Start from scratch for YG-lite
- 3 (9.1%)
Do both
- 5 (15.2%)
Do both
- 2 (6.1%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 241

Author Topic: Ye Gods 2 OOC [31/137] [Sign-ups go here]  (Read 231618 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods 2 OOC (~12-36h to launch) [20/137]
« Reply #180 on: August 18, 2015, 06:42:03 pm »

For example, Telepathy can only read someone's mind, not build a mountain or smite an entire civilisation.
In YG1, I had my god start a kind of tournament where prominent mages could come and show off their magic in exchange for cash or some other prize. The reason was to reward the usage of magic (which was powered by souls and my god was the goddess of Souls). Apparently, it was possible to create a sea of lava without the use of Essence, preparation, tools, assistance, etc.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 06:46:20 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: August 18, 2015, 06:47:49 pm »

For example, Telepathy can only read someone's mind, not build a mountain or smite an entire civilisation.
In YG1, I had my god start a kind of tournament where prominent mages could come and show off their magic in exchange for cash or some other prize. The reason was to reward the usage of magic (which was powered by souls and my god was the goddess of Souls). Apparently, it was possible to create a sea of lava without the use of Essence, preparation, tools, assistance, etc.

1. Those two thoughts seem completely and utterly unrelated to each other.

2. What makes you think that?
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: August 18, 2015, 06:51:33 pm »

That was the previous game, though. We've been discussing what the rules should be for the next one in this thread and the old OOC thread. If we were going to use the old ones, we'd have started already.

Not sure if your sea of lava was in reference to being done by magic or Essence, but in the second post of this thread, KJP made mention of one 0-cost action as flooding an entire region, though failed to specify a liquid... so you can likely still do that.

Gods have Essence, mortals have magic, is basically what I think KJP is trying to establish. A god can claim a school of magic (also in the second post of the thread) and can set rules of its use, though.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: August 18, 2015, 06:59:36 pm »

I would generally think that "using magic" for us would essentially just be the equivalent of us performing an action that requires no essence. I might even go as far as to say that our zero essence actions are probably more powerful than most forms of magic.

For example, "Creating relatively mundane animals" and "Creating relatively mundane plants" are all listed as zero essence actions. Don't you think that type of thing could only be accomplished by rather high tier magic if at all? I don't think we'll see many mortals running around using magic to create life.

I tend to think of it this way. Magic is created by essence and thus it would make sense that magic is inferior in all ways to essence use. There is really no reason any god would want or need to use magic because even our base actions are probably more potent than any magic that can be accomplished by a single mortal. The only possible reason a god might want to use magic is if they were posing as a mortal for some reason.

Advanced magic that might be equivalent to say... the use of 1 essence is probably only possible with massive numbers of mages. A single god would need to use 1 essence to do such an action because using that single essence is equivalent to the combined efforts of a massive amount of mortals.

Edit: Ninja'd a bit.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: August 18, 2015, 07:19:48 pm »

Not sure if your sea of lava was in reference to being done by magic or Essence
It was done using magic by an ordinary human. He didn't have hours to prepare a ritual, he didn't have a wand or some kind of artifact to help him, he wasn't aided by another mage, and he most certainly didn't have Essence to help him.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: August 18, 2015, 07:24:52 pm »

Not sure if your sea of lava was in reference to being done by magic or Essence
It was done using magic by an ordinary human. He didn't have hours to prepare a ritual, he didn't have a wand or some kind of artifact to help him, he wasn't aided by another mage, and he most certainly didn't have Essence to help him.

Old rules, then. I seriously doubt KJP would be willing to do that in YG2.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: August 18, 2015, 07:36:55 pm »

There were some increadibly strong mages in YG. One managed to cause a permanent wound to one of my angels in DB plane.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: August 18, 2015, 07:37:23 pm »

Anyone know when we'll start?
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: August 18, 2015, 07:43:52 pm »

"12-36 hours till start".
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #189 on: August 18, 2015, 07:51:34 pm »

Is there any way to unlock a topic save bringing it to Toady's attention?

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
Re: Ye Gods 2 OOC (~0-24h to launch) [20/137]
« Reply #190 on: August 18, 2015, 07:55:40 pm »

I'm pretty sure the OP can unlock a topic they locked. You might have to wait a while before you can unlock it after locking it, but that is pure speculation. I have never locked a topic.
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: August 18, 2015, 07:56:17 pm »

You can unlock a topic whenever you want.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: August 18, 2015, 07:57:38 pm »

Can someone explain the stats?
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: August 18, 2015, 07:58:35 pm »

Check the OP, tntey.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: August 18, 2015, 08:00:28 pm »

KJP started the IC thread :o

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 241