Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 135

Author Topic: Arms Race, Moskurg: 1935 Production  (Read 92843 times)

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Moskurg: 1918 Revision
« Reply #390 on: July 28, 2015, 04:25:50 pm »

the idea when i asked for it to be acquired was for us to take the good bits out of their smg and combine it with our mg to make the stronkest gun

using their own thing feels like bit of a waste

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: July 28, 2015, 05:04:38 pm »

Retool the SMG.  That should mean we don't get routed off the jungle if they build something to push there.  As is, that result should mean we don't lose too much more ground this year.

Sweet, does that mean we can build cheaper artillery carriages now?  That sounds like an amazing result.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: July 28, 2015, 05:22:56 pm »

That's three votes for retooling the SMG. You'll probably want to re-name it.

AS-MC16: This is a sub-machine gun, firing the .35 cal short pistol round. It uses a new, closed-bolt blowback system. This system is reliable and keeps dirt out of the gun. The bolt system takes up about six inches, all of which is past the trigger, then a magazine, a 30 round drum, inserts into the receiver from the left. The barrel after the receiver is short, about 8 inches, and has a slotted metal hand guard. The stock is wooden and stops at the receiver, where brass is ejected from the bottom of the gun. The short barrel gives poor accuracy, especially when hot, and the .35 cal short bullets have much less range than a rifle or machine gun. The system fires about 400 rounds per minute. Its complexity makes it Expensive.

You have gained the .35 Caliber Short round, for dinky leetle pistols too small for full .30 caliber bullets.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: Arms Race, Moskurg: 1918 SMG Renaming Contest
« Reply #393 on: July 28, 2015, 05:33:50 pm »

Revise the radio to be portable? If we do that, then we can organize men and tanks into platoons and start making really huge leaps in tactics. We'll be able to form small coordinated units instead of being forced to move in lines or blobs in order to stay in sight of one another.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: July 28, 2015, 05:38:52 pm »

I don't know.  I'd rather leave next turn's revision phase open.  We have a lot of needs, and portable radios would be nice, but I still want grenades, as they're just too useful to pass up.

I'm also worried that the tank is on the wrong part of the armored vehicle triangle, not being armored enough to be safe, not being fast enough to be mobile, and not being armed enough to be effective, all at the same time.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 06:30:23 pm by Devastator »

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #395 on: July 28, 2015, 05:47:59 pm »

Yeah. I really want smoke, too.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: July 28, 2015, 06:03:37 pm »

Name suggestion. The Cascade Sub-Machine Gun, named for the cascade of bullets it puts out.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: July 28, 2015, 06:32:16 pm »

I don't think it'll be that bad, I figure we'll be on the right side of at least one of them, but the varience is pretty huge by some pretty small margins.

There probably will be a lot of needed revisions next turn.  Radios should probably need to be reliable rather than smaller, as they're morse and require dedicated operators, and we might want to revise our mettlurgy to get higher-quality armor to our AFVs, or revise the tracks to get greater speed, which could be the road to semi-motarized infantry and half tracks, which are amazingly useful.  Or an improvement to the gun in the tank, which could keep us abrest of their next-gen armor, rather than just this one.  Lots of good options, lots of stuff that helps in several ways at once.

Pushing grenades is because they're so useful.  Whatever needs to be revised next turn, pairing it with infantry explosives will help.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #398 on: July 28, 2015, 06:33:19 pm »

Rifled artillery would be dope.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: July 28, 2015, 06:43:32 pm »

For next turn I vote Grenades and rifling for Bombardier and other Artillery.
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Moskurg: 1919 Design
« Reply #400 on: July 28, 2015, 07:29:29 pm »

Hello everyone. I am here to join the team. My suggestion is Smoke Grenades/Artillery/whatever

With smoke, we'll be able to sneak past the their artillery barrages and troops and get a good flanking position. Then with our superior trench fighting abilities (abilities, not weapons, we're pretty equal on weapons) we can capture valuable positions, sneak up on machine gun emplacements and more importantly, conceal our numbers.

Smoke will help in the mountains since the mountains rely on sharpshooting and with smoke, sharpshooting is impossible. We then sneak in to their camps and kill them all.

Probably not gonna be useful in the jungle.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: July 28, 2015, 07:30:29 pm »

Sensei, would smoke rounds for artillery be a design or a revision?

A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: July 28, 2015, 07:32:13 pm »

personally, I plan on using the next revision phase (not this one) to revise a variant that deploys poison gas.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #403 on: July 28, 2015, 07:34:06 pm »

Smoke Grenades/Artillery/whatever
+1

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: July 28, 2015, 07:34:09 pm »

Hrm.  My votes this round will be for revising the Radio to a more portable, reliable version, because if it's too large to co-ordinate troops then it's useless, and for design...

Plus, planes aren't foreign technology. The Great War is on its last legs, it definitely wouldn't be too outlandish to make an armed recon plane.

R-1 Hawk: A simple, wood-and-canvas biplane for reconnaissance. Armed with two forward-facing Brumby LMGs, and seats two. The pilot sits in front, while the observer sits behind him. The observer can navigate, make observations, and use a radio installed in between the two.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 135