Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 159

Author Topic: Arms Race, OOC [Completed] Now with Arms Race III, against another forum!  (Read 219316 times)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, OOC Thread
« Reply #1095 on: August 14, 2015, 01:46:28 am »

Wut? We have exactly the kind of cypher they had last turn. They don't have any mean to decode it.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: August 14, 2015, 01:48:03 am »

Wut? We have exactly the kind of cypher they had last turn. They don't have any mean to decode it.
If we have the same kind of cypher as they do, then they already have a means to decode it since they're the ones that made the cypher.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #1097 on: August 14, 2015, 01:48:42 am »

It's a stretch, but at the end of the day what's happening is Moskurg's recoilless rifles are more effective than their real-life contemporaries.
I'm suprised the Chinese choosen the mortar over the rifle, considering the Moskurgs just proposed them a weapon that breaks the laws of fucking physics.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: August 14, 2015, 01:50:10 am »

Moskurg: Better than physics.

...Hey Sensei, if the Arstotzkans keep complaining, would we be allowed to basically turn the average moskurgan soldier into a supersoldier? :P

EDIT: Mind you, I kinda want to start taunting Arstotzka like a frenchman over the radios. It's be hilarious :P
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: August 14, 2015, 01:50:58 am »

If we have the same kind of cypher as they do, then they already have a means to decode it since they're the ones that made the cypher.

Nah, because the cypher is one that depend on people having the same cards.

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #1100 on: August 14, 2015, 01:52:43 am »

Moskurg: Better than physics.

...Hey Sensei, if the Arstotzkans keep complaining, would we be allowed to basically turn the average moskurgan soldier into a supersoldier? :P

EDIT: Mind you, I kinda want to start taunting Arstotzka like a frenchman over the radios. It's be hilarious :P
This would certainly help with your slowly forming opinion of cheaters.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: August 14, 2015, 01:53:29 am »

First I would like to explicitly distance myself from the raging buttpain, just wanted to ask a question here.  That said;

Given that we are in their cities, will this disrupt their production any?
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: August 14, 2015, 01:56:02 am »

Nonsense, we just roll the tank off the factory floor with the ammo needed to annihilate the Arstotzkans, no paint needed.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: August 14, 2015, 01:57:43 am »

Actually, on that note, which side gets the bonus from their traits? I mean, for Arstotokians, there are a lot of ambush areas, but for the Moskburgians, they are fighting a lot at close range.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: August 14, 2015, 01:58:53 am »

NO! The only one who's complaining now is Kot. Don't damn our entire country for the actions of one guy.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: August 14, 2015, 01:59:44 am »

Probably us, given that you need to get into the city proper to take advantage of the ambush sites And it's a little hard to do that with a crazy, muscular arab with an SMG just waiting around the corner :P

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: August 14, 2015, 02:02:37 am »

On that note, I find the sutuation in the Jungle weird.

Last turn, we were winning on the roads because of our more numerous tanks, now we lose because they counter our most ineffective weapon?

It's a stretch, but at the end of the day what's happening is Moskurg's recoilless rifles are more effective than their real-life contemporaries.

That said, any further complaints about the state of Recoilless Rifle technology will result in it becoming irrationally faster, more powerful and more accurate with assistance of the Sand Devils and their ancient, forbidden knowledge. The discussion is closed.

Also, Arstotzka does not have a (reliable) cipher of any kind at the moment.

I'm a bit annoyed with that considering we spent a full design action on this. Might have recieved something more than just the result of a meager revision.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: August 14, 2015, 02:09:12 am »

On that note, I find the sutuation in the Jungle weird.

Last turn, we were winning on the roads because of our more numerous tanks, now we lose because they counter our most ineffective weapon?
Our 1909 is actually our most ineffective weapon, but yeah it does seem pretty weird. Oh well. Just go with the flow I guess.

I'm a bit annoyed with that considering we spent a full design action on this. Might have recieved something more than just the result of a meager revision.
GM said that's enough. Also, we were developing rocket technology and we developed it so well that it became cheap. Besides, their Hippo sucks pretty badly and it was made with the Design phase.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: August 14, 2015, 02:17:57 am »

Nah, but I'm a bit pissed at the cypher thing. Our design specs specified it should be able to encode as well as decode. The description ("it can also act exactly as a Tiger's Whisper would") hints it can code as well.

Since "develloping a cypher" in this case means printing a bunch of cards with letters on them, it doesn't really seem fair to require a revision or whatever to use it. I guess I  just would have liked it if Sensei had been more clear beforehand that we still needed to do something to get a code of our own.

As for the complexity of components, why don't you integrate it with resources cost in one cost system? The Expense of a particular piece of kit depend on the sums of its Costs Levels(CL). For each resource you lack, the equipment gains one CL. For each Expensive component, it gais one CL, two for Very Expensive components. Inherent complexities in the design can add CLs, while deliberate use of poor materials can remove one CL.

A piece of kit with one CL is Expensive, one with three CL is Very Expensive, on with 6 or more CL is a National Effort.

Then just let players during the production phase decide what to do.

The advantage of this system is that it can still let you add some expensive components to a vehicle without bumping it to Very Expensive or National Effort, but doesn't make extra component free either. It also mitigate the current issue that we are always trying to aim for on ressource short of the next expense level, which ain't really realist.

« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 02:57:44 am by Sheb »

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: August 14, 2015, 02:29:33 am »

Moskurg Tank Commander Char
Is his tank 3 times faster than the others?
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 159