Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

DDKDJAJJGS?

ATTGREAGR!
How do I delete polls?
fghyfgjyugfk

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 31

Author Topic: Civcraft Thread Mk II Dusk of the empire [Check OP for link to new one]  (Read 47456 times)

Bob_Namg

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cream of your Crop
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft: Dwarven Stronghold MkII - Dawn of Tygura
« Reply #165 on: August 08, 2015, 11:26:17 pm »

To TGGov, or TGPub?
TGPub for anything that isn't government.
Like the storeroom, all chests should be locked to TGpub. Diamond stores and the eventual vault will be TGGov reinforced.
Adam Sandler.

HooliganintheFort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: August 09, 2015, 12:04:03 am »

I can confirm that Tygura sits on a MASSIVE diamond vein, and when I mean massive I mean that I found 10 diamond ore blocks very, very close to each other. We should start strip mining the area soon.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: August 09, 2015, 06:53:42 am »

You probably found the center, you should start fro there and fan out as you'll get diminishing returns as you get further. 
The Eden/nox/Mir/HKE/Chanada/gna/??? Situation is terribly complicated and pretty stupid really.  There's several large power blocks and alliance chains which have conflicting interests and generally fall apart as elements realise they can't support all their allies at once.   
I think the GNA collapsed because half of them supported gensokyo and half of them supported mt Augusta, nox and Eden are supposedly the same old HCF vs world police story, but both of those sides had members on both sides of the recent fighting there. Chanada is very stable, I believe because it's not a bunch of seperAte states with various history and conflicts, randomly worded treaties, predujices and etc. Instead you've got a loose federation of shared ideology ( all being channers pretty much) but no stiff central government forcing obscure, or outright draconian policies onto the member states.   
Some people worry about a world war breaking out, and there has seemed to be large groups picking verbal support of one of two sides, but when it comes down to actual war the majority of states seen to be picking neutrality. 
I think because the cost of war is significant and though people like role playing states at conflict with each other, when it all boils down what people want is to just be left alone in a group of friends with similar goals.   
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: August 09, 2015, 07:01:44 am »

ptw and maybe join.  Seems interesting but I'd need to be caught up on politics so much as far as I can tell that I'm not sure I have the brain power for that lately.
Nom nom nom

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: August 09, 2015, 07:19:34 am »

You shouldn't really worry about the politics, things are pretty stable for any state that doesn't stir shit, you guys are pretty safe to just build a nice town. I look forward to seeing this hive complex zan has constructed too. Btw someone posted an image of chanadian land claims on the reddit, it seemed that the guy got in trouble for leaking it or something, but it does seem to recognise the borders of my new state of Commonwealth of Kaiserin Reich, we have good relations with Chanada though, or at last I do personally, and hope in the future we'll be good neighbours, like we are on a smaller level with Epicus, never where, Titan etc.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Bob_Namg

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cream of your Crop
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: August 09, 2015, 12:08:52 pm »

Negotiations have failed utterly, so Chanada and Mir are at war. We're just going to kick them out now, no reason to cow-tow to people that never respected our land claims in the first place.
You probably found the center, you should start fro there and fan out as you'll get diminishing returns as you get further. 
The Eden/nox/Mir/HKE/Chanada/gna/??? Situation is terribly complicated and pretty stupid really.  There's several large power blocks and alliance chains which have conflicting interests and generally fall apart as elements realise they can't support all their allies at once.   
I think the GNA collapsed because half of them supported gensokyo and half of them supported mt Augusta, nox and Eden are supposedly the same old HCF vs world police story, but both of those sides had members on both sides of the recent fighting there. Chanada is very stable, I believe because it's not a bunch of seperAte states with various history and conflicts, randomly worded treaties, predujices and etc. Instead you've got a loose federation of shared ideology ( all being channers pretty much) but no stiff central government forcing obscure, or outright draconian policies onto the member states.   
Some people worry about a world war breaking out, and there has seemed to be large groups picking verbal support of one of two sides, but when it comes down to actual war the majority of states seen to be picking neutrality. 
I think because the cost of war is significant and though people like role playing states at conflict with each other, when it all boils down what people want is to just be left alone in a group of friends with similar goals.   
Honestly it's just like RL lol
Not sure what's with people complaining we have too large land claims. We might be bringing on a shitload of new board towns, the only fears I could ever have about this is possible civil wars over 'which pepe is rarer' or over 'whether /lit/'s mein kampfe thread ban should be lifted'. But other than that we're pretty solid.
I mean someone could have argued FAGT was too big back when Dumathoin was alive, but there were certainly plenty of states out there.
ptw and maybe join.  Seems interesting but I'd need to be caught up on politics so much as far as I can tell that I'm not sure I have the brain power for that lately.
Politics on Civcraft aren't too complex, you can pick it up bretty quickly. I'd suggest getting on the Mumble and asking the /pol/ or /k/ dudes about the server's history and plugins, they can fill you in.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2015, 12:16:06 pm by Bob_Namg »
Adam Sandler.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: August 09, 2015, 12:19:47 pm »

Ok than, I'll do that when I get a chance.  For reference are you still all calling yourselves Tygura?
Nom nom nom

Bob_Namg

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cream of your Crop
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: August 09, 2015, 02:22:33 pm »

Shit guys I got released by Lysika, they've probably rethought their decision to aggravate a conflict with so many people lol.
Ok than, I'll do that when I get a chance.  For reference are you still all calling yourselves Tygura?
Yes, Tyguria, Tygura, Tygrus; not sure what the name is between those two but whatever. If you get on and you're close enough go to 500 7500 (Volkstadt) and people will direct you to Tyguria
Adam Sandler.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: August 09, 2015, 03:04:51 pm »

Built up a large expansion of the general storage to replace the former potential temple, as the actual location of it is being built below the old 'Tomb of Armok'.  Kenny removed the library to rebuild it, but doesn't want to waste the glass, and thus wants to use a silk touch on it, so that's still there.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Bob_Namg

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cream of your Crop
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: August 09, 2015, 03:30:14 pm »

Built up a large expansion of the general storage to replace the former potential temple, as the actual location of it is being built below the old 'Tomb of Armok'.  Kenny removed the library to rebuild it, but doesn't want to waste the glass, and thus wants to use a silk touch on it, so that's still there.
Don't know if ST works on glass
Adam Sandler.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: August 09, 2015, 06:39:29 pm »

It does. Want me to come on and ST stuffs?
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Bob_Namg

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cream of your Crop
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: August 09, 2015, 08:10:48 pm »

It does. Want me to come on and ST stuffs?
Feel free to.
Adam Sandler.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: August 09, 2015, 09:20:42 pm »

If you guys have a working gold farm use gold ST for glass to save repairs on your valuable D picks. Also, gold ST for; harvesting whole melons, harvesting leaf or grass blocks.
The gold price should crash again once people have modified their farms to be efficient for the new 'rules' I think you just need to kill the pigs Quickly and ensure there's not more than 8 at a time in once place chunk or else they stop spawning.   
Good to see you got released.
Btw, the inhospitable southern FAGT ice wastes are a little less hostile now, they just patched realistic biomes to allow spruce growth in tiaga and ice mountains again.

Bob_Namg

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cream of your Crop
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: August 11, 2015, 02:54:57 pm »

We declared war on Mir and fucked their shit. They're done. If any Mir dudes suicide grief Tyguria log before they can hit you, we'll just extend their stays in the vault if they do anything.
Adam Sandler.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: August 11, 2015, 03:08:41 pm »

They fucked up big time, Ryden was fairly sympathetic with them at the start but they just shit on attempts to negotiate.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 31