Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 159

Author Topic: Arms Race, OOC [Completed] Now with Arms Race III, against another forum!  (Read 220435 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, OOC Thread
« Reply #825 on: August 09, 2015, 08:07:04 am »

It's only because of the war why Forenia has such a high rate of getting advanced weapons. If there was peace, we'd be irrelevant.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: August 09, 2015, 10:54:51 am »

We'd probably still be designing shitloads of super advanced weaponry just for the hell of it.
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: August 09, 2015, 10:58:56 am »

Sensei, you forgot to remove our expense credit from our inventory. Not that I would mind having an extra one.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #828 on: August 09, 2015, 12:23:42 pm »

Nope, I don't do art (yeah, like most people on DA do "art"), it just happens.
Uh, that is art.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: August 09, 2015, 10:17:10 pm »

Intermission: 1927 Civilian Report

Moskurg
there is war museum of Arstotzkan armored vehicles with big holes through them.
This is actually kind of flattering. It's like saying "Arstotzka's vehicles are so good, we had to bring out the biggest and baddest cannons we had to take them down."

Glory to Arstotzka.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #830 on: August 10, 2015, 12:13:53 am »

The big holes were made from lots of very small bullets.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: August 10, 2015, 12:41:17 am »

So instead of cannons, you had to expend days worth of ammunition to kill them instead.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: August 10, 2015, 01:13:00 am »

Well, an Arstotzkan's full day of ammunition maybe. With typical Moskurg trigger discipline and habits of firing guns into the air for entertainment, it's a smaller portion of a Moskurg soldier's ammo supply. ;)
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: August 10, 2015, 01:26:33 am »

Nah, you don't get it. It's just that our artillery is so effective, we don't have anything left of Moksburg vehicle to display.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: August 10, 2015, 05:47:09 am »

Though it might be a bit early Sensei do you have a list of reflection and recommendations to anyone hoping to host something like this in the future?

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #835 on: August 10, 2015, 05:54:40 am »

So instead of cannons, you had to expend days worth of ammunition to kill them instead.
The crews sat very still for us while we let the rookies practice their riflery.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: August 10, 2015, 06:08:46 am »

The crews sat very still for us while we let the rookies practice their riflery.
Well of course the crews sat still. You're not exactly supposed to be running when you're in a car. But please tell me how you got all the horse blood off those cars you captured. Every time we send them out to fight your cavalry we spend hours just scraping off the blood and guts.

Glory to Arstotzka.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #837 on: August 10, 2015, 02:59:17 pm »

Give me ideas to turn them into "art".
If they involve vehicles of either side, give me a better description of each, except if it's obvious (motorcycles).
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 03:01:24 pm by Kot »
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: August 10, 2015, 03:01:37 pm »

Tons of tanks fighting each others?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #839 on: August 10, 2015, 03:07:49 pm »

Tons of tanks fighting each others?
Maybe. I wanted to do that (including glorious motorbike charges and less glorious cavalry dying to machinegun fire), but the fact I have little idea how each of tanks looks, thanks to their descriptions("exit hatch in towards the mach of the tank"? "cowled treads" What?), I could base them on existing ones though.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 159