the holy guy and bullshit.

Hey guys! I did it! I beat the evil trees! Who's the new guy? Hey, what's with the glass? Did any of you happen to see a leg around here? I kinda lost one somehow. Boy, I nbet it was that cat harem from space. Those ladies were H.O.T., hot.

((honestly, I'm a little surprised that I woke up when I did. Glad that coma wasn't as enduring as it could have been.))
You get the warbeast to plop you down near the group and then hobble straight in, talking non-stop. The guy with no arms kind of just grins at you.

"Hang on, I shall look!"

Search for some raw meat that nobody would miss.
Hmm I think there is some raw meat in the warbeast, right? Did that all get cooked after the warthog hunt?

"Your guess is as good as mine. I ran as soon as the weird possessions and shit started happening."

Talky
"Be on guard, things like that can't zero in on an area without a beacon. They must have connected to us somehow, and if they did it once, they can do it again."

Throw a bit of tantrum for my request being ignored and nibble finger of Most Beautiful.

Throw a big tantrum! Bite somebody!

"Notice me!"

Well you see, the most beautiful has no hands and only part of one arm right now, so nibbling a finger would be most difficult.

Instead you promptly bite him right on the foot. He cocks an eyebrow at you.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2851 on: November 15, 2016, 10:26:50 pm »

I tell the armless guy: It was the trees! That's how the evil gets you. the trees tried to eat you. But I was too quick for them. I totally kicked their asses. Bam! Right in the knotholes. They ate my leg He says sadly But it was worth it to rescue you and these guys too, from the arboreal abominations. Hey, there ... careful. Need a hand, man? Oh ... Uh ... I mean ... Hey, where are we going anyway? Hey, be careful around that dinosaur. Don't let his size fool you. he's actually really very big!

Attempt to convince everyone that Ao's character is larger than he is.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2016, 11:02:12 am by Ozarck »

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2852 on: November 15, 2016, 10:35:25 pm »

((I believe Hyenakles left a bunch of roasted meat down by his fire. Someone might want to grab it before the buzzards do. The other buzzards, I mean.))

"What do you mean, a beacon? Like a physical object?" Hyenakles growls. "Could an animal be a beacon?"

Say above. If he says yes to the last question, hoist Oz up by the tail and offer him to the Engine spirit. "This little shit look like a beacon to you?"

EDIT: Also, once everyone is on board, have the warbeast walked over to the scarred tribes, as Xan requested below.

« Last Edit: November 16, 2016, 08:12:39 am by DoctorMcTaalik »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2853 on: November 15, 2016, 10:38:56 pm »

"Did you know it kinda sounds like bacon when you say that? Because it kinda sounds like you're asking if the cat looks like bacon."
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2854 on: November 15, 2016, 11:52:39 pm »

"I'm hungry." Ryan explains while beaming innocence. "And I couldn't find the fire dude's heart."

Nibble his feets as long as I can, and gets on the warbeast.

I tell the armless guy: It was the trees! That's how the evil gets you. the trees tried to eat you. But I was too quick for them. I totally kicked their asses. Bam! Right in the knotholes. They ate my leg He says sadly But it was worth it to rescue you and these guys too, from the arboreal abominations. Hey, there ... careful. Need a hand, man? Oh ... Uh ... I mean ... Hey, where are we going anyway?

"Yes, those trees were evil ones. I wanted to burn them, but hyenaman said no."
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2855 on: November 16, 2016, 01:37:07 am »

Hmm. Interesting.
Xankarvo goes to walk with the Most-Beautiful.

"Hyenakles, I'm going to walk with the Most-Beautiful. Since John seems to have withdrawn into himself and my spherical friend here has decided to stay with me, I'll ask you to take the warbeast back to the tribes and meet us there. Alright?"

He then turns to the god, presumably as they start walking.

"Firstly, you mentioned you would have to make new plans in the wake of this assault? What I propose may help you and your people stay alive over the future. Right now your tribes seem to be mostly confined to one heaven, and while their focused faith gives them strength, their small populace does render them relatively vulnerable to being killed all at once, robbing you of their powerbase. If you convince some of them to come with me on my journey through the infinite heavens, I could help them find suitable places to settle, to grow your base of worship and spread them out so they're not all in one place to be taken out at once. I'd ask only a small favor in return, but first tell me if this is a thing you'd wish to do."

Give my part of the prospective deal: I take a bunch of tribespeople on the warbeast and help them settle the infinite heavens so all the MB's worshipers won't get wiped out at once if they're attacked again. That sound like something he'd want to do?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2856 on: November 16, 2016, 01:38:56 am »

Grab a bit of roast meat (close enough, I guess) and return to the Most-Beautiful with it. What's he going to do with it?

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2857 on: November 16, 2016, 08:10:42 am »

"Yeah, sure."

((Action edited.))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2858 on: November 16, 2016, 09:38:21 am »

Follow Xan, though quietly.
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2859 on: November 16, 2016, 11:00:27 am »

"I'm hungry." Ryan explains while beaming innocence. "And I couldn't find the fire dude's heart."

Nibble his feets as long as I can, and gets on the warbeast.

I tell the armless guy: It was the trees! That's how the evil gets you. the trees tried to eat you. But I was too quick for them. I totally kicked their asses. Bam! Right in the knotholes. They ate my leg He says sadly But it was worth it to rescue you and these guys too, from the arboreal abominations. Hey, there ... careful. Need a hand, man? Oh ... Uh ... I mean ... Hey, where are we going anyway?

"Yes, those trees were evil ones. I wanted to burn them, but hyenaman said no."

You were a valiant steed. We charged into battle together against the forest of darkness. It was glorious! You sacrificed a horn for the greater good, and I engaged in a battle of wits of the highest level. Together, we put on quite the show!

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2860 on: November 16, 2016, 12:56:52 pm »

"We did?"
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2861 on: November 16, 2016, 01:15:34 pm »

Of course! See the smoking crater? We stood, victorious, in the crater as the smoke slowly cleared, and joined up with these other valiant heroes, who did similar, though lesser, acts of glory. and now, we are off to celebrate, to spread the word, and to prepare for the sequel!"

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2862 on: November 16, 2016, 02:58:03 pm »

"I don't remember that but if you say so then it must be true. We are awesome!"
Old sigs.
Games.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2863 on: November 17, 2016, 12:49:57 am »

Drink some more water.  If I have a gift, it should be used!

((Ryan, Ao's character, is a deathclaw.  My character, Dave, is a dinosaur.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2864 on: November 17, 2016, 01:23:45 am »

Drink some more water.  If I have a gift, it should be used!

((Ryan, Ao's character, is a deathclaw.  My character, Dave, is a dinosaur.))
((I can never keep that straight. I can't tell half the time who is what))
Pages: 1 ... 189 190 [191] 192 193 ... 241