Start from scratch for YG-lite
- 3 (9.1%)
Do both
- 5 (15.2%)
Do both
- 2 (6.1%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 241

Author Topic: Ye Gods 2 OOC [31/137] [Sign-ups go here]  (Read 231633 times)

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods 2 OOC (~24h to T2) [23/137] [Sign-ups go here]
« Reply #1800 on: September 05, 2015, 01:14:09 am »

Is "skeleton pimp" supposed to be Talios?
It's your guy yes

THEME CNCL004.04: Make pizza the official food of the gods
+4 from Eid, Isgon, Sylvan
-2 from Sadiq. Mörkö
Sylvan opposed this proposal, not supported it.

Evertrees: 1105 births, 16 deaths, 7 lost souls
Tree Kings: 13 births, 3 deaths, 1 lost souls
What did they die from? Curious because both have Resurrective Immortality. It'll help me understand the limits of the resurrective immortality trait I guess.

God:(wisdom)=high:(theory); low:(practice)_"
What a sick burn lol
« Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 01:21:49 am by Demonic Spoon »

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #1801 on: September 05, 2015, 03:31:54 am »

Hold on, how did my clergy's children burn to death? Humans have affinity to plasmamancy, so couldn't the children just put out the fires themselves? What about the more experienced adults that were likely near them? Considering that every Human is at least a Novice plasmamancer, couldn't they just combine their efforts and extinguish them?
Oh I thought it was clear Morthan did it to take revenge. Sorry for not being clear enough.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1802 on: September 05, 2015, 03:37:40 am »

Hold on, how did my clergy's children burn to death? Humans have affinity to plasmamancy, so couldn't the children just put out the fires themselves? What about the more experienced adults that were likely near them? Considering that every Human is at least a Novice plasmamancer, couldn't they just combine their efforts and extinguish them?
Oh I thought it was clear Morthan did it to take revenge. Sorry for not being clear enough.
No, that was clear. My argument is that his method of revenge wouldn't have worked.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1803 on: September 05, 2015, 03:48:45 am »

Said argument is invalid. Humans are not fireproof and you are overestimating the capacity of novices.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1804 on: September 05, 2015, 06:36:17 am »

I've just did some calculations and 4E seems too little.

I'm supposed to get 3E from Humans, 1E from Jeskia, 1E from Spirallions, 1E from Leg-Godts, and 1E from Star-People for a total of 7E. The other pantheon members should've gotten 7E too.

$$$
Price check on a [Soul Binder] trait that lets a being bind an item to its soul, ensuring that the item can only be used by that being
Price check on a [Weapon Form] trait that lets a being turn fully or partially into a weapon and back (credit for this trait goes to the Soul Eater manga/anime)
Price check on giving a being I/E/F capacity (I'm asking if you can put it in the traits list)
« Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 06:54:20 am by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1805 on: September 05, 2015, 06:51:55 am »

Sylvan (Trees) I4/30 E0/0 F0/0
My essence cap is back to 0 again? Aw.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1806 on: September 05, 2015, 06:52:46 am »

That's because you gave up your Essence and Flux caps to turn into a giant tree or forest or something.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1807 on: September 05, 2015, 06:53:51 am »

That's because you gave up your Essence and Flux caps to turn into a giant tree or forest or something.
...that wasn't what I was talking about. My essence cap had recovered to one this tick before Kilojoule "fixed" things.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1808 on: September 05, 2015, 06:55:37 am »

...that wasn't what I was talking about. My essence cap had recovered to one this tick before Kilojoule "fixed" things.
Oh. I didn't know you could increase your Essence cap if it hits 0. My bad. :-[

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #1809 on: September 05, 2015, 07:07:09 am »

???
Possibility check on shattering Morthan in thousands of fragments, and making these fragment become the evil part of all mortal souls. If one mortal kills another, the Morthanshard of the dead one will join the Morthanshard of the living one, making the living one more evil. If someone with a Morthanshard does a natural dead, the Morthanshard will inhabit the closest mortal. Once a mortal has all Morthanshards in them, Morthan will ascend to godhood again.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1810 on: September 05, 2015, 07:17:20 am »

???
Possibility check on shattering Morthan in thousands of fragments, and making these fragment become the evil part of all mortal souls. If one mortal kills another, the Morthanshard of the dead one will join the Morthanshard of the living one, making the living one more evil. If someone with a Morthanshard does a natural dead, the Morthanshard will inhabit the closest mortal. Once a mortal has all Morthanshards in them, Morthan will ascend to godhood again.
I wonder if this can be used to create a super-powered evil side...

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1811 on: September 05, 2015, 08:47:30 am »

???
I wonder if this can be used to create a super-powered evil side...
But then Se comes and kills all the Morthanshard bearers. And becomes a full god, just evil and bloodthirsty.
Though that's dependent on Si being able to make Se.
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1812 on: September 05, 2015, 08:56:54 am »

Or just loophole the system and get a god or an angel to kill the shardbearers.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
Re: Ye Gods 2 OOC [26/137] [Sign-ups go here]
« Reply #1813 on: September 05, 2015, 09:18:09 am »

General announcements: Trait+X pricing is generally exponential, and higher X values generally involve only repeated multiplication of the +1 price. Thus, artifacts that add or remove traits simply multiply or divide by the multiplier, simplifying calculation for boosty equipment. (Summary: [Trait+2] [Trait+3] costs about as much as [Trait+5])
Prayers with race/role: OK, then. Adding races/roles where appropriate for future prayers.

Demonic Spoon: The [Weaponspace] trait provides weapons only for the creations bearing the trait. Most likely, only things with [Weaponspace] and things fighting against the one with [Weaponspace] can interact with said weapons.

Increase the size of all mundane trees to Size+2: Wouldn't that end up being a decrease for most of them?

Poll: -1 vote for Ichor, +0.5 vote both sliding scale and auto-oppose?

Cut off sentence: Whoops! I'll fix that in a few minutes, hopefully

Deaths: There was a half-finished "wandering death" generator at some point which has now mostly been scrapped. Most deaths in [Will Be Back] [Immortal] races now will likely be from the various diseases going around, some of which have interesting secret features. (Disease resistance provides resistance, not immunity. Immunity right now is mostly based on having a compatible biology, but having rare/exotic biologies can still lead to player-made targeted diseases)

Lost recovered caps: The system's been refined to speed up recovery by a factor of 2 or so for those who've lost substantial E/F caps. To increase Flux cap regeneration, I suggest encouraging everyone to go crazy spending Flux (or maybe Essence, but that doesn't regenerate based on global usage).

Andres, Demonic Spoon: Where is the option that allows vote-changing (aside from resetting it and having everyone vote again or switching around 1-vote-only choices)?

gman8181: Do you mean main gods worshiped as listed on the tickly reports? (These will tend to be Pantheon-shared races, and for the less dysfunctional ones, suggests implicit editing permission)

Happy Demon: Unique trait should be 10x more expensive: I'm not sure I understand

Andres: The amount of worship received at 100% piety for 170k Humans would likely be around 3E/T, not around 30E/T as it would have been previously. 4E is already high.

Locked: They say they do the same, but internally, they're distinct. Correcting now regardless.

Clergy's children burning to death: Short answer: No, not that easily because Flux beats novice magic in similar uses. Also, they're not fireproof.

As a rule of thumb, given the general attitude of the players, do not attribute to GM stupidity what can be attributed to malice

Mosquito plague: It was ineffective in general, not because of any traits any of the races had. I leave the wild speculation on why this might be up to whoever wants to speculate.

Rolepgeek and Andres: Rioting: Taxes from projects and aggravating influences (This one's free because I failed to communicate some things that I thought I wrote to have obvious connections on IC.)

?.??
Lord_lemonpie: Morthanshards: I'd highly recommend not doing that, but if you must, it'll probably end up being something like a sacrifice of I/E caps for the F cap.

I strongly suggest not using divines, angels[,] or gods to collect Morthanshards. Angels would make fine vessels (regardless of Loyalty+10 which operates on the concept of change rather than death), and gods generally shouldn't just eat/absorb everything they see.

$$$Response
Happy Demon:
Clawed Right Gauntlet: [Magic item <2>] [Lifespan+1 <1.1>] [One size fits all] = Avg. 2.2E
Clawed Right Gauntlet: [Magic item <2>] [Lifespan+1 <1.1>] [Strength+1 <1.2>] [One size fits all] = Avg. 2.6E
Set bonuses: I guess you could add [Protection+4 (cap 5)] and [Magic resistance+1 (cap 3)] to the cuirass for a [discount <0.5 or so>] and put the set bonus details in the description? I could also develop a set bonuses mechanic, but this will take longer.

Se: 0.5 [4 Ichor cap <8 Ichor cap>] [4 Essence cap <8 Essence cap>] [4 Flux cap <8 Flux cap>] [Focus-Conquer-Combat] = 0.5E + 8I cap, 8E cap, 8F cap
(Cross-sphere adding is not possible)

Demonic Spoon:
*Treeducator: [Immortal <1.1>] [Unique <10>] [Teacher (Tree-Jutsu) <5>] [Speed-2 <0.6>] [Intelligence+1 <1.2>] [Affinity+2 (Tree-Jutsu) <2>] [Affinity+2 (Corpomancy) <2>] = Avg. 0.016E

tntey:
Doomsday egg hidden in the sun that destroys the planets: 50E+? Seems a bit too disruptive

Focus-Conquer-Conquer: <1>

Vgray:
All High Elves [^Affinity+1 (Necromancy)] [Affinity+2 (Necromancy)]: Avg. 1.4E
All Deep Elves [^Affinity (Necromancy)] [Affinity+1 (Necromancy)]: Avg. 2.1E

Stirk:
Associates: The price sounds right
Safety In Numbers+1 <1.9>: Boosts Strength, Speed, Combat, Defense, and Protection slightly based on number of present nearby active allies

Andres:
Artifact that can turn 1 person of at least 90% piety into an angel every Tick: Under consideration, 30-50E+ most likely
Artifact that can turn 1 person of at 100% piety and powerful magic into an angel every Tick: Under consideration, 10-30E+ most likely
Artifact that can turn 1 person into an angel into an angel every Tick: Under consideration, 70-90E+ most likely
Achilles, Alexander the Great, Archimedes: Stats or it doesn't happen? :P
Soul Binder: <2.5> Greatly reduces the chance of a different soul not being able to use an item, with or without permission
Weapon form (specified weapon): <2> Allows owner to turn into a (specified weapon) and back, applies only to agents and angels
I/E/F caps for creations: 2x the amount intended (8E cap -> /4E creation)

Rolepgeek:
Killing 3 Humans: 0-1F

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods 2 OOC [26/137] [Sign-ups go here]
« Reply #1814 on: September 05, 2015, 09:23:10 am »

Deaths: There was a half-finished "wandering death" generator at some point which has now mostly been scrapped. Most deaths in [Will Be Back] [Immortal] races now will likely be from the various diseases going around, some of which have interesting secret features. (Disease resistance provides resistance, not immunity. Immunity right now is mostly based on having a compatible biology, but having rare/exotic biologies can still lead to player-made targeted diseases)
Sure, but wouldn't the [will be back] races ressurect after death by disease? Or do these diseases cause permadeath?
Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 241