Start from scratch for YG-lite
- 3 (9.1%)
Do both
- 5 (15.2%)
Do both
- 2 (6.1%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 241

Author Topic: Ye Gods 2 OOC [31/137] [Sign-ups go here]  (Read 232495 times)

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods 2 OOC (~24h to full launch) [22/137] [Sign-ups go here]
« Reply #435 on: August 20, 2015, 12:06:29 am »

$$$
Sheol as described in IC.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: August 20, 2015, 12:10:36 am »

Spoiler: Illicits Current ideas (click to show/hide)

*Sigh* In the end, to keep my OP Gang, It looks like I will have to make sacrifices. Instead of cutting corners, I think I will try making some more Downgrades with hopes of lowering the price.

$$$
Situational: Powers only activate under certain conditions. Example: As long as Thorn is smoking a cigar, he has all of his abilities. If he is not, he is no more powerful then a normal immortal Mortal.

Hydrophobic: If creatures so much as touches a reasonably sized body of water (Larger than a bathtub, with pool-sized being the prefered minimum), they freeze like a stone and are incapable of acting normally until removed from the situation.

Magic-Blocked: Creature is incapable of casting any sort of magic.

Weak to fire: The creature is particularly weak to being set on fire, going up in flames like charcoal.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: August 20, 2015, 12:15:14 am »

$$$
Price check on creating an incorporeal dimension
Price check on creating a corporeal dimension
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: August 20, 2015, 12:24:09 am »

$$$PRICECHECK
On a slightly more reasonable system of planet generation that will have number of planets one vote only, and then a list of biospheres, choose any, which will be distributed across however many planets we end up with.
Heck, just do that in general please.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: August 20, 2015, 12:27:33 am »

I just realised that there are no defined limits on when a constellation is active. All of them will be active at the same time!
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: August 20, 2015, 12:31:17 am »

Well, it's not as if the stars are going anywhere. The magic they have isn't defined yet (don't assume, Andres), so they could just as well work only when invoked by mortals. Or something.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: August 20, 2015, 12:33:02 am »

Well, it's not as if the stars are going anywhere. The magic they have isn't defined yet (don't assume, Andres), so they could just as well work only when invoked by mortals. Or something.

We could always look to see how KJP did constellations in the past. It is probably the same system as Ye Gods Original.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: August 20, 2015, 12:36:55 am »

New game, new rules. It doesn't have to be that way.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: August 20, 2015, 01:53:48 am »

(You missed by edit concerning the constellations I made. I replaced the Hammer with the Heart. See here.)
--
If the constellations don't automatically overlap over all the other constellations, do this:
Mörkö might have added the Hammer back in as it was mentioned with the Sickle. Also, by 'overlap', I meant, as a joke, that they literally overlap in the night sky, forming the Soviet symbol. Apparently it wasn't obvious enough.

Also, I'm curious as to how The Cataclysm and The Realist can be drawn with only stars and lines.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 01:55:26 am by IcyTea31 »

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #444 on: August 20, 2015, 01:57:25 am »

Andres: Gods beating up animals: It's not something I thought to make into a proper mechanic. To be fair, humans beat up humans in fistfights a lot too :P

Constellations: I tend to think they're supposed to be similar to our various zodiacs, which were invariably on the ecliptic (basically what you get if you paint in Earth's plane of orbit all the way to infinity and look at it from Earth) at some point, and the reason they have any significance at all is that they are up separately and contain few ideas/things each, but that's up to how the players want to handle it.

Drawing The Cataclysm and The Realist with only stars and lines: Potential art contest? ;D

$$$Response
Andres:
Sphere-sealing: Nope, everyone would start doing it and making it into a big hassle if it costs even a tiny bit less than what they get back.
Incorporeal dimension, corporeal dimension:

micelus:
Sheol as desecribed: Close enough to a basic afterlife only connected to those who allow it (0E)

Stirk:
CIgar of Power <0.7>: Allows access to powers only while smoking a lit cigar without which creation is a normal member of the generic immortal/mortal race
Hydrophobic (/rabid) <0.1>: Leads to death in a fortnight from creation
Aquaphobic+1 <0.9>: Causes petrification while in contact with a continuous volume of water at least one Olympic-size swimming pool large (2500000L/~600000gal)
Aquaphobic+2 <0.8>: Causes petrification while in contact with a continuous volume of water at least one-tenth of a Olympic-size swimming pool large (250000L/~60000gal)
Aquaphobic+3 <0.7>: Causes petrification while in contact with a continuous volume of water at least about TEU large
Aquaphobic+4 <0.6>: Causes petrification while in contact with a continuous volume of water at least one tall refrigerator large
Aquaphobic+5 <0.5>: Causes petrification while in contact with a continuous man-sized volume of water
Aquaphobic+7 <0.4>: Causes petrification while in contact with a continuous gallon/4L-sized volume of water
Unmagical <0.7>: Creature cannot use any magic
Weak to fire <0.6>: Creation takes to fire like a house to a landslide

TheBiggerFish: 0E, Number of planets is on the IC poll now. I'll put the rest in my other threads and link to them on IC. I'll try doing something similar for similar creations.

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #445 on: August 20, 2015, 02:06:25 am »

There is currently a poll to determine the environment of the first planet at the old OOC: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=144704

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: August 20, 2015, 02:15:47 am »

$$$Response
Andres:
Sphere-sealing: Nope, everyone would start doing it and making it into a big hassle if it costs even a tiny bit less than what they get back.
Incorporeal dimension, corporeal dimension:
Damn. There goes my dream of becoming a Super Saiyan Angel God. :P

You forgot to price check the dimensions.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 02:18:58 am by Andres »

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #447 on: August 20, 2015, 03:21:36 am »

Unlike in YG0, there is no longer a fundamental difference between incorporeal and corporeal planes. Prices are as follows:

Plane: 10E base, 2E base if connected to an existing plane (afterlives(/planes of the 0E kind) of any kind do not count)
Spoiler: Plane traits (click to show/hide)
A new planes pricing policy has been introduced

$$$Response
Planes: 10E from scratch, 2E to an existing plane

ADDIT: The current poll has ended
 What technological age should the game start at?

Stone age    - 7 (23.3%)
Bronze age    - 8 (26.7%)
Iron age    - 8 (26.7%)

Middle Ages    - 6 (20%)
Renaissance    - 1 (3.3%)

Civilization will begin somewhere between the late Bronze Age and the early Iron Age

ADDIT: Added Feromancy, stacks ?.??, mirrors Plasmamancy (1/2 free schools used)
« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 03:32:49 am by Kilojoule Proton »

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: August 20, 2015, 03:44:10 am »

Exactly where I wanted tech to be :D
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: August 20, 2015, 03:46:34 am »

10E for a plane that anyone can get into just by trying seems a bit much. I mean come on, getting into another plane of existence should at least require excellent magic.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 241