Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 199 200 [201] 202 203 ... 241

Author Topic: The Infinite Heavens: More than one way to skin a cat.  (Read 334389 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: The Infinite Heavens: Lost gods and Unspoken histories
« Reply #3000 on: January 03, 2017, 03:08:10 pm »

"I do have this cloak, and given how things have been proceeding I expect I'll be able to breathe fire at some point in the future."
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3001 on: January 03, 2017, 05:43:33 pm »

"Well, are there any particular goods you have in stock, such as makeup? A lady's gotta keep herself looking fresh."
Ain't nobody got time for that.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3002 on: January 03, 2017, 06:56:51 pm »

"Humanoid is good, but anything that has limbs and joints could work. Tentacles would take some getting used to, but that's half the fun of a new body, right? Hehehe.
I'll probably want something that looks impressive, and manufactured."

Talk.
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #3003 on: January 03, 2017, 07:15:11 pm »

Sebastian uses all his thoughtfulness, brain power, and curiousity to find a nice rich trade location for our visitor, pulling the information out of the aether - or out of a knowledge idol. Whichever. He then offers his 'insight' to his 'minion.' Saying

You are the best minion ever, Gatermate! I mean, the pickings for minions hereabouts are kinda slim, but my doinosaur and dragon thingy are pretty okay. And that one guy helped me not die that once, so that was cool, too. anyway, you might want to look over yonder, around [insert whatever information Sebastian pulls out of the universe]. Lot's of good trade that way, I hear. Watch your back, though. You know how this place is.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3004 on: January 03, 2017, 07:55:33 pm »

"Ah, I know! You could have one of this chap's claws - they're like depleted uranium they are, you can chop through anything with them! In fact, they might actually be depleted uranium, I've never quite checked."

"Failing that, an unspecified favor of your choosing to be performed at any time at any cost to me or my compatriots? I could spill a little blood, sign a proper contract and everything?"

And if that's not to his liking, can I find anything worth appropriating for a bargain? Such as perhaps some spare parts from John. Or his gun if nobody's claimed it. Or really anything at all, I'm a bird with no pockets, I don't have high standards for wealth.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3005 on: January 03, 2017, 11:49:04 pm »

"You can have this thing!"

I had this one cool wrist watch in my "pockets" when I joined this crew. Probably should still have it around somewhere. Santa can have it. And the biggest idol in sight.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3006 on: January 04, 2017, 09:58:52 am »

"Interested!  Except... uh.. guess I don't have anything to trade.  Unless you need a screwdriver?  Or maybe one of these explode crystals?"

Didn't we bring some spare explode crystals?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3007 on: January 05, 2017, 12:10:07 am »

"That's not quite what I had in mind... Perhaps I should explain. I lost someone very dear to me recently. I want to rescuer them from whatever pocket of this hell they ended up in."

Talky

Lost like died? Died while in hell? Or died out in meatspace and you wanna find'em here?

"I do have this cloak, and given how things have been proceeding I expect I'll be able to breathe fire at some point in the future."

Hmm. Well...Oh, I got these.   He digs through his bag and pulls out a clear bag of what look like silvery dominos.  These are...well I'm not sure what they're called. But they absorb energy and then, once they've had enough, they detonate in a rather amazing way. I was in a caravan that found them when we built a fire using some bigger ones as part of the fire pit.  Woo boy, Am I glad I left early. Them folks are glass now.

"Well, are there any particular goods you have in stock, such as makeup? A lady's gotta keep herself looking fresh."
I got a mask that changes appearance based on mood.

"Humanoid is good, but anything that has limbs and joints could work. Tentacles would take some getting used to, but that's half the fun of a new body, right? Hehehe.
I'll probably want something that looks impressive, and manufactured."

Talk.

Hmm, well son, I ain't got any of that on me, but there's a limb dealer that makes his living up around the...Ceramac? However you pronouce  that. That empire. If you go there and tell him that ya know me, he'll cut you a good deal.

Sebastian uses all his thoughtfulness, brain power, and curiousity to find a nice rich trade location for our visitor, pulling the information out of the aether - or out of a knowledge idol. Whichever. He then offers his 'insight' to his 'minion.' Saying

You are the best minion ever, Gatermate! I mean, the pickings for minions hereabouts are kinda slim, but my doinosaur and dragon thingy are pretty okay. And that one guy helped me not die that once, so that was cool, too. anyway, you might want to look over yonder, around [insert whatever information Sebastian pulls out of the universe]. Lot's of good trade that way, I hear. Watch your back, though. You know how this place is.
[2]

You give your speech and when the time comes to point at something, you point up. Straight at the warbeast's ass.

"Ah, I know! You could have one of this chap's claws - they're like depleted uranium they are, you can chop through anything with them! In fact, they might actually be depleted uranium, I've never quite checked."

"Failing that, an unspecified favor of your choosing to be performed at any time at any cost to me or my compatriots? I could spill a little blood, sign a proper contract and everything?"

And if that's not to his liking, can I find anything worth appropriating for a bargain? Such as perhaps some spare parts from John. Or his gun if nobody's claimed it. Or really anything at all, I'm a bird with no pockets, I don't have high standards for wealth.
"You can have this thing!"

I had this one cool wrist watch in my "pockets" when I joined this crew. Probably should still have it around somewhere. Santa can have it. And the biggest idol in sight.

If ya got that gun and bullets I'll give ya that plus something else. I got a collector that'd like it.

"Interested!  Except... uh.. guess I don't have anything to trade.  Unless you need a screwdriver?  Or maybe one of these explode crystals?"

Didn't we bring some spare explode crystals?
Hm. I got a better one for ya. You swish some water in that snoot of yours and then spit it out for me. If it is booze, as ya say, I'll trade ya the gummies for a few barrels of your finest...Well its not moonshine...AH! I got it!  Spitshine! HA!

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3008 on: January 05, 2017, 12:58:43 am »

"No, not in meatspace. She was lost recently, in the chaos of battle- whether she actually died, I can't say for certain. Either way, she's bound to be around here somewhere, in some form, right?"

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #3009 on: January 05, 2017, 01:01:11 am »

((I don't see how that result could posibly come from any roll but a 5.))
Welp. Have fun!

Sebastian pokes around for interesting idols, and attempts to probe the secrets of the beings they represent. He is interested in power levels, for one. How strong of a minion would he be able to call forth from an idol the size of a grain of sand, or a small pebble, or a four foot snakethrone.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3010 on: January 05, 2017, 04:44:30 am »

"One moment, please!"

See if John's gun can be found anywhere around here as well as any bullets it had. If yes, steal it and trade it in for the corpus jar plus something extra.

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3011 on: January 05, 2017, 05:59:47 am »

Dianne looks thoughtful about the mask, tapping her head.
"Hmm, interesting. Could you show me the mask, please?"
Ask if I could actually go and see the mask.
Ain't nobody got time for that.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3012 on: January 05, 2017, 11:34:46 am »

"You got it.  Let's try."

Cooperate with his plan.  Also take a swig or two while at it.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3013 on: January 05, 2017, 03:20:33 pm »

"One moment, please!"

See if John's gun can be found anywhere around here as well as any bullets it had. If yes, steal it and trade it in for the corpus jar plus something extra.

"I don't have guns yet!"

Help the birdie at his gun looking task. Failing at that, find biggest idol I can carry and offer it instead.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #3014 on: January 05, 2017, 05:49:25 pm »

"What would you want in exchange?"
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 199 200 [201] 202 203 ... 241