Start from scratch for YG-lite
- 3 (9.1%)
Do both
- 5 (15.2%)
Do both
- 2 (6.1%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 241

Author Topic: Ye Gods 2 OOC [31/137] [Sign-ups go here]  (Read 232511 times)

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods 2 OOC (~24h to T2) [23/137] [Sign-ups go here]
« Reply #1500 on: September 01, 2015, 04:23:21 am »

Is there an estimate on when tick 5 is going to happen?

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #1501 on: September 01, 2015, 06:13:28 am »

Morthan's gonna get some revenge this tick  :P

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #1502 on: September 01, 2015, 07:08:15 am »

1-2h, I think

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1503 on: September 01, 2015, 07:10:28 am »

Morthan's gonna get some revenge this tick  :P

Did I miss something? ???
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1504 on: September 01, 2015, 12:14:57 pm »

Traits with population numbers specified have not been corrected to have one extra zero.
I'm not sure what this means?

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1505 on: September 01, 2015, 12:20:52 pm »

Traits with population numbers specified have not been corrected to have one extra zero.
I'm not sure what this means?
I'm guessing that this is the Traits list.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #1506 on: September 01, 2015, 12:21:37 pm »

Well, that estimate turned out to be a bad one, not to mention getting uncomfortably close to the character limit (36k/40k) for just an update. (To be fair, there's been a week of content piled up which will hopefully not happen again.)

Andres: Teacher trait: Then hopefully, you'll be fine with a compensatory time requirement of not less than 5 Ticks (the rule-of-thumb break-even ratio used here is 5:1). Given that it took over a week to get to Tick 5....
Angel-level artifacts: Currently under development

Demonic Spoon: Part of the point of settling down is not dying, although I could see retirement as an active, independent force as an option if you wanted to reroll.

Missing a word: They just get bigger bonuses, correcting now

Traits with population numbers specified have not been corrected to have one extra zero: I haven't updated the traits list with new numbers yet

micelus: Novice Whimsy happifying people for great deaths: Probably situationally through distractions, analagous to a mundane driver in real life crashing as a result of excessive distraction

$$$Response
Dutrius:
Inventing a wire that conducts with little loss as described: 1-2E
Artifact with different effects by user sphere: Varies depending on effects, may be better designed via PM

micelus:
Railways: 0E+, varies by implementation and role played in effecting their existence
Manifest Anima-powered turbine: 1-2E to invent

Demonic Spoon:
Adding [Am Legion+2] to mundane trees: Fails because mundane trees can't think, perhaps? (Unless I forgot a change)

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1507 on: September 01, 2015, 12:25:23 pm »

Demonic Spoon: Part of the point of settling down is not dying, although I could see retirement as an active, independent force as an option if you wanted to reroll.
Yeah, but I've burned through my ichor quite a bit so I might end up dying, planning for the future and all that.

Demonic Spoon:
Adding [Am Legion+2] to mundane trees: Fails because mundane trees can't think, perhaps? (Unless I forgot a change)
A derp on my part there.

$$$
Make all mundane trees [Intelligent -3] (int 4)
« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 09:59:08 am by Demonic Spoon »

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1508 on: September 01, 2015, 01:11:23 pm »

Magic schools!  :D

Are these fine?

Dryadism:
The art of linking your life to that of a tree, by feeding it with your lifesblood. The earlier the linking happens in both the lives of the tree and the practitioner (hereafter referred to as "dryad"), the more effective the bonding is, like how you can easily twist the stems of two seedlings around each other, but not do the same with full grown trees. Typically, maximum effectiveness is gained by using the blood of a newborn baby to quicken a tree seed.

After the initial linkage, the bond strengthens over time, and with the amount of care, attention and love the dryad gives to its tree and how well the tree flourishes (meaning that incompetent care is potentially worse than no care at all).

The bond gives both advantages and disadvantages to its participants and is divided into several stages, as tree and dryad slowly fuse into a single entity. The dryad can only perform certain special magical actions known as twistings, depending on the level of the bond, improving its tree over the course of years and decades as it has branches grow in certain patterns and forms runes from the whorls of bark and wood, both inside and outside the tree.

One Life (novice):
The tree and dryad share a single life. Their lifespan is the average of the two's lifespans, so usually the lifespan of the tree would be decreased, while the lifespan of the dryad would be increased. If one dies, so does the other, if one is revived (e.g. resurrective immortality), so is the other. Due to their linked life, the dryad cannot move further than a 500 metres from the tree. If it does, both it and the tree immediately die, and cannot be resurrected.
Example Twistings:
Lesser Improved Growth: The tree grows faster, stronger, better.
Fire-Resistant: The tree is harder to catch on fire

One Body (intermediate):
The tree's body is the dryad's body, allowing the dryad to move into the tree like he'd sink into a bathtub, allowing the creation of more potent Twistings by manipulating the tree from the inside, and allowing the Dryad to hide from potential dangers. Any wounds one of the two suffer is shared by the other, but this does make it somewhat harder to kill them as they pool their collective lifeforce to stay alive.
Example Twistings:
Fireproof: The tree cannot burn from anything but the most intense heat
Improved Growth: Like the lesser version, but better
Longevity: The lifespan is the maximum of the tree or the dryad, not the average.
Bronzewood: Makes the wood of the tree tougher than bronze.

One Soul (Advanced):
The dryad and the tree have a single, shared soul. The tree effectively acts like a phylactery for the dryad, allowing it to be reborn inside the tree in the event that it dies. This still doesn't overcome the distance kill and resurrection limit of the One Life stage however. Magical effects that effect one of the two bonded ones, such teleportation, or hostile magic, effect both, however the dryad and the tree pool their ability to resist such magic, if desired, and the effect is somewhat weakened by having an extra target.
Example Twistings:
Greater Improved Growth: Even better than the other two
Treant: The tree becomes a treant, able to move around and stuff (does not work on Evertrees)
Immortal: Makes the dryad and tree immune to the ravages of old age (redundant for Evertrees)
Steelwood: Makes the wood of the tree tougher than steel.

Tree-Jutsu:
The magic of making trees grows faster, better, and more adaptablely. A novice might grow a single tree from seed to adult over the course of a week, and have it enjoy good tree health for the rest of it's life, a journeyman, might be able to make a small copse of trees over a month, with the trees being adapted to taste bad to herbivores, a master could potentially cover a desert in thick forest, that somehow survives in the harsh environment in the future. It's also at the master level that it becomes practical to use Tree-Jutsu in combat, growing trees inside the lungs/flesh of your opponent and so on.

To be able to practise Tree-Jutsu, you must first be in good standing with tree kind (so no lumberjacks basically), and then have a deep understanding and knowledge of trees, as well as make your own body more treelike. Corpomancy is popular to achieve the latter, replacing the skeleton with a wood-equivalent, making your nails into leaves instead etc.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2015, 01:01:00 am by Demonic Spoon »

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1509 on: September 01, 2015, 01:25:02 pm »

I feel like clarifying the Wand of Sis K'ruppt.

Those who use it, even once, will be female, if they're not, they'll be made female. This includes changing gender-less creatures into female humanoid versions.
Those who use it regularly (at least once a month) have an increased lifespan.
The transformation tuns them into a Si-like creature, and due to this body taking the K'ruppt, the normal body will be free.
If the Si-like body is fully K'ruppt, it'll revert to no K'ruppt when the transformation expires. Also it has far greater affinity for K'ruppt, meaning it'll attain K'ruppt much faster.
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1510 on: September 01, 2015, 01:28:19 pm »

...HD, you do realize that this will eventually cause Problems with single-gendering races that don't have a partner type or a different means of reproduction?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1511 on: September 01, 2015, 01:33:05 pm »

...HD, you do realize that this will eventually cause Problems with single-gendering races that don't have a partner type or a different means of reproduction?
You do realize the first one who gets it, asked about how to become more like Si?
Besides, it's a drawback, not every artifact has to have only benefits.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1512 on: September 01, 2015, 01:35:13 pm »

As it seems to make them more humanoid, they shouldn't have too much problem finding a USB race to fit in with. Besides, artifacts don't usually switch hands too often.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1513 on: September 01, 2015, 01:35:49 pm »

You do realize the first one who gets it, asked about how to become more like Si?
If it's supposed to make the rounds of every single person to remove Unworshipful, that would pose a problem.  Eh.
And that is true.
Sigtext

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1514 on: September 01, 2015, 01:39:44 pm »

If it's supposed to make the rounds of every single person to remove Unworshipful, that would pose a problem.  Eh.
And that is true.
Every person it Heals, not every person that uses it.
A single person can go around on a quest to make people able to worship again, without letting go of the wand once.
San K'ruppt allows healing of others.

Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 241