Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Pop?

One.
- 0 (0%)
Two.
- 0 (0%)
Three.
- 0 (0%)
The world may never know.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 10, 2016, 09:48:36 pm

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 612

Author Topic: Castle: Foxhound Chronicles (Choking your Bad Dragon in the Void)  (Read 376281 times)

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: Fear for your Weakness (0/6)
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2015, 12:38:01 pm »

It sounds fun to be the scientists  :P I'd love that job.

You should be the Scientist, our last Scientist survived and is now living a luxurious life surrounded by interesting scriptures. :D
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2015, 12:47:55 pm »

And yes, the 10mm Personal Defense Weapon is a free pistol.
Is it? PDWs are generally heavier than submachine guns (probably the most famous PDW is the FN-P90) You may note that it appropriately has a higher ST rating. And I'm still waiting on an explanation on how skill difficulty works exactly.
I suppose it doesn't matter. My actual problem is : I wanted to decrease ST, but there no free weapons that can be used with 8 or (any) with 9.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 12:50:55 pm by a1s »
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2015, 01:03:14 pm »

You should be the Scientist, our last Scientist survived and is now living a luxurious life surrounded by interesting scriptures. :D

If that's a position that I could actually play as, I would love to do that. What would I do exactly?
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2015, 01:31:23 pm »

Is it? PDWs are generally heavier than submachine guns (probably the most famous PDW is the FN-P90) You may note that it appropriately has a higher ST rating. And I'm still waiting on an explanation on how skill difficulty works exactly.
I suppose it doesn't matter. My actual problem is : I wanted to decrease ST, but there no free weapons that can be used with 8 or (any) with 9.

Well, my guess is that you could ask the GM if you could spend money on some sort of a recoil dampeners, special stocks and recoil compensators for the tip of your barrel, spending flat money to decrease the ST required to wield the weapon with extra mods. Foregrips, bipods and the likes should also help. Also, now that we're on moddings, I'm sure that putting a Bayonet at the tip of your rifle shouldn't cost you any money and give more ST addition damage for thrusts, it'd be a good idea. Because Bayonet rules.

Now, if it kept going long enough and someone managed to cook up a laser rifle, then that will most likely doesn't need ST for recoils, as laser rifles will have no recoils. But otherwise, you're going to have to spend money or points somewhere. Either to mod the gun to have lower ST requirement for recoils or buy a gun with lower recoil. Grenade launchers and stuff might not have so much recoil, though. And you don't need to aim that well with explosives anyway, as long as you don't fire at something too close to you.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2015, 01:37:49 pm »

If that's a position that I could actually play as, I would love to do that. What would I do exactly?

You'll most likely be the only person who does Xeno-Paleontology and Electronics Operation. You'll be gathering interesting in infos, map data, wall scriptures, anything new and unknown. Even enemy types! As long as you can get them on recording, and get that recording back to base, it'll be worth money for the whole party.

Everyone's money depends on you learning and studying as much as you could out there, or dragging the dead body of your party members back to Evac so their wounds can be studied and their helmet cams be watched.

You're basically going to be the party's sole source of income besides actually getting the Artifact. I'd imagine you wouldn't want to have too many ST for weapons yourself and just let the drones fight for you while you film, record and study stuff and occasionally shooting things that got a bit too close for comfort.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2015, 01:39:11 pm »

Alright. I'll be our sole scientist. I'll whip up a character sheet in a bit.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2015, 02:07:37 pm »

Alright. I'll be our sole scientist. I'll whip up a character sheet in a bit.

Someone else could also be a scientist, doubling the chance of successfully translating something. :D Although a Second scientist is probably not-needed.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2015, 06:20:02 pm »

How many stat points to we have to spend on our primary stats (Str, Dex, etc.)? Where does equipment go on the character sheet? How will NPCs work?

EDIT:
From what I understand, there are four monsters seen in the castle series.
There were five, to my memory. The Evils, the Evolved Evils, the Flying Demons, the Puppetmaster, and the Dragon.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 06:30:29 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2015, 06:46:44 pm »

How many stat points to we have to spend on our primary stats
That being said, you may start with each main stat at 10, and move points around as you please, with on one stat going above 12, but no one stat going below 8.
And then, presumably, you can use one of your 15 extra points to up one of them again.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2015, 06:58:17 pm »

Yes, essentially you will be the money maker. What you find and record information and compile them into notes for other scientists.  Your findings will be worth more than whatever else anyone else will bring because, well, you did the work (made the rolls) to find out the information. You know what you actually have  If others bring back that information, the pay for it will be very small.

at the very start of the game the things that are labled free will be free. You may find or purchase better weapons, armor, or other equipment right away, with the 25¤ that you have. If there is anything you want, thats not listed in the book, let me know, and i will stat it up for you, if you guys have the technology for it. It should also be noted that, if you happen to lose a free item, or sell it to the company for 1/3 the origional cost, rounded down, and want a new one, you must pay the fee for it, such as the knife. If its gone for any reason, and you want to get a new one later, you have to pay the 5¤ to get it. If you dont have it, its not for you.

As for your actual problem, I looked over the handbook, and it doesnt seem to mention much about that kind of situation, so, I am going to say that having below the str (or any other attribute) requirement will incur a .5 reduction in your roll, rounded up, due to the fack that the weight. (Or kickback, for a gun) is more than your body can bare, and makes it harder for you to shoot straight or cut deep. Or whatever.

I'm a little confused by the character sheet. You meantion secondary stats and 25 bucks to spend on coins? Which stats are secondary and how much does equipment cost? Is there a list somewhere?
Primary skills (I'm making an "educated guess") are everything except the primary DICS (and the skills, which aren't stats anyway) so
HP, Perception, Will, Vigor, Damage, Lift, Initiative, and Move, unless I missed one.
Equipment list is on pages 9 and 10. I'm a little confused why some equipment is listed as "free X*". Does that mean you get your first for free and the next for X? Or only one free from each table?
You are right on that point. Your primary stats are Str, Dex, Int, and Con. Your secondary stats are stats that are found using other stats. I should also mention that rasing a primary stat will raise all stats associated with it, up.

Social: Persuasion 1 (A hard skill to learn. Cost 2 points to gain and upgrade)
Craft: Traps 1 (A average level skill to learn. Cost 1 point to gain and upgrade)[/spoiler]
So what exactly does "Attribute-3" mean? I'm inferring from context of your example that it's "You need to spend as many point on level X of this skill as on level X+3 of an easy one" is that correct?
I an going to be honest and tell you that i dont remember how that was suppose to originally work, but here is how i am going to math it.
Target=attribute-difficulty+skill

The reason for this is because i feel that, even if you become better at a task (gaining skill) a difficult task will still be difficult.

Now, if you are asing if the number of points to upgrade a skill is equal to the number of points to initialy buy a skill, initially I would have said yes, but, i thought about it and it makes to easy to level up skills to max (5) right away instead I will make that initial requirement times the current skill level, plus 2 (new level=Int cost x Current lvl +2)

How many stat points to we have to spend on our primary stats (Str, Dex, etc.)? Where does equipment go on the character sheet? How will NPCs work?

EDIT:

From what I understand, there are four monsters seen in the castle series.
There were five, to my memory. The Evils, the Evolved Evils, the Flying Demons, the Puppetmaster, and the Dragon.
I will have to go over it again. I dont quite remember the flying ones.

As for how NPCs will work. . . .  Umm, i dont fully understand the question, or, rather, what you are trying to find out, but, here is what I will tell you. There will be other squads going in with you guys, 1-6 depending on my mood at the start of the mission. They will all be as large as yours, six people per squad, and of different combat variabilities. You may find medics of other squads, willing or unwilling, to help you guys. Some will be named, and some will not be. There is no true reason for this. Named NPCs do not have plot armor. They may die just as you guys may. In fact,  it can even end storylines that I may have set up for you all, suddenly. This game is fair because its brutal to all.
Some may have stats, though most wont, and some may be from other companies and countries,  though NPCs like that will almost always be strandees who just managed to survive for this long for no real reason. You can do whatever you want with them, as long as you can make the roles to convence them to do it. Obviously,  suicidal things will be nearly impossible. . . . . Usually. Does that answer your question?

How many stat points to we have to spend on our primary stats
That being said, you may start with each main stat at 10, and move points around as you please, with no one stat going above 12, but no one stat going below 8.
And then, presumably, you can use one of your 15 extra points to up one of them again.
yes. That is correct. If you can afford it.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 07:11:43 pm by zomara0292 »
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2015, 07:22:04 pm »

This is starting to look very very complex. Are you going to do most of the complex stuff or is that our job? Right now I'm confused just trying to make a character. I want to decrease strength, but that means I can't use a weapon. As the scientist I guess thats not important. Do I need any other equipment besides the tool kits and the PDA for !!science!!?

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2015, 07:24:21 pm »

Wait, are there classes somewhere in the rulebook?
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2015, 07:30:56 pm »

This is starting to look very very complex. Are you going to do most of the complex stuff or is that our job? Right now I'm confused just trying to make a character. I want to decrease strength, but that means I can't use a weapon. As the scientist I guess thats not important. Do I need any other equipment besides the tool kits and the PDA for !!science!!?

We'll handle the complex stuff. The most complex thing you'll ever have to do is make a character. The rest is just rolling as we ask you to. :)

And as I said, you could probably ask the DM if you could spend some money on addition mods for your guns to decrease the STR required for it, like a recoil compensator or something like that. But going below 8 makes you a noodly man. Do you want to be a noodly man? :P

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2015, 07:31:27 pm »

Wait, are there classes somewhere in the rulebook?

Nope! You stat and skill your characters however you like.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2015, 07:36:57 pm »

I want to decrease strength, but that means I can't use a weapon.
You can. It just incurs more negatives on your roll, making it less likely to be a usefull action.

As the scientist I guess thats not important. Do I need any other equipment besides the tool kits and the PDA for !!science!!?
You dont, really. . . But, if you have anything in mind, let me know, and i will think about its cost and benifits.  . . .  And or negatives.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 07:41:15 pm by zomara0292 »
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 612