Start from scratch for YG-lite
- 3 (9.1%)
Do both
- 5 (15.2%)
Do both
- 2 (6.1%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 241

Author Topic: Ye Gods 2 OOC [31/137] [Sign-ups go here]  (Read 231582 times)

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods 2 OOC (~24h to T2) [23/137] [Sign-ups go here]
« Reply #1155 on: August 25, 2015, 09:26:53 am »

Anyone know how mortals with the godslaying trait works? Does that mean they can kill mortals with their bare hands?
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: August 25, 2015, 09:27:28 am »

So I can make around 45 I guess? Man, that's brutal. I guess I could drop some of the more... unnecessary elements. I wanted them to be silly durable though.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: August 25, 2015, 09:36:36 am »

Wait, how would you make 45? You only have so much Essence and Ichor. Like, enough for maybe 25 and you die in the process.

You could just switch some stuff around, think about what's really necessary. Extremophile, for example, probably isn't that necessary. Earns Experience, too. Disease Resistance could be lowered a point or two, and you could increase Protection to +3 or +4.

But yes, things get expensive quickly. :P

You could always turn yourself into a giant tree and/or forest.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: August 25, 2015, 09:39:44 am »

Anyone know how mortals with the godslaying trait works? Does that mean they can kill mortals with their bare hands?

Don't know, I am interested myself.

So I can make around 45 I guess? Man, that's brutal. I guess I could drop some of the more... unnecessary elements. I wanted them to be silly durable though.

You have 10 essence and 10 Ichor. So no?

Wait, how would you make 45? You only have so much Essence and Ichor. Like, enough for maybe 25 and you die in the process.

You could just switch some stuff around, think about what's really necessary. Extremophile, for example, probably isn't that necessary. Earns Experience, too. Disease Resistance could be lowered a point or two, and you could increase Protection to +3 or +4.

He is planning on the tree thing.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: August 25, 2015, 09:44:44 am »

I'm already doing that. So I have ~30 ichor to play around with. I've already made several substractions, though my priorities are obviously a little different from yours. Due to resurrective immortality, the stuff like protection and disease resistance was really just window dressing because I didn't want my trees to get hurt. But there's a problem.

Evertree Math:
.001 +1.2 [Charismatic+2] +2.8 [Extremophile+3] +5 [Earns Experience] +2.9 [Disease Resistance+4] +1.2 [Protection+2]) x2 [Magic resistance+4] x0.6 [Speed-2]  x0.5 [Unworshipful] x0.6 [Intelligence-2] x2 [Fruitful+5] x1.2 [Fireproof] x1.2 [Teleport+1 (1/day)] x1.6 [Size+6] x5 [Will Be Back]) Focus[Propagation]= ~.808E per individual. ~8.1E for 10

(Sphere discount will be ~5 to 15%, if I remember correctly, as a guise.)
I have no idea how you're getting the figure 0.808E per individual with the math as shown.

You have 10 essence and 10 Ichor. So no?
30 ichor if I'm reading how the process of turning into a giant tree works correctly.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: August 25, 2015, 09:49:40 am »

I have no idea how you're getting the figure 0.808E per individual with the math as shown.

I multiply the amounts, the ones you put in front of the brackets. Actual math is:

.001*1.2*2.8*5*2.9*1.2*2*.6*.5*2*1.2*1.2*1.6*5

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: August 25, 2015, 09:51:14 am »

So all the numbers get multiplied? Oooh. Why did some numbers on the traits list have multiplication signs and other didn't. Confusing lol, made me think some just added while others multiplied. Brutal.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 09:55:01 am by Demonic Spoon »

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: August 25, 2015, 10:11:52 am »

Oh, Stirk, each constellation is actually worth like 1E, it's the cooperation discount that reduced it to 0.15E.

EDIT: And, IcyTea, I think I basically understand what your character is saying...but I have no real idea what it means, for half of it. It came two tics sun, and it well tesselates?
« Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 10:20:19 am by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: August 25, 2015, 10:22:08 am »

"ſurely gou underſtand gour blocs muſt creat unbroken rows? Gou ſhud ſee the ƿork mæd ƿyÞ Þe aid of Zhìn Réng Jiāng. It cæm tƿo tics ſun and it ƿel teſſelæts, it all ƿorcin to Zhìn Réng Jiāng's ſiti plän...and no, Þis ƿorcs not. I guſt ƿanted to goin Þe referens, but I cannot ſæ gou ar not ƿorcin ƿel, iven compærd to Zhìn Réng Jiāng. And Þe ſiti cæm ƿyÞ mäni træd-offs, ſo it is not ſo gud æÞer."

The Don silently hands the Rod of Speaking Like Normal to this man

((...But I do feel sorry for people who don't speak English as a first language. This is definitely hard to read. Maybe you could back-off to Shakespeare era English? Still recognizable, but old-sounding. I personally gave up half way through the silly letters..Mostly because I have a class coming up and no clue where you where going.))
((I do speak English and I have no clue what half of those words actually are.))
Fine, I'll add transcriptions to the posts. It's just so fun that the speech would be very much intelligible if heard and not read.

EDIT: And, IcyTea, I think I basically understand what your character is saying...but I have no real idea what it means, for half of it. It came two tics sun, and it well tesselates?
Watch this and you'll understand: https://youtu.be/hWTFG3J1CP8
« Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 10:27:20 am by IcyTea31 »
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: August 25, 2015, 10:24:08 am »

Oh, Stirk, each constellation is actually worth like 1E, it's the cooperation discount that reduced it to 0.15E.

Is the defense trait similar to the protection trait? If so, what is the difference exactly? The defense trait's description is a bit vague...

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: August 25, 2015, 10:25:26 am »

I would say don't add transciptions, personally. Post in OOC, maybe, but if you keep with it we'll get used to it and come to be able to read it. I can read it half-decently already, but I just have difficulty understanding what Morko is saying, other than becoming a city being not the way to go for them?

And Demonic Spoon, no, think of it this way.

Protection gives 'armor'. Defense gives 'skill'. Defense allows the creation to actively defend themselves more effectively. Protection gives them a covering.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: August 25, 2015, 10:26:35 am »

"ſurely gou underſtand gour blocs muſt creat unbroken rows? Gou ſhud ſee the ƿork mæd ƿyÞ Þe aid of Zhìn Réng Jiāng. It cæm tƿo tics ſun and it ƿel teſſelæts, it all ƿorcin to Zhìn Réng Jiāng's ſiti plän...and no, Þis ƿorcs not. I guſt ƿanted to goin Þe referens, but I cannot ſæ gou ar not ƿorcin ƿel, iven compærd to Zhìn Réng Jiāng. And Þe ſiti cæm ƿyÞ mäni træd-offs, ſo it is not ſo gud æÞer."

The Don silently hands the Rod of Speaking Like Normal to this man

((...But I do feel sorry for people who don't speak English as a first language. This is definitely hard to read. Maybe you could back-off to Shakespeare era English? Still recognizable, but old-sounding. I personally gave up half way through the silly letters..Mostly because I have a class coming up and no clue where you where going.))
((I do speak English and I have no clue what half of those words actually are.))
Fine, I'll add transcriptions to the posts. It's just so fun that the speech would be very much intelligible if heard and not read.

But we have to read it to understand it :P

I don't want to tell you how to RP your character, but I would like to be able to understand what your character is trying to communicate...
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: August 25, 2015, 11:35:30 am »

Is the defense trait similar to the protection trait? If so, what is the difference exactly? The defense trait's description is a bit vague...

To explain more than the other guy, lets say I shot a crossbow at two creatures. The first has high defense, the second has high Protection.

The High Defense person is walking along, when I fire three shots from the bushes! They dodge the first one, stepping to the side to avoid it. The knock the second away with their sword. They catch the third one. (Note: I am definitely overstating their benefits, and am just doing this for coolness.)

Next, I find a high Protection guy and shoot three shots. The first hits him in the head, bouncing off the massive bone plating over his skull! The second ricochets off the stone in his stomach, while the third is deflected by his chiten legs.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: August 25, 2015, 11:53:16 am »

Got it, thanks!

Mmm, thought I might want to run these two by you guys. For the Evertrees, I'm afraid I might be minmaxing a tad too much, but on the other hand, all I'm really doing is having the trees conform with how I want them to be, that is mostly inanimate trees.

Evertree Math:
[Golden Aspen Derivation] 0.001 [Charismatic+2] <1.2> [Combat-3] <x0.4> [Disease Resistance+4] <2.9> [Earns Experience] <5> [Extremophile+3] <2.8> [Fruitful+5] <2> [Intelligence-1] <0.8> [Pious+2] <2> [Protection+3] <1.3> [Size+6] <1.6> [Speed-2] <0.6> [Strength-1] <0.8> [Teleport+1(1/day)] <1.2> [Will Be Back] <5>; [Affinity(Corpomancy)] <1> [Focus(Propagation)] <1> [Language(Vibrations)] <1>

~0.37 per individual - ? [Sphere Discount]

Thoughts? I've been getting the impression from the IC thread that the Devil has been making a lot of plagues, which is why I ended up keeping disease resistance (in contrast, magic seems to be pretty lowkey at the moment). I'm pretty torn on whether or not to make the trees fireproof. On the one hand, resurrecting from the ashes like a phoenix has some thematic coolness, on the other hand, I don't want my trees to be able to burn (even if only to keep the dirty peasants from using them as firewood. Stupid peasants).

Next is my angel, the arboreal administrator. I meant for him to help more trees grow, sort of like the keeper of the forests, but I'm not sure whether he'd even be effective in that role. In addition, when I first saw it, rulership seemed like the perfect fit for what I wanted for some reason, but that's seeming more and more not to make a lick of sense the more I think about it.
Cost:
[Angel] <0.5> [Charismatic+2] <1.2> [Earns Experience] <5> [Intelligence+2] <1.4> [Rulership+5] <2.5> [Size-4] <0.71> [Speed-1] <0.8> [Affinity(Exousiurgy)] <1>
=~6 Ichor

(I am assuming that Divine allows angels to effectively teleport? Please tell me if this isn't the case)
« Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 12:19:09 pm by Demonic Spoon »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: August 25, 2015, 11:59:04 am »

Hmm...The Evertree looks like it is going to be far too expensive for what you want it to be, assuming you want it to bring in tons of Income (Which you can't use in Giant Tree form anyway), simply due to the fact they have a lot of abilities compared to standard mortals. You are looking at 37E just for a hundred of them.

While we are on the subject of Magic and making your Angel, each God originally got to make two Free magic systems for the game. I am not sure if that is still in place, but if you have an idea you could at least make one IC, probably one to make your Angel more useful in its roll.

Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 241