Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 159

Author Topic: Arms Race, OOC [Completed] Now with Arms Race III, against another forum!  (Read 220439 times)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, OOC
« Reply #1785 on: August 28, 2015, 11:19:04 am »

did I miss anyone?

Tryar in favor of UR's.  and I'm okay with the whole thing provided strategic bombing is banned.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1786 on: August 28, 2015, 11:23:05 am »

I know you are ok with that, that is why you are under the Ukrainian addendum on the rules of war ( which is everything plus the ban on strategic bombers)

tryrar I think voted that in case we couldn't get the original treaty passed. I'll change if he confirms.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1787 on: August 28, 2015, 11:24:30 am »

did I miss anyone?

Tryar in favor of UR's.  and I'm okay with the whole thing provided strategic bombing is banned.

Well, I'm in favor of it just to shut you up, since it has a provision dealing with strategic bombing that doesn't outright ban it, but restricts using level bombing against cities severely and still allows us to use dive bombers for precision strikes. If that's not enough for you, then I'm just gonna switch back to the currently most supported one, which is Andres' version. Really now, you're the one who's holding this up.

And yeah andrea, if the two votes from moskurg for Andres' version isn't enough, my vote countes to UR's version as well since Dev supports that one.
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1788 on: August 28, 2015, 11:29:27 am »

added primary and secondary vote then.

Spoiler: vote tally (click to show/hide)

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1789 on: August 28, 2015, 11:30:38 am »

I'm ok with the strategic bombing too

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1790 on: August 28, 2015, 11:48:55 am »

Works for me.

Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1791 on: August 28, 2015, 11:52:00 am »

I vote for the ukranian addendum.

A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1792 on: August 28, 2015, 12:19:26 pm »

I vote to ban strategic bombing
« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 12:39:28 pm by heydude6 »
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1793 on: August 28, 2015, 12:23:34 pm »

We seem to have a pretty good turn out from Moskurg now.

What is Arstotzka's opinion on it?
« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 12:36:09 pm by Kashyyk »

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1794 on: August 28, 2015, 12:35:24 pm »

Very well.

I am willing to support the ban on level bombing of cities. However, since we are restricting our ability to drop explosives on cities, cities should not be able to hold emplacements which require bombs.

I suggest that cities should not be able to hold fortified structures ( which, right now, they don't have anyway) or fixed artillery and flak emplacements. That is the bare minimum for me to consider it.
( this still allows tanks, mobile artillery , mobile AA, fixed AA machineguns, fixed and mobile recoilless rifles and anti tank weapons.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1795 on: August 28, 2015, 12:43:12 pm »

Artillery and fortified structures I understand, but why fixed flak installations? If there isn't any bombing going on they would be useless, and if the flak batteries are known to be there both sides will be less willing to get an advantage by breaking the rules.
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1796 on: August 28, 2015, 12:53:12 pm »

You don't need them against our dive bombers, which can be hit by machineguns and autocannons.

however, more powerful AA could interdict the close air space, to which the counter is flying higher... which we can't do.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1797 on: August 28, 2015, 02:03:09 pm »

Artillery and fortified structures I understand, but why fixed flak installations? If there isn't any bombing going on they would be useless, and if the flak batteries are known to be there both sides will be less willing to get an advantage by breaking the rules.
Large FLAK is basically artillery. For example, our artillery is.

Besides, neither side is going to break the agreement. High command is very insistent upon that.

If you read further, Sensei said we should have been able to decrypt. I guess he forgot to mention it in 1931, and we were winning on all fronts anyway.

Depends. Is giving the entire decryption team a good whack over the head something which fits into a revision order?

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1798 on: August 28, 2015, 02:13:06 pm »

You could also do it with espionage as well although I'm pretty sure that has a higher chance of failing.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1799 on: August 28, 2015, 04:10:56 pm »

I'll just switch my vote back to the original agreement, I'd like to move this along.

Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 159