Start from scratch for YG-lite
- 3 (9.1%)
Do both
- 5 (15.2%)
Do both
- 2 (6.1%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Pages: 1 ... 217 218 [219] 220 221 ... 241

Author Topic: Ye Gods 2 OOC [31/137] [Sign-ups go here]  (Read 231577 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods 2 OOC [31/137] [Sign-ups go here]
« Reply #3270 on: September 27, 2015, 08:32:22 pm »

Did you receive this volume of PM's for YG1, KJP?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3271 on: September 27, 2015, 08:33:41 pm »

Eh cant use it but i probably Don't Need it.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3272 on: September 27, 2015, 08:40:06 pm »

Zenurion is Loki. He hasn't insulted literally everyone yet (I think), which Loki did in a single sitting. Plus, a lot of mythological gods were very proud. Most of the gods here...are less so.

Mostly I think it's that it's hard to do anything that really 'sticks'. There's either 'low on Ichor' or 'dead'. We can't feel pain, and we aren't ourselves being insulted when a god insults someone else. So there's a lot less motivation to try and do something.

As for creating a new god, it's basically me asking 'why not'? It's a multiplayer game. You're not always (or often) going to be in complete control of the situation, and you're never going to be able to be in complete control of what other people do. Can't let fictional mortals dying get to you.

Plus, the smuggest gods were usually the ones considered the best in old timey pantheons...and if you think gods like Eid or Zhin or Sylvan don't have some sort of niceness...Zhin tries to give his followers a good life, for what it is. Yeah, you have to work. Personally, IRL? I like having something to do to keep me busy. 'Working' doesn't mean backbreaking manual labor; you just need to be a productive member of society under him. Eid may have been misguided(and murderous), but he's trying to do right by his people. Sylvan kills lumberjacks, because she views them as murdering trees. To the gods, mortals are on a whole different scale of mental ability. They're pets, servants, or small children at best, crops, livestock, or playthings at worst. We aren't country leaders. We are divine beings who created the planets and stars, and gave birth to life. If it's gods being jerks to one another that bother you...well, that's gonna be how multiplayer games go. Don't see why you should let it stop you, rather than roll off your back. It's all just a story, after all. And what story is complete without a villain?

Or a hero?
Personally, I think things would be more interesting if more gods took risks. Or acted at all really.

This directly ties into my problem with secret actions...

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3273 on: September 27, 2015, 08:58:59 pm »

Also a really thin parody of Cthulhu...
x1.3 cost, because of Expy trait.
KJP said that Cthulhu and other Lovecraftian terrors were open source and won't result in Expy penalties.

[Has No Manipulators]
What is this?

YGgdrashell 0.3 has been publicly released! (Instructions included)

http://kilojouleproton.altervista.org/yggdrashell-0.3.tar.gz (MD5sum 3532b9ccadbe7952bcd6dcb46872315a, report immediately if it differs)

For all its manual, unautomated business (even considering the nonlinear player-workload relationship) 0ld YG was a lot faster to update somehow even near the end. ???
What's YGgrdashell and why is it called that?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #3274 on: September 27, 2015, 09:01:24 pm »

What is this?

Probably "No hands or handlike appendages". You know, like a snake. Can't use tools and such.

What's YGgrdashell and why is it called that?

Its the program that does all the mathy stuff for this game.

And you know you *might* be free?
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3275 on: September 27, 2015, 09:25:54 pm »

Yeah, just read the IC and it seems pretty cool. Not like we'd die since Si doesn't have the Godslayer trait and losing a bit of Ichor isn't that bad.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3276 on: September 27, 2015, 09:37:23 pm »

What is this?

Probably "No hands or handlike appendages". You know, like a snake. Can't use tools and such.
or like a cat, fox, etc...

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3277 on: September 27, 2015, 09:42:16 pm »

I'mma just say this real fast Happy Demon and if you think it's a bad idea I won't question you on it.

But it seems to me like the best thing to do would be to find something to do. Not a job, necessarily, but something productive. Like volunteering. No, it's not a job, but that means you don't usually have to apply and get passed up because of a condition that people can't just turn off at the drop of a hat. Try it for a few weeks, you might start feeling better about yourself. I know I like having a busy schedule, at least. I like including time for myself/friends in said schedule, but if I don't feel like I've been productive somehow recently I get antsy. Might be a worse version of that for you. You feel like you're a leech on society; so start giving back. Then you might start feeling better about yourself, and volunteering rarely looks bad on an application.

Just an idea.

Yeah, just read the IC and it seems pretty cool. Not like we'd die since Si doesn't have the Godslayer trait and losing a bit of Ichor isn't that bad.
Also this is exactly what I was talking about. The fact that only [Godslaying] can kill means nobody cares.

Makes me want to do something evil. Just to make people worry. Only needs to deal 1 Ichor of damage, after all.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3278 on: September 27, 2015, 09:46:47 pm »

Eh, in real life, I have a system for perpetually telling myself I'm too worthless to deserve death.

Well that got depressing fast. That can't be mentally healthy, you should see a professional about that.
Nah, I just get used to it.
It's what happens when you're unemployed in a family where everyone else works hard for their money.
I'm just a leech on society.
But I also really want to get a job, but my mental condition seems to be part of the reason I can't seem to get one.
So I'm constantly wanting a job, but can't get one.

In the end, it turns into a cycle. All I can do is get used to it.

Unemployment isn't a thing a thing you should blame yourself for, considering how hard it seems to be to find one these days for anyone. :-\
Sorry if I'm a bit late for this. I know from experience how much of a pain depression is to deal with. :(

YGgdrashell 0.3 has been publicly released! (Instructions included)

http://kilojouleproton.altervista.org/yggdrashell-0.3.tar.gz (MD5sum 3532b9ccadbe7952bcd6dcb46872315a, report immediately if it differs)

For all its manual, unautomated business (even considering the nonlinear player-workload relationship) 0ld YG was a lot faster to update somehow even near the end. ???

Oh nice I think I'll mess around with it to see if I can learn anything about python from it. Also to see if I can figure out how to make it work. :P
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #3279 on: September 27, 2015, 10:49:45 pm »

General announcements: Lawmode and making KJP judge have both been declined
1 warning to crazyabe for OOC abrasiveness. (Based on what I've heard, depression and suicide are not light matters) Additionally, the reputation for insanity Bay12 has mostly seems to arise from "in-character" insanity, not actual insanity.

Finally, I'm not really qualified to handle the matter non-awkwardly, so I'll have to leave it untouched for now.

crazyabe: Anchoring info on THE WILL AND THE WORD here

Rolepgeek:
SWMs and PIGs: Understood now
Teaching mortals magic: Yes, Affinity just provides a baseline. Magic can, of course, be combined creatively without needing Metamagic/Technomancy.
City sizes: On record, I have just over a hundred thousand Púrén per planet in the City of Rule. However much they held before, it's ten times larger now.

Andres:
Lambdent: This is one way of spotting partially secret races! :P More seriously, this is mostly glossed over, and precedents include the Star People not needing anything too special to continue being flamey in space or not getting squished/melted in/entering atmospheres. I tend to imagine that Fireproof covers re-entry quite nicely (despite probably covering a lower temperature) and that being on the night side of a planet doesn't generally cause freezing to death to them.
Broken traits section: In the original post OP or on the traits post?
YGgdrashell: It's a bunch of scripts that track population growth, kills, godly income, godly cap growth, and similar things so I don't have to edit a spreadsheet and hope it doesn't crash, thus removing the undo history.
Its name: It was a convenient name. Plenty of shells on Unix-likes end in "sh," mythological Yggdrasil is a giant ash (even if ash is already taken by some shell BSDs use), and each YG instance is basically a world, so I judge it to be a nicely fitting name that works on several levels.

Demonic Spoon:
Recalculated specific action again, result is
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Tree Kings: Godly wrath, mostly
Sorting: OK then, implementing for next update
Making tree artifact instead of agent: Artifacts are effectively indestructible. The price does directly affect effectiveness (so expensive factories will tend to produce better-quality products).
Talking trees: Or the rumors are false or run-of-the-mill kidnappers/cultists are responsible? (I seem to remember relaying at least ten fake rumors in the last three Ticks)
Eaten the Big Book: I briefly added random text around the Combat section, but then I updated it :P
Andrianna and Marrow: No, so probably yes
Sphere changing: I mostly allow it for thematically appropriate reasons/narrowing down where it's not done to excess (e.g. once every Tick especially just to get a discount). The case illustrated seems fine.

Happy Demon: It is indeed the high spending/loss. As for Essence, this may be the result of massive worship-sharing in the pantheon.

Excessive income: Added to list of scheduled audits, results before and after redoing:
Spoiler: Gods (raw) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Gods (corrected) (click to show/hide)

FArgHalfnr:
Surprise: Resend? I'm almost sure I took note of it somewhere...
Learning python from my code: I strongly suggest finding actual good code instead. Writing code like mine is probably grounds for firing everywhere. :P Feel free to modify and distribute and stuff.
Quote from: The license
...grants to You a perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, no-charge, royalty-free, irrevocable copyright license to reproduce, prepare Derivative Works of, publicly display, publicly perform, sublicense, and distribute the Work and such Derivative Works...

Rolepgeek and TheBiggerFish: Processing now

TheBiggerFish:
Do I have complete control over HellYG2: Sort of, I guess

gman8181 and Demonic Spoon: Yes, of social wossnames and textistential thingies. :P

tntey: Playing as Risen Leviticus: Are you sure? Possible actions will be severely limited, after all. Also, would you like to change the character concept?

Happy Demon and TheBiggerFish: Only if the costs are paid for expies too

Stirk: That was what I'd hoped it'd do, but I think not having to do the calculations manually made me overreach a bit in the complexity department. Also, YG2 started out with around 20 players while YG1 ended up with around 20 players. I suppose it's mostly a matter of GM, hence why I specifically suggest coming up with original rules for prospective users. I know I readily add complexity and very rarely reduce it.

hector13:
YG1: Near the end (but not at the end), it took around 20 players 22 days to receive 300 PMs
YG2: Around now, it takes around 29 players 14 days to receive 300 PMs
It seems almost linear within 10% based only on these numbers, but I didn't count PM size or external discussions, and both are higher/actually exist now.

$$$Response
Andres:
One Ring of Power:
Inventing plasmamantic focusing crystals: 2E
Timeline stabilizer: 40E, requires one collaborator

IcyTea31
Making a planet uninhabitable: Eh, probably 15F + 3F/god-with-a-race-who-opposes
Freezing over Hell: Depends on consequences, cosmetic freezing would be around 2F

crazyabe:
Ammo Space: Use [Weaponspace]
God-Proof: Use [Undetectable]? It overlaps a bit
Plane controlled by THE OVER BRAIN: 10E unlinked, 2E unlinked
Zhin to Normal translator: Yes, it's been tried before. It didn't work very well. :P
Bad Garbled to Normal translator: Skipping

Dutrius:
Lyftfloga þunorradstefn: 65.535 / 10000 (What a strange coincidence that it ended up on 65.535!)

Rolepgeek:
A polite request: 0F/E
Collapsing part of a tectonic plate onto Hell: Depends on plate size, a tectonic dinner plate would be 0F/E
Figuring out who made the Snow this time: Priceless

FArgHalfnr:
Exterminating all life that follows a specific god: 100F/E

TheBiggerFish:
Auto-opposing exterminating all life that follows a specific god: Already done

Detoxicated:
Has No Manipulators: Better off as description?
Nightvision: Use Perceptive+x?
Hypnotic: Use Puppeteer+x?

hector13:
Dragonslayer+1 <x1.5>: Bonus for fighting dragons and suspiciously similar things

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #3280 on: September 27, 2015, 11:01:28 pm »

Stirk: That was what I'd hoped it'd do, but I think not having to do the calculations manually made me overreach a bit in the complexity department. Also, YG2 started out with around 20 players while YG1 ended up with around 20 players. I suppose it's mostly a matter of GM, hence why I specifically suggest coming up with original rules for prospective users. I know I readily add complexity and very rarely reduce it.

Sorry~ That was probably my fault. Most of Litany's active players jumped over to here, so at your start you had my middle. And since most active players from YG1's end played Litany, it just ended up making more and more....
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3281 on: September 27, 2015, 11:03:04 pm »

Broken traits section: In the original post OP or on the traits post?
Original post OP. You forgot a bracket before "url". Strange, considering you fixed it before. Also, I still have no idea how much a One Ring costs.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #3282 on: September 27, 2015, 11:17:58 pm »

Stirk: The added players are fine, it's mostly me thinking updates would be much, much faster and adding all sorts of content to compensate. Were [basically any other GM] responsible for YG2, the Big Book would probably be much smaller, and running the game would probably actually be much faster.

Andres: It looks like I changed it on the post but not on the local copy, thus reverting it when it got updated

$$$Response
Price check on a One Ring of Power which increases a god's Flux capacity by 5 and Flux generation by 1 but drops their Ichor capacity by 5 if it's destroyed
One RIng of Power:
Increases F cap by 5: Burn off 50% Icap, 50% Ecap
Increase F generation by 1: Let's say 10F for now
Drops I cap by 5 on destruction: Discount Icap spending by, say, <x0.5>
Result: 10F + burn off 25% Icap, 50% Ecap
Expy probably applies...

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3283 on: September 27, 2015, 11:18:50 pm »

I sent you a PM containing the missing secret actions. Also I have a question about the numbers you put before actions, I suppose it's a dice roll but I'd like to know what kind of dice that would be, only to be able to tell whenever the things I did went well or not. :P
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #3284 on: September 27, 2015, 11:20:19 pm »

Just out of curiosity, would everyone (mostly KJP) actually be willing to remove the necessity for a Godslaying weapon to actually kill a god? Edit: nevermind, IC poll.

I mean at this point there's no real worry of character loss, so no real deterrent to being a completely evil bastard.

I sent you a PM containing the missing secret actions. Also I have a question about the numbers you put before actions, I suppose it's a dice roll but I'd like to know what kind of dice that would be, only to be able to tell whenever the things I did went well or not. :P

I remember 3d6 being mentioned... so 3 is crap, whereas 18 is spectacular.

Otherwise I'm talking nonsense, in which case feel free to ignore that.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2015, 11:23:37 pm by hector13 »
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 217 218 [219] 220 221 ... 241