Start from scratch for YG-lite
- 3 (9.1%)
Do both
- 5 (15.2%)
Do both
- 2 (6.1%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 241

Author Topic: Ye Gods 2 OOC [31/137] [Sign-ups go here]  (Read 231649 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods 2 OOC (~24h to T2) [22/137] [Sign-ups go here]
« Reply #765 on: August 21, 2015, 10:03:05 pm »

I don't know, maybe some loyalty, magic, etc. Maybe the power of an angel without the loyalty. I honestly don't know. It's why I'm asking.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: August 21, 2015, 10:04:11 pm »

I don't know, maybe some loyalty, magic, etc. Maybe the power of an angel without the loyalty. I honestly don't know. It's why I'm asking.

Well it is your job to describe what a half-angel is in the first place....
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: August 21, 2015, 10:05:39 pm »

When an angel and a Human love each-other very much, a half-angel is made. Aside from that, I have no idea what the results would be. It's not like I'd be creating something in that event.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: August 21, 2015, 10:12:14 pm »

When an angel and a Human love each-other very much, a half-angel is made. Aside from that, I have no idea what the results would be. It's not like I'd be creating something in that event.

But you where asking about creating a half-Angel half human hybrid.

An Angel is technically anything with a [Divine] tag, like I said. And not everything with that tag is an Angel. What you seem to be doing is penny pinching again. Why even bother asking what someone else would pay for it alone?

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: August 21, 2015, 10:19:52 pm »

An Angel is technically anything with a [Divine] tag, like I said. And not everything with that tag is an Angel. What you seem to cost doing is penny pinching again. Why even bother asking what someone else would pay for it alone?
I guess I wasn't clear. I don't know what the hybrid's traits would be and so my intention was to ask about it and then price check on how much it would be to recreate that hybrid.

An angel is NOT anything with a [Divine] tag. It also has Loyalty+10, Unique, and unless I'm mistaken, is also a fair bit more powerful than a mortal. A prophet would also have Divine (or something like it) but still be different from an angel. As for penny pinching, how could I even do that? I don't know anything about the current price of a thing I know nothing about. I want to know what it would cost for someone else only so I know how much it costs without discounts. There's no devious motive behind it.

Is it possible to buy traits for gods? For example, if I wanted to counter Lupin's Undetectable trait, could I buy some kind of trait that would let me do so? It would be kind of annoying to have to spend Flux every time I wanted to find Lupin. It's true that I could make an angel to find him but then I wouldn't get the chance to kill him on my own.

Just for the record, I'm only using Lupin as an example. I have no reason to kill any of Don Giovanni's creations.

To avoid assumptions, are angels more powerful than mortals assuming they couldn't use 0-energy actions?

EDIT:
....What...Do you not know what Min/Maxing and powergaming are?
Minmaxing is when you get low stats in one area so you can get really high stats in others. It's also when you give your creations or characters stupid weaknesses so they can get more powerful in worthwhile areas. (Example: Removing the ability to intentionally wink for +1 aim)

Powergaming is when you have your character do stuff to make him more powerful.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 10:28:45 pm by Andres »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: August 21, 2015, 10:30:57 pm »

An Angel is technically anything with a [Divine] tag, like I said. And not everything with that tag is an Angel. What you seem to cost doing is penny pinching again. Why even bother asking what someone else would pay for it alone?
I guess I wasn't clear. I don't know what the hybrid's traits would be and so my intention was to ask about it and then price check on how much it would be to recreate that hybrid.

An angel is NOT anything with a [Divine] tag. It also has Loyalty+10, Unique, and unless I'm mistaken, is also a fair bit more powerful than a mortal. A prophet would also have Divine but still be different from an angel. As for penny pinching, how could I even do that? I don't know anything about the current price of a thing I know nothing about. I want to know what it would cost for someone else only so I know how much it costs without discounts. There's no devious motive behind it.

Is it possible to buy traits for gods? For example, if I wanted to counter Lupin's Undetectable trait, could I buy some kind of trait that would let me do so? It would be kind of annoying to have to spend Flux every time I wanted to find Lupin. It's true I could make an angel to find him but then I wouldn't get the chance to kill him on my own.

Just for the record, I'm only using Lupin as an example. I have no reason to kill any of Don Giovanni's creations.

Loyalty and Unique are part of the Angel template, but things do not have to follow the Template exactly to be considered an Angel by non-sphere things. If somebody made an entire race of Angels exactly the same as yours, loosing the [Unique] tag, would that really not make them "real" Angels? Likewise, if an Angel was made specifically to be disobedient, taking [Loyalty -10], would it really be different enough in form to not be an Angel at all?

Your kind of penny pinching by attempting to put your sphere into everything, while attempting to get the biggest discount possible. If you had to, you could always just ask for the base price.

And like I said before, you are supposed to design things, not KJP.  If you want to make a Half-Angel Template, with [Loyalty +5], [Semi-Devine (Weaker sphere abilities, 50% resurrection chance, reduced-cost Godly actions)], and [Unique] nobody is stopping you. You are allowed to make up traits...

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: August 21, 2015, 10:43:10 pm »

I don't know how much creating a half-angel would cost, but procreating a theoretically unlimited amount of them would cost 20% of the angel's price, to give it the USB trait. No comment on what their traits or abilities would be.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: August 21, 2015, 10:49:24 pm »

If somebody made an entire race of Angels exactly the same as yours, loosing the [Unique] tag, would that really not make them "real" Angels?
Oh sh*t I can actually do that! I can get 20 angels for the price of 2 just by dropping the x10 multiplier that is the Unique trait! If only doing this wouldn't label me a cheapskate and result in me getting banned from Ye Gods.

Loyalty and Unique are part of the Angel template, but things do not have to follow the Template exactly to be considered an Angel by non-sphere things. If somebody made an entire race of Angels exactly the same as yours, loosing the [Unique] tag, would that really not make them "real" Angels? Likewise, if an Angel was made specifically to be disobedient, taking [Loyalty -10], would it really be different enough in form to not be an Angel at all?
Yeah, I guess you have a point there. But still, a prophet would have the Divine trait but it definitely wouldn't be an angel, so simply having the Divine trait doesn't designate a being as an angel. In this case, what separates a prophet from an angel?

Your kind of penny pinching by attempting to put your sphere into everything, while attempting to get the biggest discount possible. If you had to, you could always just ask for the base price.
Labelling Humans as angels just to get a discount is penny pinching (and it was pretty much a joke, anyway). Getting low-level enforcers more powerful and expensive than Humans but less powerful and less expensive than angels is not. It's like saying that trying to get a medium tank is penny pinching because heavy tanks already exist and you should only get either them or light tanks. Please tell me if I'm misunderstanding what you're saying. I really hope I didn't make a strawman there. Also, by asking what it would cost for an unrelated cost I did ask for the base price.

And like I said before, you are supposed to design things, not KJP.  If you want to make a Half-Angel Template, with [Loyalty +5], [Semi-Devine (Weaker sphere abilities, 50% resurrection chance, reduced-cost Godly actions)], and [Unique] nobody is stopping you. You are allowed to make up traits...
I remember someone in Ye Gods 1 was 5/8ths a Weapon or something. Did you design that or did KJP? I could design my own hybrid easily enough but I also want to know what traits a natural hybrid has.

I don't know how much creating a half-angel would cost, but procreating a theoretically unlimited amount of them would cost 20% of the angel's price, to give it the USB trait. No comment on what their traits or abilities would be.
Ah yes, the USB trait. That reminds me...

Do angels require the USB trait to procreate with non-angels? Also, is the USB trait strictly to allow the creation of offspring from two similar species or is it to allow the creation of fertile offspring from two similar species? Humans and High Elves don't have USB, but is it possible for them to procreate an give birth to infertile offspring? It would be similar to how mules are made from horses and donkeys.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 10:52:34 pm by Andres »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: August 21, 2015, 10:54:02 pm »

USB?

E: USB, apparently.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: August 21, 2015, 10:54:48 pm »

Lets organisms with a similar body plan breed (successfully?) with each other, thus the name.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: August 21, 2015, 10:55:29 pm »

Let's organisms with a similar body plan breed (successfully?) with each other, thus the name.
Oh, I get the acronym now.  I think.  Maybe.  Is it even?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: August 21, 2015, 10:58:33 pm »

Universal Serial Bus. Nothing lewd unless you really want to think about mortals bussing their serials.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: August 21, 2015, 10:59:43 pm »

Universal Serial Bus. Nothing lewd unless you really want to think about mortals bussing their serials.
Ahem.
Eh.
Either way.
MOVING ON!
Sigtext

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: August 21, 2015, 10:59:57 pm »

Lets organisms with a similar body plan breed (successfully?) with each other, thus the name.
How much would it cost for a mule version of USB, then?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: August 21, 2015, 11:00:08 pm »

Oh sh*t I can actually do that! I can get 20 angels for the price of 2 just by dropping the x10 multiplier that is the Unique trait! If only doing this wouldn't label me a cheapskate and result in me getting banned from Ye Gods.

With just the normal Angel-Template minus the Unique trait, they are basically normal humans with a special form of resurrection and the other abilities Divine gives them. An entire race of them wouldn't be much stronger than a normal race, for most intents and purposes.

Yeah, I guess you have a point there. But still, a prophet would have the Divine trait but it definitely wouldn't be an angel, so simply having the Divine trait doesn't designate a being as an angel. In this case, what separates a prophet from an angel?

Like I said, Angels are just a label you can slap on everything. If someone gave a Prophet Loyalty+10 and the Unique trait, would he automatically become an Angel, even if nothing else changed?

Labelling Humans as angels just to get a discount is penny pinching (and it was pretty much a joke, anyway). Getting low-level enforcers more powerful and expensive than Humans but less powerful and less expensive than angels is not. It's like saying that trying to get a medium tank is penny pinching because heavy tanks already exist and you should only get either them or light tanks.

...This is the min/maxing I was talking about earlier, in a form.

Lets look at it this way: What makes an Angel different from a Human? The [Divine] and [Unique] are all that matter in terms of "power". Without those, they are just loyal mortals. With them, they have a bit more power. Not a lot, like you seem to think, but a bit. How would you manage to make halfway between them?

I remember someone in Ye Gods 1 was 5/8ths a Weapon or something. Did you design that or did KJP? I could design my own hybrid easily enough but I also want to know what traits a natural hybrid has.

Kinda/sorta KJP, but he based it off of the rules of the Lumanee who where able to propagate with any race. That included the Seppo, who where Weapon Spirits. One thing lead to another, and you have part-weapon people.

Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 241