Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 159

Author Topic: Arms Race, OOC [Completed] Now with Arms Race III, against another forum!  (Read 220422 times)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, OOC Thread
« Reply #960 on: August 11, 2015, 12:13:49 pm »

I actually came up with an ID system in my mind last night...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #961 on: August 11, 2015, 12:20:05 pm »

Wouldn't the "Issuing Locale" thing be AS? I mean, we're a small nation, there's a high chance that only place where people can get registered is the capital (also the local priest, but that would be unofficial in eyes of paperwork)...
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: August 11, 2015, 02:26:25 pm »

Ok, I am done. Not sure if all those things count as facts of life in the capital, but I can come up with something later. But I should have a pretty solid description of a capital.
5 pages because there is no do or do not, but only overdo!

The small parliament so often mentioned is the ruling assembly of the nation, composed of roughly 30 people , representing the administrative divisions of the nation. More than half of the seats are from the south bay area, directly descended from the historical seats of the first council. the other seats were added after 1877, in a number big enough to not anger the locals and small enough to keep all the power in Arstotzka.
While some of the seats, especially the newer ones, are elected by the population, many are still hereditary or appointed ( descended from nobles or appointed officials)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: August 11, 2015, 02:51:40 pm »

Wouldn't the "Issuing Locale" thing be AS? I mean, we're a small nation, there's a high chance that only place where people can get registered is the capital (also the local priest, but that would be unofficial in eyes of paperwork)...

Most people would get issued one in their home town, or at POW camps, at ports, or what-have you.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: August 11, 2015, 04:07:13 pm »

Ok, I am done. Not sure if all those things count as facts of life in the capital, but I can come up with something later. But I should have a pretty solid description of a capital.

The small parliament so often mentioned is the ruling assembly of the nation, composed of roughly 30 people , representing the administrative divisions of the nation. More than half of the seats are from the south bay area, directly descended from the historical seats of the first council. the other seats were added after 1877, in a number big enough to not anger the locals and small enough to keep all the power in Arstotzka.
While some of the seats, especially the newer ones, are elected by the population, many are still hereditary or appointed ( descended from nobles or appointed officials)

We allowed to do more than one 'fact of life'?  If so, I have plenty more to edit in to mine.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: August 11, 2015, 04:17:29 pm »

We allowed to do more than one 'fact of life'?  If so, I have plenty more to edit in to mine.
Also are we allowed to collaborate on ours? Such as the addition I made to yours about the previous capital city?
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: August 11, 2015, 04:23:45 pm »

I am not the GM, but I don't see why we would limit ourselves. The game has gained a lot from those propaganda wars.

and I can't see why collaboration would be banned.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: August 11, 2015, 04:31:41 pm »

My original thought was a name and small snippet to fit nicely in the faction OP threads, but screw it, open the floodgates.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: August 11, 2015, 04:33:27 pm »

YAY! I wish I had more time to write more stuff.

edit: anyone in the nation willing to cooperate on a single submission?
« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 04:36:34 pm by andrea »

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: August 11, 2015, 08:39:20 pm »

-1 to flanderising our GLORIOUS nation of Arstotzka by making numbers our citizens' actual names. This also applies to naming our cities with numbers outside of engineering plans. Let not what happened to Moskurg (tigers) happen to us.

edit: anyone in the nation willing to cooperate on a single submission?
I think you've done pretty much everything.

Glory to Arstotzka.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 02:32:36 am by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: August 11, 2015, 10:50:58 pm »

I start to feel this thread should be worthy of induction in tvtropes or any similar fora.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: August 12, 2015, 02:34:55 am »

Hey Sensei, are the 1910 and 1910 Mag machine guns still in use or have they been replaced by the 1924? Also, the AS-51 Steam Engine has been made obsolete but it's still in the sheet.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: August 12, 2015, 03:44:33 am »

You forgot the glory, i know it can be hard we have some much of it.

Glory to Arstotzka.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #973 on: August 12, 2015, 12:18:31 pm »

So I was making this T-15 tank picture, after few days of mostly not doing it, I have it mostly finished but...
I just realized the gun is on the wrong side.
FUCK.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: August 12, 2015, 12:19:45 pm »

Sounds like a revision action is needed. :p

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 159