Start from scratch for YG-lite
- 3 (9.1%)
Do both
- 5 (15.2%)
Do both
- 2 (6.1%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 241

Author Topic: Ye Gods 2 OOC [31/137] [Sign-ups go here]  (Read 231612 times)

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods 2 OOC (~24h to T2) [22/137] [Sign-ups go here]
« Reply #795 on: August 21, 2015, 11:34:08 pm »

I'm actually fine with min-maxed creations. The 'min'-part of it almost always leaves exploitable weaknesses, meaning such creations are actually easier to defeat than balanced ones.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: August 21, 2015, 11:34:25 pm »

Ahem.  Stirk.  Where indicates a place.  Were indicates the past.

Oh shush, Grammar Hitler :P you knew what was meant, that's the point!
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: August 21, 2015, 11:35:29 pm »

Incorrect. Were is a wolf, silly.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: August 21, 2015, 11:35:45 pm »

What is a munchkin anyway, in this context?
I thought I knew what one was until I looked it up to tell you, but it seems I was wrong. I still disagree with Kevak calling me a munchkin. A munchkin basically someone who only cares about the crunch in a game - the gameplay. He doesn't care about RP or story. Kevak called me one because I wanted to know what traits a half angel would get and how much it would cost.

You aren't, though, Andres. You're looking for every possible advantage, in such a way so you can game the system to 'win'.
I want to know about a thing that's a fair bit relevant to my sphere, that being angel hybrids. It's not exactly "doing anything I can to win". Also, those not 0-energy actions wouldn't have helped at all to win the game. I just did it because both me and my god want to know what gods can do. When even 0-energy actions get involved, mundane actions are nothing.

That, plus the whole 'humans being called angels to get discount' thing.
That was a joke. More specifically, it was a reference to a comic submitted by KJP in YG1.

Incorrect. Were is a wolf, silly.
Were is man, actually. Werewolf translates to manwolf, which makes sense. Wolfwolf doesn't make sense.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: August 21, 2015, 11:36:51 pm »

Oh shush, Grammar Hitler :P you knew what was meant, that's the point!
Godwin's Law.

Also, it's USAGE, not grammar.

*ting*

Right, I have to departate.  See you folks later.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: August 21, 2015, 11:37:58 pm »

I got the impression you just wanted to make yourself a giant city, regardless of the actual mechanical benefits.
That is true, but I also didn't realize how much I'd be getting. I'd thought at first that I'd get a total of 18 Ichor Capacity afterwards. So I'm gaining twice as much as I thought I would. If it'll be possible to even have a Flux capacity if it gets reduced to 0, I'll probably do the 30 Ichor Capacity thing, in part because I plan on using it up eventually whilst creating secondary cities/demigods.

EVERY CITY SHALL BE ALIVE AND OVERLY LARGE, AHAHAHAHAHAHA
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: August 21, 2015, 11:38:53 pm »

Godwin's Law.

Also, it's USAGE, not grammar.

*ting*

Pedant.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: August 21, 2015, 11:42:18 pm »

I'd say something in regards to wanting to do something that has little mechanical benefit, but that would be telling.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: August 21, 2015, 11:43:13 pm »

Well, the difficult part is, that if you're a machine, everything has a mechanical benefit. :D

No? Too far?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: August 21, 2015, 11:44:38 pm »

That might be a better term. I guess there are plenty of negative traits you could add if you really wanted to minmax, I was more stating with your general philosophy of getting the absolute most powerful thing you can for the cheapest you can.
I haven't been doing it that much in this game, actually. The only time I can think I did it was when I designed Humans and that was only to make them different enough so you and RPG wouldn't complain. :P Also so I could give one of my creations an affinity to the magic I created.

Tykki was able to destroy armies in a single attack, though I only got to try that out on one city....)
So could my archangels when they fused. Never got to do so either, but they could definitely blow up a city in their fused form.

EDIT: Hey KJP, did my civilisation advancement-boosting aspect count as an affinity or can I still make Lolohe good at something else?
« Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 11:46:19 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: August 21, 2015, 11:46:02 pm »

I think the point is that you've been doing it Andres, not that you've done it less than you did in the last game...

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: August 21, 2015, 11:46:49 pm »

I think the point is that you've been doing it Andres, not that you've done it less than you did in the last game...
No one complained about how I designed Humans, not even in this discussion.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: August 21, 2015, 11:47:13 pm »

I thought I knew what one was until I looked it up to tell you, but it seems I was wrong. I still disagree with Kevak calling me a munchkin. A munchkin basically someone who only cares about the crunch in a game - the gameplay. He doesn't care about RP or story. Kevak called me one because I wanted to know what traits a half angel would get and how much it would cost.

A bit closer, but it has more connotations of "Cares about crunch in gameplay to "win" at any cost", with the latter part being more important in the annoyance factor. The TV tropes link on it is entertaining~.

I want to know about a thing that's a fair bit relevant to my sphere, that being angel hybrids. It's not exactly "doing anything I can to win". Also, those not 0-energy actions wouldn't have helped at all to win the game. I just did it because both me and my god want to know what gods can do. When even 0-energy actions get involved, mundane actions are nothing.

Your looking for a way to make:
In my mind, a hybrid would be an ultra-powerful Human while an angel would be something in a league of its own.

to restate, an "Ultra Powerful human" for cheap. Basically looking for the biggest power you can get for the cheapest. I understand that it falls under your sphere, but you should understand that the "Angel" sphere is kinda munchkinny, especially since you believe Angels are in a league of their own. I still don't understand why you just don't define what "Half-Angels" are yourself  :-\.
Were is man, actually. Werewolf translates to manwolf, which makes sense. Wolfwolf doesn't make sense.

Man is on Earth, silly. Try looking in the mirror.

I got the impression you just wanted to make yourself a giant city, regardless of the actual mechanical benefits.
That is true, but I also didn't realize how much I'd be getting. I'd thought at first that I'd get a total of 18 Ichor Capacity afterwards. So I'm gaining twice as much as I thought I would. If it'll be possible to even have a Flux capacity if it gets reduced to 0, I'll probably do the 30 Ichor Capacity thing, in part because I plan on using it up eventually whilst creating secondary cities/demigods.

EVERY CITY SHALL BE ALIVE AND OVERLY LARGE, AHAHAHAHAHAHA

Getting more than you thought you would is almost the exact opposite of being a min/maxer  :-\. One must wonder what happens to that Ichor if you turn back...

So could my archangels when they fused. Never got to do so either, but they could definitely blow up a city in their fused form.

I remember murdelating them during the explosion, after they fought a not-too impressive battle. Am I thinking of the wrong ones, or did you make more?
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: August 21, 2015, 11:49:26 pm »

No one complained about how I designed Humans, not even in this discussion.

That's because you created them for worship-bait, presumably. Anyone could do the same, just replace human with <customracename>.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: August 21, 2015, 11:53:25 pm »

Your looking for a way to make:
In my mind, a hybrid would be an ultra-powerful Human while an angel would be something in a league of its own.

to restate, an "Ultra Powerful human" for cheap. Basically looking for the biggest power you can get for the cheapest. I understand that it falls under your sphere, but you should understand that the "Angel" sphere is kinda munchkinny, especially since you believe Angels are in a league of their own.
I'm not trying to make them for cheap. I'm just trying to make them. My sphere would give me a 10% discount at most. What I'm trying to do is make something cheaper and less powerful than angels but more powerful and expensive than Humans. Price-per-point, angels would be better because I get a full 15% discount when making them. Besides, Humans are better for worship because they provide the same Essence and they're a lot cheaper to make.

I remember murdelating them during the explosion, after they fought a not-too impressive battle. Am I thinking of the wrong ones, or did you make more?
When was this, again? They've been in more than just one battle. They've also died more than once too.
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 241