Poll

Yes. It is
- 0 (0%)
Nope
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 08, 2015, 10:25:56 pm

Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 105

Author Topic: Breadbowl: a Succession Farm [42.06] - Breadbowl Ends  (Read 421657 times)

QuQuasar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Breadbowl: a Succession Farm [40.24]
« Reply #750 on: April 21, 2016, 05:46:41 pm »

Thanks for the numbers Sanctume. The Mayor owes you a favor, and if she can ever extract herself from the ever-growing mound of crying and yelling dwarves, she promises to repay it.

DDDragoni

• Bay Watcher
  • More than just an average drunken axe-crazy nutjob
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: April 22, 2016, 12:35:12 am »

Finally had time to play through Spring. Will update tomorrow.
Stuff I run:
Icehold(Second Thread)
Stuff I was/am involved with:
The Succession Tower, ConstructIvory
Bonepillar                    Thunderdoom
Parallel Fortresses

DDDragoni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: April 22, 2016, 07:57:43 pm »

Records of the Past and Future

1 Granite
In order to properly guide Breadbowl into the future, I must know how the river of time will flow. And since viewing that is rather… difficult, the next best thing is to observe how the river of Breadbowl flows.

So I made a little raft out of my beard hair and tossed it in the moat.

The current carried it forth, weaving through the stones and branches littering the waters, until it reached a point where the moat was overflowing and promptly beached itself.

Spoiler: Overflow (click to show/hide)

So… That needs to be fixed.

6 Granite
It appears that I pulled the wrong lever and the moat is now overflowing even more that before.
Flowing water normally means purity and health, but this is just a muddy mess.

12 Granite
The dregs at the bottom of my wine showed signs of good fortune today. It might have meant pain, put I’m at least 80% sure it was good fortune. Which is why I wasn’t worried at all when a Reacher ambushed Stinthad Pureblockades, a miner, in the tunnels and beat him to unconsciousness. Similarly, I knew everything would work out when it charged Lorbam Lancechance, a woodburner and knocked him off a 7-Urist cliff. True to form, Stinthad eventually woke up and speared it through the head as it gnawed on the skull.

Just as I predicted! My cards also tell me both will make a full recovery.

20 Granite
The elves came today to collect the season’s output for the colonies. A diplomat also came along with them, and told us the news of the world.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
That is an ill omen. She also asked for us to limit the number of trees we cut down.

123… Those numbers… They have been prophesized since the first days of numerology! There must be something special about them. Why else would they be the first numbers, if not to signify the destiny inherent on this very day?

I accepted the elf’s terms. This is the beginning of something great.

3 Slate
This is not great. It appears that even excluding the elves’ abnormal aversion to wood (don’t they know the grain can help interpret dreams?), we still have more goods than their animals can carry. I gave them what I could and received a giant wren and gray parrot in return. We could always use more eggs- the patterns when the shells crack show details of deaths.

((After moving goods to depot on left, after trade on right. By the time they left the map, we'd already made a bunch more. Am I doing this right?))

13 Slate
Illithid raised a fuss today when I melted down one of his masterworks in my smelter today. He told me to, and I quote, “not touch any more of his stuff or he’ll make my future come real fast.”

Luckily, the molten iron showed me that Ilithid currently has an aura of wisdom, so there will be no need for further conflict.

26 Slate

I was told today that no one has seen Rovod in quite some time. I shall consult the ether as to his location.

2 Felsite
I received my first message from beyond regarding Rovod today.
Spoiler: Omen 1 (click to show/hide)
Of course! Diamonds! We must encrust furniture with diamonds!

8 Felsite
While placing the encrusted furniture in the king’s newly engraved mausoleum, I noticed another message.
Spoiler: Another Message (click to show/hide)
I must listen to the whims of the spirits. Quasar shall join the hunters.

14 Felsite
Today I ran into Quasar, and I noticed something peculiar.
Quasar has no clothes. For clothes we need silk. Silk is in the sealed off cavern chambers. Open them up immediately!

20 Felsite

Oh.

Internet is spotty, will do notes and images as soon as it fully comes back.
Okay images up.

Spring wasn't terribly exciting, but FPS is hanging around 16 so it takes a while to get through stuff. Any advice on speeding stuff up?

In case it wasn't clear, Darzen's "soothsaying" doesn't actually work, he just thinks it does and gets lucky sometimes.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2016, 01:01:40 am by DDDragoni »
Stuff I run:
Icehold(Second Thread)
Parallel Fortresses

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: April 22, 2016, 09:49:56 pm »

Breadbowl: Misguised Gypsie Edition.

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: April 25, 2016, 08:06:15 am »

Tis' all the latest rage in fashion nowadays, runnin' round in the nuddie beneath a steel shirt. Or so I've been told.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: April 25, 2016, 10:51:12 am »

The moist tropical air, body oils, natural secretions, and steel chain texture makes the ensemble practically self cleaning.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: April 30, 2016, 03:06:43 pm »

*necro necro*
We need to keep this alive.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

DDDragoni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: May 02, 2016, 01:21:21 am »

7 Hematite
The human caravan arrived today. Pryo didn’t seem to take it well.
Code: [Select]
'Pyro' Reggmorul, Watcher, withdraws from society...He took a single adamantine wafer with him to a Magma forge. This is troubling. Adamantine represents both wealth and great strife.

16 Hematite
The human’s law giver, himself a goblin, arrived today with a single lasher as a guard. He claimed he had stopped at a town to rest while the caravan carried on, but I know better. The cards I drew for him showed underhanded dealings. He must be setting up some kind of trap.

18 Hematite
Curses! The stars must be in the goblin’s favor, as he left Breadbowl before I was able to convince the Shafts to detain him. I doubt he even suspected I was on to him.
Spoiler: The News (click to show/hide)

21 Hematite
It’s been seven days since the human caravan arrived, and since seven is the number of completeness, that must mean the task of carrying our food to the depot is completed. I will begin the trades at once!

Additionally, Quasar has put his armor back on and been re-elected. So good on him.

27 Hematite

Pyro finally emerged from the forge.
"The Evisceration of Revering..." well gods are revered, so I've ordered that axe to be used on all statues depicting gods.

5 Malachite
It appears that SOME dwarves have no respect for the sanctity of numbers, as the trade preparations were not in fact completed in Hematite as they should have been. Now that all of the food has actually been hauled to the depot, I’ve initialized trade for the second time.

18 Malachite
Taupe sighted a cyclops on the horizon today. Since today is the 18th, and cyclopses have 1 eye, and 1 plus 8 times 1 is 9, and nine is the number of evil, I told Taupe and Thob to go kill it. Since their names start with the same letter, they should be able to work in sync.
Spoiler: And in sync they do. (click to show/hide)

7 Galena
I felt myself drawn to Illithid today. I found him lounging about in his room. When I inquired what was so important as to distract him from his duties, he replied "Noble."
Spoiler: Noble (click to show/hide)
I cannot say that I understand this sign, but I will strive to obey it nonetheless!

15 Galena
It appears something in Zuglar’s humors disagrees with the wood from the cage he is in.

Don’t these dwarves know anything about matching humors to surroundings? I suppose it’s best to leave him in there, unless I get a sign otherwise.

I'm so, so sorry this took so long, everyone, and I can't really make any promises that the next update will be much quicker. Should I hand off the save now?

But regardless, notes: The "haul goods to depot" screen SAID there was nothing pending, but as soon as I was done with the trading I notived dwarves carrying more food to the depot...

I didn't realize Zuglar was still caged until I got the berserk announcement. I thought he'd been chained or something for production order and once his sentence was up had been released on his own. I don't know what triggered it, either.

Tis' all the latest rage in fashion nowadays, runnin' round in the nuddie beneath a steel shirt. Or so I've been told.

He wasn't even wearing the armor, he was hauling it.
Stuff I run:
Icehold(Second Thread)
Parallel Fortresses

Zuglarkun

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:MAKE_MEGA CONSTRUCTION:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: May 02, 2016, 04:29:55 am »

I didn't realize Zuglar was still caged until I got the berserk announcement. I thought he'd been chained or something for production order and once his sentence was up had been released on his own. I don't know what triggered it, either.

When the King means to imprison someone for subservience, the King does not mess around.
Ah well, a fitting fate for lawbreakers like so. Let this be a lesson to all not to cross the King's rule!

Redorf me as Ivomotad and set the fella to the farms if you will.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: May 02, 2016, 10:06:03 am »

ledger totals so far

DDDragoni - Year 9
166 food; 2,344 drinks - Elven Caravan
758 food; 10,195 drinks - Human Caravan
(yes, that's 10k+ drinks)

Spoiler: Human Caravan (click to show/hide)

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: May 08, 2016, 02:18:13 pm »

Imthink that this is dying. Or dead. One of the two.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

DDDragoni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: May 08, 2016, 09:56:56 pm »

Imthink that this is dying. Or dead. One of the two.

It's not dead, I just haven't had enough time to actually get a full season in. I've been snatching moments whenever I can. And I offered to give up the save but no one said anything
Stuff I run:
Icehold(Second Thread)
Parallel Fortresses

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: May 22, 2016, 07:16:20 am »

The Tragedy of Breadbowl
*Saunters into the Hall of Legends.*
*Trips on the doorstep, chokes and dies.*

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: May 22, 2016, 12:37:08 pm »

I read through the whole thread in these past two days. Give me a turn and a dwarf named Flame who likes some kind of demon. Barring that, a butcher. I have plans.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: May 23, 2016, 09:26:00 am »

I for one appreciate the updates, sparse as they may be. If you think you'll be on this for say the next month, it may be wiser to pass on the save. It all comes down to how you envision your schedule in the uocoming weeks. We could ask around and see if the next player is active and ready to take over, otherwise... just hold on to it.

Also... that cyclop took a -lot- of deadly blows to the head.
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 105