Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 159

Author Topic: Arms Race, OOC [Completed] Now with Arms Race III, against another forum!  (Read 220519 times)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, OOC Thread
« Reply #1200 on: August 14, 2015, 12:37:41 pm »

Yeah, we're just complaining because it's kinda weird that we had to order our troops to use the fancy encoder we made for them, and that because of that we didn't get any bonus out of encoding.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: August 14, 2015, 12:49:01 pm »

Huh, I thought I had asked this earlier, but cant find the post or a response, so here it is (possibly again).

Will it be possible to attack an area on two flanks? And if so, at what point will that be possible?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: August 14, 2015, 12:50:26 pm »

Huh, I thought I had asked this earlier, but cant find the post or a response, so here it is (possibly again).

Will it be possible to attack an area on two flanks? And if so, at what point will that be possible?
I think thats up to high command, but I may be mistaken.
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: August 14, 2015, 01:10:56 pm »

Jesus Christ guys, you are at the edge of our cities and you still find reason to complain, we built this weapon to fight in the desert and you advanced.
Yeah, and we doubled down in the desert designing both those artillery shells and the encryption/decryption system. And we already had an advantage to begin with.

Edit: When can we actually start attacking the enemy supply lines and start to cut off the forces in the mountains and Jungle?
So what you did worked. You ignored other areas at the expense of advancing in the desert.

And you know, we're not complaining about that. (Though the Jungle situation appeared a bit strange, but really that's not worth mentioning ).

The point is that we're faced with a weapon (crappy as it is) whose way of functioning is contrary to reality, and thus throws a whole lot of trouble into the game's workings.

Basically, the only way the RR can work is if medium armor is really, really bad, in which case our autocannon should work as well.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 02:08:27 pm by 10ebbor10 »

coleslaw35

• Bay Watcher
  • A disgusting pile of slop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: August 14, 2015, 04:42:01 pm »

Uuuuugh, I want to join in, but I'm not sure which side to join. Who would be "winning" right now, not that I'm just going to join the winning side. I was originally thinking of going with Moskurg, but something made me decide to wait a bit and think on it. How many people are on each side?

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: August 14, 2015, 04:48:15 pm »

Well, on a strategic level, Arztotska is winning. On a tactical level, it's Moskurg.

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: August 14, 2015, 05:03:05 pm »

GLORY TO ARSTOKZA!!!!!!!!! (sorry for my spelling, inquisition, I suffer from nameforgetitus.)

coleslaw35

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: August 14, 2015, 05:04:42 pm »

ARSTOKZA

silly "arstokzans" don't even know the name of their own country, yet they give all "glory" to it? :P

It seems I may be a Moskurgan by heart. :P
« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 05:06:23 pm by coleslaw35 »

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: August 14, 2015, 05:54:38 pm »

ARSTOKZA

silly "arstokzans" don't even know the name of their own country, yet they give all "glory" to it? :P

I don't think you should care about who's winning, honestly, just read both threads, then the one you want to make a suggestion in first is your pick.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

coleslaw35

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: August 14, 2015, 06:05:45 pm »

ARSTOKZA

I don't think you should care about who's winning

I really don't. Like, if Moskurg were losing I would've probably joined them anyways. I was just wondering who was currently winning.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: August 14, 2015, 07:25:22 pm »

Well, on a strategic level, Arztotska is winning. On a tactical level, it's Moskurg.
By "tactically", that means "GM believes that Moskurgan designs work better than expected, while failing continuously to understand Arstotzkan designs".

coleslaw35

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: August 14, 2015, 07:28:38 pm »

By "tactically", that means "GM believes that Moskurgan designs work better than expected, while failing continuously to understand Arstotzkan designs".

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: August 14, 2015, 07:35:11 pm »

establish moskurgian import-export company, specializing in airmailed forenian salt

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: August 14, 2015, 07:48:57 pm »

Uuuuugh, I want to join in, but I'm not sure which side to join. Who would be "winning" right now, not that I'm just going to join the winning side. I was originally thinking of going with Moskurg, but something made me decide to wait a bit and think on it. How many people are on each side?
Arstotzka's thread has many more pages than Moskurg so you may want to join Moskurg for that reason. Arstotzka is currently winning, holding 5 territories past the mid-line versus Moskurg's 2.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #1214 on: August 15, 2015, 02:51:18 am »

The point is that we're faced with a weapon (crappy as it is) whose way of functioning is contrary to reality, and thus throws a whole lot of trouble into the game's workings.
Finding evidence that that solidcore AP slugs don't work is hard because only Germans apparently considered using it (as in, taking an existing shell and putting it in it) and even then there is no actual evidence of using it, since HEAT penetration values of LG 40 can be easily accessed, but the AP ones can't, and there's a chance they don't actually exist. I can't find 7.5 cm FK 16 nA AP penetration values also, and while the 10,5 got it's shells from leFH 18, and I can't find values for that too, except maybe from WoT (so that's bullshit proably, 63 mm from 100m at 475 m/s, better than I would have thought, but honestly it's a 10,5 cm artillery shell, it may as well break through by sheer weight) and War Thunder (closer to reality I think, but still "balanced") as it's a F2P Multiplayer, anyway the penetration is 64mm at 100m, woah that's pretty consistent with WoT which is suprising really), because nowhere else it has AP rounds.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 159