Start from scratch for YG-lite
- 3 (9.1%)
Do both
- 5 (15.2%)
Do both
- 2 (6.1%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 241

Author Topic: Ye Gods 2 OOC [31/137] [Sign-ups go here]  (Read 232550 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods 2 OOC (~24h to T2) [23/137] [Sign-ups go here]
« Reply #1695 on: September 03, 2015, 10:18:54 pm »

My goals would probably have upset many people. Hehehe.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1696 on: September 03, 2015, 10:20:04 pm »

Did it involve trees? Maybe some tree-assimilation? If so, probably.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1697 on: September 03, 2015, 10:20:42 pm »

Considering their goals, hell yeah.

EDIT: If Litany is ever coming back, people are going to metagame that fact so much.

It wasn't a fact, I was lying for fun  :P.

OR WHAS I?
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1698 on: September 03, 2015, 10:22:44 pm »

Hey, I'm only human. I got pretty far, for a mortal. You need a KJP to run a game like this without breaking down. Besides yada yada personal stuff, so I have an excuse!
Don't take that the wrong way. I probably wouldn't last much longer. Was just saying I had some good ideas and it would have been interesting to see how they would have worked out. Guess I could try to carry some of those ideas over to this game but I don't exactly have the appropriate spheres with Lugen. Evolution Orbs could have been brilliant if they reached their full potential.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1699 on: September 03, 2015, 10:24:41 pm »

Considering their goals, hell yeah.

EDIT: If Litany is ever coming back, people are going to metagame that fact so much.

It wasn't a fact, I was lying for fun  :P.

OR WHAS I?

D:
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1700 on: September 03, 2015, 11:58:19 pm »

Hey KJP, could you remove the poll from the IC thread or decrease the amount of poll options? It's a minor nuisance having to scroll past it every time.

EDIT: ADMIN CNCL004.01 passed with 6 votes in favour when only 5 votes are needed to pass a proposal.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2015, 12:06:28 am by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #1701 on: September 04, 2015, 12:21:07 am »

(I realised and I snipped.)
I noticed, and snipped my post as well. Now Eid is responding to a nonexistent response to a nonexistent phrase. You broke causality, well done.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #1702 on: September 04, 2015, 12:27:15 am »

General announcements:
Pantheon membership: "Gods may join as many Pantheons as exist hopefully abiding by individual Pantheons' restrictions on membership."
Pantheon worship-sharing: It's not that much of a problem because Pantheon worship-sharing only adds individual pieties rather than reducing them as they did
PMs, management of: I suggest setting PM view settings as conversations (Preferences->Change settings->Display personal messages: As a Conversation). I tend to assume players won't be receiving and sending PMs like Bay12's servers on a .01 release day, so I tend not to quote/provide much context when dealing with 20+ PM threads. Do try to provide something in the subject line; it doesn't affect much for me, but it can help you a lot if you prefer the default view.
Post-inflation populations: 50K -> 1E/Tick at 100% piety.
Poll: I goofed up on that poll in retrospect. I should have fished for ideas before putting it up (and maybe posted it on IC because of the one-vote-only). The current ruling is no editing of other creations without permission, but this, I think, is unnecessarily limiting. Post some replacement rules about editing other creations without permission!

Spoiler: Jayjake9 (click to show/hide)
Added
Spoiler: Fr0stByt3 (click to show/hide)
Added.

Demonic Spoon: There's nothing wrong with making powerful things within the rules. The wrong part is mostly in trying to do it for free/with questionable discounts. The traits system is multiplicative to allow powerful but suitably expensive things (like the Foresight+Recoil+Teleport combination posted). Also, it's more consistent than 0ld YG where I'm pretty sure some things were additive rather than multiplicative and order of operations became a significant problem ( (1+2)*1.5 < 1+2*1.5 ).

As for the price changes, it looks like a 1.1x overall difference (0.61 -> 0.68)

Thanks!

Rolepgeek: I tend to think you're probably a bit on the insufficient side as far as secret stuff goes unless you're going for an actually-incorruptible-ruler thing

Andres: 04.01

$$$Response
Demonic Spoon: Give all/some mundane trees Am Legion+2: 1E assuming no challenge (+2E/opposer or 2:1 support:oppose otherwise)

Ama:
Teaching the Star-People and Asteroi (and races in general) to use fireworks: 0F/E (fireworks in space? :P)
Asteroi: 10000 * .0001 [Fireproof <1.2>] [Lifespan-2 <0.7>] = Avg. 0.84E/10000

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1703 on: September 04, 2015, 12:34:20 am »

How about a penalty scale like the Expy one, with a larger base? Such as (X) for a small intrusion (like changing the color of some member of a race's hair), (X) for "Medium" (Changing a large amount of a race in a fairly significant way), to (X) for "Large" (Such as turning a majority of a population from peaceful pacifist to blood-drinking murder warriors).

Yay for half asleep suggestion~ Numbers will be filled in later.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1704 on: September 04, 2015, 12:47:40 am »

How about direct secret action changes of large portions of races are automatically considered "Opposed," resulting in a much larger cost. Public stuff, unless directly opposed, has no price increase.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #1705 on: September 04, 2015, 12:55:59 am »

Changing other's creations can only be done with ichor seems like it'd be the simplest, changes in both directions (good or bad) cost ichor, meaning they're greater than 1 multiplier or however you're going to work the pricing. So making if Zenurion wanted to make the dryads immortal, or make them sterile, both would increase price and cost ichor.

Oh yeah, is it possible to start a creature you created with a Affinity +2 trait?

EDIT: The weaponspace trait, how does it work for exactly? Could I create the "chest of infinite weapons" artifact with weaponspace +5, arm my entire army with the excellent weapons it produces them maybe crash the weapons market for lols?
« Last Edit: September 04, 2015, 01:07:13 am by Demonic Spoon »

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1706 on: September 04, 2015, 01:15:06 am »

How about direct secret action changes of large portions of races are automatically considered "Opposed," resulting in a much larger cost. Public stuff, unless directly opposed, has no price increase.

This.
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #1707 on: September 04, 2015, 01:17:58 am »

Andres: 04.01 has been marked as PASSED, trimming proposalog

Editing others' creations poll added on IC
Suggestions added so far: Stirk, Kevak, and Demonic Spoon

Demonic Spoon: Added Affinity+2 <2>: Grants all members of creation advanced-level access to non-exotic schools.

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #1708 on: September 04, 2015, 01:24:16 am »

Edited my suggestion somewhat to make my intent clearer as a fyi.

Also, repeating weaponspace question since I think you missed it since I edited it in later.
EDIT: The weaponspace trait, how does it work for exactly? Could I create the "chest of infinite weapons" artifact with weaponspace +5, arm my entire army with the excellent weapons it produces them maybe crash the weapons market for lols?

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1709 on: September 04, 2015, 01:54:31 am »

I'm curious but are spirallions supposed to be human-like spiders or spider-like humans?
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 241