Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 159

Author Topic: Arms Race, OOC [Completed] Now with Arms Race III, against another forum!  (Read 220397 times)

TheLordofHouseRiley

• Bay Watcher
  • Cutting down the enemies of the emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, OOC Thread
« Reply #270 on: July 27, 2015, 05:56:10 pm »

I think Ill probably skip ahead to 1916 and go from there then after the conclusion of the game or whenever I have a day to devote to writing Ill go back and fill in the missing years. Expect 1916 to be finished sometime tonight.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: July 27, 2015, 06:16:29 pm »

Dat's pretty. Maybe I should put it in the OP. Or, a non-territory version.

Like this?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I like it! I've noticed it is, however, missing an East Bay. My intent for ships was that they need to park in bays (because of storms) and can normally only attack one region away from a safe bay. This means that holding the Jungle or the Plains gives you to ability to use naval support in the enemy's home region.

Yeah, deliberately left out East Bay because only NSW were mentioned.  Just makes the Jungle crazy important to hold for sea purposes (but contrast the plains having a working railroad).

Edit: For our next action, Moskurg will declare war on the Random Number Gods for their filthy alliance with the Arstotzkans!  They shall feel the sting of our Brumbies!
« Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 06:22:04 pm by Iituem »
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: July 27, 2015, 06:20:44 pm »

Heh, I won't spoil it, but I'm really loving the failure of Moskurg's project >:D
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: July 27, 2015, 06:23:25 pm »

Let me guess, they attempted to make a six story tall robot?

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: July 27, 2015, 06:24:34 pm »

Not sure about the robot, but I  am sure that they produced something absurdly large. It is their style
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: July 27, 2015, 06:25:52 pm »

Let me guess, they attempted to make a six story tall robot?

Nothing quite that complex. In theory it was something that was on the surface simple, but in practice...not so much. :P It helps when the dice seem to be allied with us(they used both their design AND revision for it, and not much was accomplished >:D)
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: July 27, 2015, 06:29:38 pm »

Yeah, deliberately left out East Bay because only NSW were mentioned.  Just makes the Jungle crazy important to hold for sea purposes (but contrast the plains having a working railroad).
Hm. Mistake, but might keep it that way.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: July 27, 2015, 06:30:32 pm »

Are they trying to make a military version of the titanic? Cause if they are, it might be easier to make a landmine with a button on top that is labeled disarm, but the button really blows it up?
« Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 06:32:13 pm by Hiddenleafguy »

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: July 27, 2015, 06:33:12 pm »

Are they trying to make a military version of the titanic?

Fine, since they're into their production phase and we'll soon have an update as soon as revisions are done, they tried to make a man-portable radio. Emphasis on TRIED, it's more wheelbarrow portable :P. At least it fits in the trenches now >:D

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: July 27, 2015, 06:40:19 pm »

At least they can send messages like "We are surrounded. Send reinfo...... "
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: July 27, 2015, 06:41:32 pm »

At least they can send messages like "We are surrounded. Send reinfo...... "

Using Morse Code, I'm not sure they'll get past "we are su..." :P

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: July 27, 2015, 06:50:45 pm »

Yeah, yeah, it's all fun to laugh when you're rolling three sixes in a row, but NEXT TIME YOU'LL PAY, YOU'LL ALL PAY!  TIGERS SHALL DEVOUR YOU!

Moskurg, Moskurg, Moskurg STRONK,
Beauty in the face of TAONKs,
Gods may oppose us,
Hope they may grind,
But with great weapons
We desecrate shrines!

Moskurg, Moskurg, Moskurg STRONK,
In our war we can do no WRONK,
Fast as the desert sands,
Stronk-as-a tiger's love,
We shall crush our foes
With glor-ious death from above!

*a single tear falls from a Moskurg soldier's eye*
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: July 27, 2015, 06:51:43 pm »

Meanwhile, the glorious Arztotskan empire uses smoke signals through their giant tanks.

Quote from: Secret document
Black smoke : Charge
Black and intermittent white : Prepare for charge
Continious White : Replace crew.
No smoke : Send more fuel
Black, white, red and pieces of shrapnel : Send new tank
« Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 06:53:31 pm by 10ebbor10 »

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: July 27, 2015, 07:24:50 pm »

[encoded] )=(5-&+ $%:;; &:88(8 3; 38 "2%% ;_38$ 8--' =-*3;3(8 "(= 9 "=:9- [encoding end] if any glorious card carrying members of our nation want the code I will Pm it to them.

TheLordofHouseRiley

• Bay Watcher
  • Cutting down the enemies of the emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: July 27, 2015, 07:50:08 pm »

Journey of a Moskurg Infantryman 1916

January 1916
Sometimes Im amazed looking back at these last six years that I even managed to survive 1910. I was a damned fool on many occasions taking many risks I still remember the day I got my first taste of proper gunnery firing a stallion it was an exhilarating thrill at the time hell it still is. But by no means should I have survived the day we were out gunned and out numbered with all honesty we should of withdrawn from that trench just let the Arstotzkans take it. But we won and I survived and caught the eye of a certain captain Menou apparently. Though I wouldn't know that until last year when I was given my first promotion well real promotion. Many a times I became a unofficial leader amongst the newer troops simply because nearly no one has survived as long as I have on the front. Well anyhow I wish Menou wouldn't have noticed me as I abhor my new role as lieutenant. The pressure resting on you knowing your mens lives hang in the balance that and due to my new role Menou forbid me from using the horse killer. Damn him these new guns if you could even call them that don't compare to the horsekiller you shouldn't fix what isn't broken especially when fixing means downsizing to the pansy .30 caliber like many arstotzkan weapons. I also hate being an officer because I don't know how to ride a horse and Menou put me in charge of a calvary platoon. Albeit we rarely actually use the horses as I prefer not to lead my men to there certain deaths but still its kinda embaressing especially when i was first given my command and I didn't know how to even get on a horse. The only man in Moskurg who cant ride a horse and you give him a command of a calvary platoon. At the time I thought that Menou was insane still do actually but I know see his reasons at least a little more clearly. Many of the veteran calvary commanders were transferred to are new armored calvary last year. The new Struuunk I now that is a truly GLORIOUS piece of Moskurg engineering you don't see the Arstotzkan pigs using anything like that. All they have are there steel behemoths. Ive only ever seen one and it didn't impress me it was slow and had many blind spots and concentrated fire of Stallions and Bombardiers can take them down.

May 1916
For the first time in many years I have felt so much pride in Moskurg engineering. Though no doubt we have had many glorious innovations to many of them seemed like poor copies of Arstotzkan tech. But despite its short comings I can't help but love the SPAT it in my opinion is significantly more practical and useful then the Arstotzkan behemoth. I have whole heartedly considered stealing one. Though I don't think command would approve of that but they seriously couldn't blame me who wouldn't want to command a titan of the battlefield like the SPAT. But I suppose that'll have to wait for another time Ive received orders my unit is transferring to the far eastern flank of the front it seems that command is going to try a break through there.

June 1916
My unit arrived yesterday to the far eastern front? and I must say the sea breeze is quite refreshing after a hard ride especially since i still haven't mastered my riding skills. But it seems like this assault is going to be a glorious one that will truly break the Arstotzkans this is the largest assembly of Moskurgian engineering prowess I've seen since the beginning of this war. A full squadron of new SPAT's, and a company of armored calvary, as well a company of traditional calvary who my units been attached too are going to launch a offensive along with the infantry already along the front to try and break through the enemy and then begin to encircle them from the east. I truly am excited to be a part of this offensive I will bring much glory to my family and to Moskurg in these coming months.

July 1916
Perhaps I over estimated our SPAT's after just one month we have lost two of them one was lost in an engagement with the Arstotzkan behemoth the other was lost when the ground gave out beneath it as it tried to cross a trench miring it in the mud and try as we did no amount of horses or men seemed unable to dislodge it. The Struuunks likewise suffered only able to act as mobile machine gun emplacements and unable to keep up with traditional calvary or even the infantry due to the fact they would either have to find a gap in the trenches or construct a bridge to let themselves over the trenches. So somehow amongst all these technological marvels it has fallen to the relics of a bygone age and mere infantry to sustain this push. Ive begun to fear that command has made a mistake with this offensive. But on the plus size I led my first successful calvary charge last week. As the infantry overwhelmed a section of the Arstotzkan trench a small section even perhaps maybe five meters wide the Arstotzkans showed there true colors and completely abandoned said trench. I issued the order to charge to my men spurred into action excited that I finally unleashed them on a calvary charge. I did my best to keep up without falling off the horse. It was an interesting sensation killing a man from horseback its not like my officers scimitar hadn't seen its fair share of action since i received it last year but thats always been in the tight confines of a trench. Cutting someone down in the open field had a completely different feeling to it almost like it was too easy. But I suppose the cowardly Arstotzkan dogs got what they deserved. 

September 1916
Well it looks like I may be able to command a SPAT after all. Today are last SPAT was ambushed as it went over a trench that the infantry should of cleared and the crew was shot out of it. We'll  just have to see what the higher ups decide we may abandon the SPAT so we can continue the push now that we're so close to breaking through the enemies flank we have to keep up the momentum while its on our side.

November 1916
The Assault has failed as much as I hate to say it. Just as victory seemed certain that we would finally break through the Arstotzkan reserves and be able to begin outflanking there frontline a wave of artstotzkan reinforcements showed up. They were accompanied by two of there steel behemoths that we had no answer for then trying to outflank them with our Struuunk's. There infantry also fought with a new weapon a hand held machine gun of sorts its small yet fires extremely quickly. Im going to try and steal one for myself if I can i imagine they'd be very effective from horseback. Thats assuming I survive the rest of the year that is.

December 1916
Damnit Ive been promoted again freaking Menou. I now have command of whats left of the Calvary company that I was attached to when this offensive started. The attack was a relative failure the only positive thing that came out of it was that we forced the Arstotzkans to move troops to what was once a fairly quiet front. Frankly the failure of that assault has gotten me thinking about what could have gone better. Other then simply more troops and SPAT's that is. Frankly I believe if we had some sort of gunboat with two or three bombardiers on it pushing along the coast with the assault it could of made a difference pounding enemy positions ahead of us offering more anti tank capabilities and depending on the size of the vessel it could of even acted as an evacuation craft. Or if we had some sort of reconnaissance that would of told us of Arstotzkan reinforcements we could of prepared for them or at least retreated before they got here. Well I suppose this is a sour note to end the year on I have to talk to Menou about the ship idea maybe he'll be able to put it in the right channels to see it implemented

to be continued
Hey guys Im wondering if you like the change in writing style from the first adventures of a Moskurg soldier i figure that since he's been on the front for six years at this point a little bit of maturity would be expected but if you found the goofier tones of the first one more enjoyable I can go back to that style of writing
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 159