Start from scratch for YG-lite
- 3 (9.1%)
Do both
- 5 (15.2%)
Do both
- 2 (6.1%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Pages: 1 ... 168 169 [170] 171 172 ... 241

Author Topic: Ye Gods 2 OOC [31/137] [Sign-ups go here]  (Read 232616 times)

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods 2 OOC [26/137] [Sign-ups go here]
« Reply #2535 on: September 19, 2015, 09:09:56 am »

Technically, most trees belong to Si, because she was the one who sent out the seeding angels.
I did also create 1 essence worth of normal trees myself.
Si made 4 angels with the goal of distributing seeds all over the world, and they did so for several ticks.
So I still think Si holds most of the domain over nature, as for trees, well, that's not so sure.
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #2536 on: September 19, 2015, 09:12:00 am »

Doesn't matter who made it though. If the mortals link Sylvan with trees, he'll gain influence.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2537 on: September 19, 2015, 09:14:22 am »

Yeah I think you're gonna be at war then. Murder isn't cool unless I'm the one doing it, yo.

Paul Bunyan seems like a good source of inspiration.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2538 on: September 19, 2015, 09:15:32 am »

Don't really understand why it's so difficult for you to find another source of fuel :P but it won't affect Veles, so oh well, enjoy your war.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #2539 on: September 19, 2015, 09:16:53 am »

Technically, most trees belong to Si, because she was the one who sent out the seeding angels.
I did also create 1 essence worth of normal trees myself.
Si made 4 angels with the goal of distributing seeds all over the world, and they did so for several ticks.
So I still think Si holds most of the domain over nature, as for trees, well, that's not so sure.
Well either way, I hope Si would not agree to destroying trees?

Doesn't matter who made it though. If the mortals link Sylvan with trees, he'll gain influence.
I believe how it actually works is you directly gain influence from stuff of your sphere having well, influence on the world, regardless of whether the mortals link them to you. As an example, there might be a god of secrets that no one actually knows exists, but due to secrets being a vital part of local geopolitics for some reason (it's a secret that all the governments are actually controlled by the tree people maybe?  :P ) the God of Secrets gains a lot of influence.

Similarly, if trees are an important part of someone's everyday life, like with dryads, I'd gain influence from that, even if they do not specifically connect trees with Sylvan.

Yeah I think you're gonna be at war then. Murder isn't cool unless I'm the one doing it, yo.

Paul Bunyan seems like a good source of inspiration.
Well I say murder, but it's more like execution of criminals for breaking Tree Law.  :P *sighs* A war will be inconvenient, as I can't just recklessly spend my ichor anymore.  :(
« Last Edit: September 19, 2015, 09:18:25 am by Demonic Spoon »

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2540 on: September 19, 2015, 09:18:16 am »

Right, and I'm executing trees for breaking My law.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2541 on: September 19, 2015, 09:19:22 am »

Which is "no murder"? How do you feel about "indefinite imprisonment"?

What would you do if I upped tree intelligence to actual sapient levels so murdering trees is murder too, thus making any future lumberjacks murderers?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #2542 on: September 19, 2015, 09:20:31 am »

The conversation started when I said that, as he didn't make them, any edits he does to Trees can by undone by anyone else. The same way that Veles can change livestock animals that nobody in particular created.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2543 on: September 19, 2015, 09:22:08 am »

The conversation started when I said that, as he didn't make them, any edits he does to Trees can by undone by anyone else. The same way that Veles can change livestock animals that nobody in particular created.
Ah. Well okay that is admittedly a weakpoint to "add traits to all trees".

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2544 on: September 19, 2015, 09:23:43 am »

What would you do if I upped tree intelligence to actual sapient levels so murdering trees is murder too, thus making any future lumberjacks murderers?
How much do you think that would cost?

Moreover, how much do you think Zhin would care, at that point?

It's a matter of 'my people need wood for heat during winter, building things, particularly boats, barrels, and structures, as well as space for farmland. The trees are killing the people who help provide this things. Thus, I offer ultimatum.'
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2545 on: September 19, 2015, 09:25:13 am »

At which point I will simply make some other fuel plant.  I mean, it doesn't have to be trees.  Or, in fact, plants.
In fact, generating heat for a city should be pretty easy to do.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2015, 09:27:38 am by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2546 on: September 19, 2015, 09:26:50 am »

How much do you think that would cost?
2-5 Essence probably

Moreover, how much do you think Zhin would care, at that point?
I don't know, that's why I asked?

It's a matter of 'my people need wood for heat during winter, building things, particularly boats, barrels, and structures, as well as space for farmland. The trees are killing the people who help provide this things. Thus, I offer ultimatum.'
Okay, now that helps me understand where your coming from better. War it is I guess?

At which point I will simply make some other fuel plant.  I mean, it doesn't have to be trees.  Or, in fact, plants.
As I've noted before, there are trees which have fuel as their fruit which I'm completely fine with.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2547 on: September 19, 2015, 09:28:08 am »

Then, an alternate crafting plant it is.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods 2 OOC
« Reply #2548 on: September 19, 2015, 09:30:06 am »

Influence
Influence is a source of income based on how much your sphere affects the world. Affecting it are factors such as integration into the world, display of sphere in the world, and size of sphere. A few sample Influence incomes are listed here:
  • A goddess of Earth giving up much power to be made into a planet: ~4E/Tick
  • A god of Storms who induces storms sporadically and is known for it: ~2E/Tick
  • A Nature goddess whose domain in the mortal realm is widely known and whose subjects(/spies?) are (in)famous: ~3E/Tick
  • A god of Stars who gives up much independence and direct power to be made into stars with astrological significance: ~3E/Tick

Influence!

But I see both sides now, and think you're both being silly :))

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #2549 on: September 19, 2015, 09:30:28 am »

This is kinda what The Don was talking about.

Now that nobody can use trees, we are making alternatives instead of more trees. Thus decreasing the potential amount of trees in the world for little reason...
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.
Pages: 1 ... 168 169 [170] 171 172 ... 241