Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 232 233 [234] 235 236 ... 241

Author Topic: The Infinite Heavens: More than one way to skin a cat.  (Read 334377 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
Re: The Infinite Heavens: More than one way to skin a cat.
« Reply #3495 on: April 07, 2017, 06:37:45 pm »

Range is about as far as a standard RTS unit can see.
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #3496 on: April 07, 2017, 10:29:11 pm »

Say
You are hilarious! You and I are two sides to one coin. I wish you and I could be together forever.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3497 on: April 09, 2017, 11:07:38 pm »

((So who's where again? I know I'm with Xan and warbeast, but that's about it.))

Edge of the idol henge, currently.

Grab the carcass, and then follow Mr. Bird down into the mine.
By that I meant take shelter in the old mine entrance.
You both scamper into the mine. The first 30 or so feet of the mine is a shallow tunnel, and the stone here is eaten away like swiss cheese; apparently by the sunlight. Each time you pass under a hole, it feels like someone putting a lit cigarette out on your skin, and burns just the same. You sprint into the darkness until you reach a point where the sun is no longer shining in and you can catch your breath. There's a cut stone stairway down from here but...its very dark. Going into total cave darkness might be a poor idea. But there might be lit areas ahead? Hard to say.
Well, we're in Idol Henge right now, so just head south-southwest until we get to that intersection between the fogwalls of here, Deep Woods, and the Divine Wastes. Then go into the Deep Woods to harvest a few trees.
Fair.
When you enter the woods, you are confronted with something a bit odd. The area is quite flat on first glance, with no trees or anything in sight; just a green field.. But when you look down you see that, about 100 feet past the edge of this hell, are the first signs of green. Tiny saplings. And from that point, the ground begins to slope downward, at the same rate the trees get taller. 150 feet from the edge, the trees are about 6 feet tall and the ground is 6 feet lower than it is around the edge. And this trend continues; the trees grow ever taller but the ground slopes downward beneath them such that the top of the canopy of every tree reaches exactly the same height: level with the ground around the edge of this sunken forest. It is a lake of trees.

Well, we're in Idol Henge right now, so just head south-southwest until we get to that intersection between the fogwalls of here, Deep Woods, and the Divine Wastes. Then go into the Deep Woods to harvest a few trees.

Sure

For some reason I can not stop imagining you as a freaking stegosaurus

Cretaceous ceratopsian, not Jurassic stegosaurid.
I know I know but for some reason I see Stegosaurus in my head. Just like I always saw Milno as a gruff old man.

Say
You are hilarious! You and I are two sides to one coin. I wish you and I could be together forever.
[3]
"GAHH YOU IDIOT YOU HAVE TO BE MORE SPECIFIC!" The monkey screams, before he ends up fused to your hip where your leg used to be. Well, his upper half at least. You're now a kind of weird Cat-Monkey. Like a chinese knockoff catdog.

Range is about as far as a standard RTS unit can see.
In that case you're gonna be floating forward for a while before suddenly hearing someone scream "HALT!" and several small explosions as they fire warning shots very near where your feet would be if you had any.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3498 on: April 09, 2017, 11:51:58 pm »

"Very rude. Stop shooting at a blind woman's invisible feet and identify yourself."
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3499 on: April 10, 2017, 12:11:54 am »

"Whoah, that looks like it could burn really well! Let's go swimming!"

Go swimming in tree lake! See if there's tree fishes around!
« Last Edit: April 10, 2017, 01:00:37 pm by AoshimaMichio »
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3500 on: April 10, 2017, 03:29:28 am »

"Ah, so it's either anonymous darkness or coming up with some kind of parasol solution for us, it seems."

Does Hyenakles' assorted carrion have any, say, large chunks of skin on it? Anything big enough to make a parasol with some doing?

Failing that, anything dry enough in it that'll burn?
« Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 06:14:02 am by Harry Baldman »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #3501 on: April 10, 2017, 04:04:57 am »

"Oh, I get it. 'Deep' woods. Witty of whoever made that map. Engine spirit, since we have a variety of lumber to harvest here, inform me of the sizes of trees that would be most optimal to rebuild the warbeast structures. Followers of the Most Beautiful, do you know of any dangers or anomalies present in these woods?"

Gather info juuuuust in case.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #3502 on: April 10, 2017, 07:24:28 am »

Say:
"What do you mean? This is pretty awesome! Hey, how many limbs do we have altogether now? Now that we are one, do I have your wish powers? What should we wish for next?"

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3503 on: April 10, 2017, 12:25:28 pm »

So how do those saplings at the edge taste?  Don't actually walk in; that would be silly.

((Fair: Milno is a gruff old man in a younger man's body))
« Last Edit: April 10, 2017, 12:27:19 pm by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3504 on: April 10, 2017, 08:57:06 pm »

"I have this cloak, so I should be fine. It might be worth exploring these tunnels a bit... although then again, there's a decent chance we'll encounter this hell's eponymous cult if we do so."

Contemplating options. By the way, does the carcass appear to have any limbs or longer bones left?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3505 on: April 11, 2017, 06:14:50 am »

"Oh, so you do! Splendid!"

Look around outside. Any bones laying around that might be good to fix the cloak up as proper cover?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3506 on: April 11, 2017, 06:52:02 pm »

"Very rude. Stop shooting at a blind woman's invisible feet and identify yourself."
"IDENTIFY YOURSELF OR WE WILL SHOOT AGAIN!" shouts...someone? This limited eyesight thing sucks.

"Whoah, that looks like it could burn really well! Let's go swimming!"

Go swimming in tree lake! See if there's tree fishes around!
You run into the woods. You go about 200 meters in before the overhead canopy starts to block out the sun to a significant degree. You don't see any fishies, but at this depth you're starting to see some birds that are about the size of a small dog.

"Oh, I get it. 'Deep' woods. Witty of whoever made that map. Engine spirit, since we have a variety of lumber to harvest here, inform me of the sizes of trees that would be most optimal to rebuild the warbeast structures. Followers of the Most Beautiful, do you know of any dangers or anomalies present in these woods?"

Gather info juuuuust in case.
"I'm not a carpenter. I can only regrow the beast's flesh, not the buildings atop it."

The cultists don't really know much about this place other than to tell you that going deep into the woods is probably a poor idea.

Say:
"What do you mean? This is pretty awesome! Hey, how many limbs do we have altogether now? Now that we are one, do I have your wish powers? What should we wish for next?"
"YOU'RE GONNA WISH  YOU DIDN'T HAVE A NECK. ON ACCOUNT OF HOW HARD I'M GONNA WRING IT!"

So how do those saplings at the edge taste?  Don't actually walk in; that would be silly.

((Fair: Milno is a gruff old man in a younger man's body))
Hmm. They taste alright. They have a good amount of moisture in them so you're getting wood with an undertone of bourbon.

"Oh, so you do! Splendid!"

Look around outside. Any bones laying around that might be good to fix the cloak up as proper cover?
"I have this cloak, so I should be fine. It might be worth exploring these tunnels a bit... although then again, there's a decent chance we'll encounter this hell's eponymous cult if we do so."

Contemplating options. By the way, does the carcass appear to have any limbs or longer bones left?
The corpse you have has two whole femurs for you, plus a few other long bones.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3507 on: April 11, 2017, 07:07:54 pm »

"Hey!  These trees aren't bad!  You should eat some too!"

Eat my fill.  Again, don't go deep.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3508 on: April 11, 2017, 10:53:34 pm »

This is lake. Only fishes live in lakes. Therefore those birds are fishes. Hunt some feathery fish and return to Xan.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3509 on: April 11, 2017, 11:05:33 pm »

Uh, "someone"? It's not limited vision, it's very damn good hearing. This someone is making sound, so I should be able to tell a little bit more about them than that they're "someone".

"Honestly, most of who I am you can tell by looking at me. With your eyes. I'm a glass sphere and a skull, I can fly, and I CAN YELL REALLY FUCKING LOUD. I'm lifeborn, I have no affiliation with any political group, I traveled with a group of lifeborn for awhile. Now will you fucking stop shooting at me? It's annoying."
Pages: 1 ... 232 233 [234] 235 236 ... 241