Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 159

Author Topic: Arms Race, OOC [Completed] Now with Arms Race III, against another forum!  (Read 220398 times)

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, OOC Thread
« Reply #1485 on: August 17, 2015, 05:31:53 pm »

Remember you are only writing the section of the treaty that pertains to weapons, High Command has stuff like legitimate targets and prisoner treatment covered.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1486 on: August 17, 2015, 05:32:02 pm »

i for one propose the following treaty

THE GREAT MOSKUNG-ARSTOTZKA TREATY OF 19XX
  • arstotzka is hereby banned
  • mentions of arstotzka are only permitted when referring to pre-treaty conditions
  • instances of post-treaty arstotzka are to be removed immediately
this concludes the treaty

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #1487 on: August 17, 2015, 05:32:24 pm »

By the way, the Geneva Protocol or whatever is in effect now, doesn't ban using chemical weapons against not-ratifying parties. So, basically, if two not-ratifying parties use it against each other, it's nobody's business. That's right lads, nobody is going to invade us if we gas all the dirty Moskurgs.

Also, I propose that we should ban swords and other melee weaponry because that's too brutal.
FUCKING
NEW
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1488 on: August 17, 2015, 05:35:46 pm »

You know that just means we can ratify it right? :P
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #1489 on: August 17, 2015, 05:37:38 pm »

They will proably don't give a shit if we ask them to let us ratify it, because we're the least-important country in the world.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1490 on: August 17, 2015, 05:38:29 pm »

They will proably don't give a shit if we ask them to let us ratify it, because we're the least-important country in the world.

yes, you are

we'd forget about you if shooting you wasn't so fun

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1491 on: August 17, 2015, 05:38:39 pm »

Lichtenstein and Andorra exist, so we aren't that irrelevant :P

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1492 on: August 17, 2015, 05:56:36 pm »

I think that the treaty should impose arbitrary and absurd limitations, not sane ones that take after actual treaties. Why should we ban gas weapons—how will that make the game more interesting?

Personally, I think we should ban flying vehicles, so that we're forced to rely on high-tech catapults for transport.
I support the formation of an air vehicle ban treaty.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1493 on: August 17, 2015, 05:59:49 pm »

Hahahaha. OH yeah Arstotzka, you're being invaded by ice giants.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #1494 on: August 17, 2015, 06:04:38 pm »

I think that the treaty should impose arbitrary and absurd limitations, not sane ones that take after actual treaties. Why should we ban gas weapons—how will that make the game more interesting?

Personally, I think we should ban flying vehicles, so that we're forced to rely on high-tech catapults for transport.
I support the formation of an air vehicle ban treaty.
Ban imperial measurement system.

Also what the fuck, I didin't submit this post already, what the fuck forum...?

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1495 on: August 17, 2015, 06:11:25 pm »

so, prisoners and targets are covered elsewhere already. what we want to ban is chemical, biological and radioactive weapons it seems.

I propose another thing: a ban on interception of enemy communications.

The reason behind it is that being able to decrypt enemy comms is such an advantage that it can't and won't be ignored. Currently we are in a state of being able to send comms that can't be decrypted by enemies. We are even. We can keep it like this for the rest of the war. So that this doesn't become a game of who has the better cypher.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1496 on: August 17, 2015, 06:13:00 pm »

I support that.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1497 on: August 17, 2015, 06:14:50 pm »

Are we still allowed to patch our radios into the enemy network for shit-talking purposes? :P

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1498 on: August 17, 2015, 06:16:22 pm »

Are we still allowed to patch our radios into the enemy network for shit-talking purposes? :P
For the record, there's no patching in and no networks, you just talk on their channel.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1499 on: August 17, 2015, 06:16:31 pm »

I support that.

As much fun as a cypher war would be, it would quickly become pretty silly, so yeah. This won't be really realistic(since SigInt is a huge part of military doctrine), but then we won't be blowing actions all the time countering their cypher or creating a new one-unless of course Sensei would like to give us a SigInt slot(maybe used during production phase as something that's actually done during that)
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 159