Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 216 217 [218] 219 220 ... 241

Author Topic: The Infinite Heavens: More than one way to skin a cat.  (Read 336021 times)

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
Re: The Infinite Heavens: More than one way to skin a cat.
« Reply #3255 on: February 20, 2017, 04:27:58 am »

Help perform. Nothing is better than being in front of an adoring audience!
Ain't nobody got time for that.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3256 on: February 20, 2017, 12:01:14 pm »

Now, at last, we have an audience. You, Fire guy! Make with the flames and put on a show, will ya? These people look starved for entertainment. let's impress 'em. Someone put on some music! Something with a beat! Ryan! Dave! You two are the biggest ones here. Come up and wave for the nice people. That'll impress them for sure!

Sebastian encourages the crew to put on a performance for the people, hyping their various stats - especiallly Dave and Ryan's size, what's 'er name's musical talent, Xan's flashiness, and the Bird and Orb's aerial acrobatics. Meanwhile, he continues his schtick for the audience, telling the Tale of the Evil Forest, the Epic duel of the Angry Fire Wizard and the Summoner of Calming Waters (at which point he preens a bit), and the many mighty beings he has brought forth to enrich the world with their unique talents and passions.

Fake Edit: You know, the usual bullshit.

"Seventy Five golden camels! Fabulous, Joan! Love the Camels!"
[1] Hmm. [4]

You leap up onto the guard rail around the deck and get about halfway through your first self promoting sentence before you slip and fall straight off. You luckily fall backwards and land painfully on the deck rather than forward and land fatally on the ground 100 feet below.

"No."

Head down from the warbeast and approach the people. Ask if they have a leader of any kind, and if they do I'd like to speak to them.

Spoiler: Xankarvo (click to show/hide)
[6]
You get lowered down to the surface and begin shouting for the people to bring forth their leader, so that you may either parlay or wrestle him into submission. The heads in the windows continue to stare, but something moves from deep within the structure. Something big.

You talking about Xan, or yourself?

Pop my mind-bullet-pill into the mouth of my talking skull, just in case that works.
Also follow Xanny.

You head to the ground along with Xan.

Dave knew an opportunity when he saw one.

Feats of strength, go!
[4]
You find a big piece of heavy wood and drag it out onto the deck. As casually and easily as possible, you lift it up and down with your head to show how strong you are. It's hard to tell how they feel about it, but you don't feel as tired as you expected to once you set it down.

Does the skullfruit look edible and ripe? If yes, pick it with my beak and see if it's any good.

If not, climb up to a high place and survey the area for now.

[2]
You're not really sure. Oh well, a little longer won't hurt.

You climb up to the top of the blown out crew quarters and look around. From your lofty position you can see several of the stones at the base of this mountain-tower begining to shift, forming a doorway. You don't think the other people on the ground can see it, its too far along the curve of the structure to be visible to them.

Ryan! Dave! You two are the biggest ones here.

Be offended. Glare at Cat. Glare at Xan. Follow Xan anyway. Try to look intimidating. Keep an eye out for things that need shooting and/or running away from.

Fakeedit: You know, the usual bullshit.

[2]
You slouch off and follow xan but can't work up the effort to be intimidating. Mostly you just hang around in the back, scratching your ears and yawning expansively.

Help perform. Nothing is better than being in front of an adoring audience!
[3]
After the cat falls down you attempt to do a dance to draw attention away from his failure. Its...kind of successful.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3257 on: February 20, 2017, 02:47:29 pm »

Upon request Ryan hobbles on visible spot on the warbeast and shouts with his adorable voice:

"Hello people! I'm hungry!"

Hey!
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3258 on: February 20, 2017, 02:50:56 pm »

"That would be the mount king. You sure this is a good idea, Xanno?"
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #3259 on: February 20, 2017, 04:07:18 pm »

Hmm. Since this thing is so very big, perhaps I should back up a bit to give it room.

And by a bit, I mean a moderate distance, enough that I can quickly get back to the warbeast if need be. Then wait for the mount king to emerge.

"Yes. It's not like I'm showing up here to attempt to usurp them or somesuch. Just speaking to this King is enough."
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3260 on: February 20, 2017, 04:39:41 pm »

"Yeah, but he might want to eat you."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #3261 on: February 20, 2017, 04:54:00 pm »

"Then I murder it and claim lordship over its people. Or make a retreat if absolutely necessary. I have weapons.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #3262 on: February 20, 2017, 05:58:55 pm »

Sebastian whips out an electric keyboard and begins playing for [wipeout's character] to dance to. as he starts playing, he loudly proclaims Dave's feats of strenght, Ryan's ravenous appetite, and [wipeout's character's] musical prowess. Heck, even if he fails ot whip out a keyboard from nowhere, he still proclaims these things regarding his fellow travelers.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3263 on: February 20, 2017, 09:04:06 pm »

Enough showing off; don't want to look like a douche.  Let's observe for now.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3264 on: February 20, 2017, 10:33:21 pm »

Hover over Xannette's shoulder and hum a suitably fiery tune.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3265 on: February 21, 2017, 01:06:59 am »

Also back off.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3266 on: February 21, 2017, 06:40:24 am »

Stand atop my lofty perch and eagerly await Xan getting rekt by the natives. Strike an impressive bird pose.

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3267 on: February 22, 2017, 06:25:45 am »

"I AM DIONNE. ADORE ME!"
Continue performing.
Ain't nobody got time for that.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3268 on: February 24, 2017, 01:16:11 pm »

Upon request Ryan hobbles on visible spot on the warbeast and shouts with his adorable voice:

"Hello people! I'm hungry!"

Hey!
[6]
You leap up onto the railing, which is quite impressive with the broken leg not gonna lie, and scream "I AM HUNGRY! BRING ME YOUR HEARTS OR I WILL COME AND TAKE THEM MYSELF!"

Hmm. Since this thing is so very big, perhaps I should back up a bit to give it room.

And by a bit, I mean a moderate distance, enough that I can quickly get back to the warbeast if need be. Then wait for the mount king to emerge.

"Yes. It's not like I'm showing up here to attempt to usurp them or somesuch. Just speaking to this King is enough."
Hover over Xannette's shoulder and hum a suitably fiery tune.
Also back off.
Part of the mountain folds open, bricks curling back as though there are hinges between them, an enormous human arm, from shoulder to hand, reaches out of the hole. And enormous, well, that really doesn't even begin to describe it. The thing is big enough to grab the war beast like you might grab a hamster. It looms up in front of you like a cobra, fingers spread and flexing. As you watch, its palm splits and a single giant eye emerges wetly from the gash. It stares at you, blankly.

"I AM DIONNE. ADORE ME!"
Continue performing.
[6]
In spite of it all, you continue dancing. Dancing like a mad woman. All you need is a chair and a bucket of water to pull down on yourself.

Stand atop my lofty perch and eagerly await Xan getting rekt by the natives. Strike an impressive bird pose.
Enough showing off; don't want to look like a douche.  Let's observe for now.

I think the proper reaction here is "Oh heck."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3269 on: February 24, 2017, 01:27:00 pm »

"Hahahah! Well played, ye giant bastard, well played!"

Step forth and look the mountain in the eye.

"I say! Would you be this Mount King we've been told about, or just one of his brawnier servants? You wear the mountain well in either case!"

Try to establish communication with the large fellow.
Pages: 1 ... 216 217 [218] 219 220 ... 241