Start from scratch for YG-lite
- 3 (9.1%)
Do both
- 5 (15.2%)
Do both
- 2 (6.1%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Pages: 1 ... 222 223 [224] 225 226 ... 241

Author Topic: Ye Gods 2 OOC [31/137] [Sign-ups go here]  (Read 231629 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods 2 OOC [31/137] [Sign-ups go here]
« Reply #3345 on: September 28, 2015, 02:44:58 pm »

Yeah, Si was trying to kill Associates but killed Humans instead. Shit didn't go her way.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3346 on: September 28, 2015, 03:20:48 pm »

Yeah, Si was trying to kill Associates but killed Humans instead. Shit didn't go her way.
Oh, and remember the whole part about the San K'ruppt and E'lement Kruppt where they can actually affect your mind?
The E'lement K'ruppt is mostly limited to bodily effects, but combines with San K'ruppt... well.
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3347 on: September 28, 2015, 04:07:28 pm »

I would personally consider that magic is below gods, Flux/Essence even in the smallest amount being significantly more useful than even the most powerful magic, but I'm not going to argue with the way you RP('d) your character, nor about something so wholly subjective.

You, as a player, decided to kill off your character because you didn't want to play as them anymore, for whatever reason. I don't see why that shouldn't be punished penalised, not as a criticism of you but as a counter-argument to Lemonpie and BiggerFish saying it was RP consistent.

Isgon's suicide could be rationalised as RP consistent as a means to avoid being executed by the other gods - an option being mooted at the time - and Nogis retiring because they were tired of all the nonsense politics between the other gods.

Edit: word choice amendment to better reflect what I mean.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 04:55:45 pm by hector13 »
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3348 on: September 28, 2015, 04:47:23 pm »

That is only part of the reason.
The other parts, was that I lost track of pretty much everything.

When the whole E'lement K'ruppt effect started kicking in, she wasn't Si anymore.
Not to mention, the imbalance from sphere changing is the sort of thing that kind of f***s her up really bad.
I play the characters based on the spheres, so changing spheres, is kind of a big deal.

If anything is breaking the character, it's whenever I have Si act somewhat intelligently.

The suicide itself, in IC was motivated by... other, reasons.
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3349 on: September 28, 2015, 05:12:45 pm »

Well that's getting into RP things... and I don't really like criticising people for that. It's what you wanted/the way it played out, so that's fair enough. The reasons for doing so are your own, share them if you want or not, it doesn't really matter.

I accept that everything Si did was in character, but you could have RP'd it differently as a player, which is why I think your next character should be penalised, though not anywhere near to the extent you suggested :P

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3350 on: September 28, 2015, 05:33:13 pm »

Not sure if that would deserve penalizing honestly. The whole thing was very well roleplayed and made sense in context, and it doesn't seem like you'd do that often, that seemed to be more of a one time thing. Seeing how you want to penalize yourself that certainly doesn't seem to be an attempt at abusing any rule, hence why I'd say punishing would be unnecessary.

In the end I guess it's for KJP to choose, considering he's the one in charge.
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3351 on: September 28, 2015, 05:40:29 pm »

Not sure if that would deserve penalizing honestly. The whole thing was very well roleplayed and made sense in context, and it doesn't seem like you'd do that often, that seemed to be more of a one time thing. Seeing how you want to penalize yourself that certainly doesn't seem to be an attempt at abusing any rule, hence why I'd say punishing would be unnecessary.

In the end I guess it's for KJP to choose, considering he's the one in charge.
Exactly.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3352 on: September 28, 2015, 06:51:53 pm »

*Notices alignment poll*

Eh, what alignment is Lugen? When I think of what he'd do, I think how would Lugen spread Lugen's spheres as effectively as possible, yet with as little resistance from others as possible. That's about it.

I usually do the same thing for all my characters in these types of games. Give them a sphere(s) that seems interesting to spread and then try and spread said spheres or do other actions somehow related to said spheres.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3353 on: September 28, 2015, 07:46:53 pm »

Zenurion is obviously Chaotic Evil, without even needing to exaggerate him. On a side note I don't play him as 100% evil, the coffee and the clinic were two genuinely non evil actions for example, even thought the clinic was only set up because he found the constant mental breakdowns and frequent suicides more annoying than entertaining. I haven't decided yet how significant that not evil side will be, but it most likely won't be enough to allow any form of redemption or turn to the good side.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #3354 on: September 28, 2015, 07:48:14 pm »

Don Giovanni is obviously Lawful Good, being the only Pure and Just protector of the Innocent left on this planet. No doubt the world would fall into the Evils of governmental control without him.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3355 on: September 28, 2015, 07:49:03 pm »

Zenurion is obviously Chaotic Evil, without even needing to exaggerate him. On a side note I don't play him as 100% evil, the coffee and the clinic were two genuinely non evil actions for example, even thought the clinic was only set up because he found the constant mental breakdowns and frequent suicides more annoying than entertaining. I haven't decided yet how significant that not evil side will be, but it most likely won't be enough to allow any form of redemption or turn to the good side.
I would have thought that was the chaotic part
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3356 on: September 28, 2015, 07:56:12 pm »

I would have thought that was the chaotic part
That could also be a possibility. As I said I haven't decided the importance of the non evil side, so it could always be nonexistent and be instead replaced by chaos. Him only doing good because he feels like doing it would still be plausible, even though most of the time it would be justified by selfish reasons, like opening the clinic because seeing everyone in depression isn't entertaining enough for him.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3357 on: September 28, 2015, 07:57:41 pm »

Concerning the IC poll, I suggest an alternative. What if instead of not making Godslayer needed to kill a god, we keep it needed but remove its 3-god requirement? This way, it's still more difficult to kill a god than in YG1 but it's easier than doing it now. It also allows individualist Death gods to properly play their characters.

EDIT:
((Having low E isn't a bad thing, its better than having low I anyway. It helps your E cap increase faster, for example.))
Actually, I wanted to ask about this rule. Why would having low Essence result in a larger cap? This makes no sense to me. Someone with low amounts of Essence wouldn't need an increased cap because what they have isn't even enough to fill their current one. Someone with lots of Essence on the other hand would have more need of a bigger cap so they can have more Essence.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 08:01:48 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #3358 on: September 28, 2015, 08:06:01 pm »

Concerning the IC poll, I suggest an alternative. What if instead of not making Godslayer needed to kill a god, we keep it needed but remove its 3-god requirement? This way, it's still more difficult to kill a god than in YG1 but it's easier than doing it now. It also allows individualist Death gods to properly play their characters.

EDIT:
((Having low E isn't a bad thing, its better than having low I anyway. It helps your E cap increase faster, for example.))
Actually, I wanted to ask about this rule. Why would having low Essence result in a larger cap? This makes no sense to me. Someone with low amounts of Essence wouldn't need an increased cap because what they have isn't even enough to fill their current one. Someone with lots of Essence on the other hand would have more need of a bigger cap so they can have more Essence.

It lets them give E-cap to other-things, for one. It also lets them convert it into I cap if they need it. Really, "maximum amount you can store" is basically the only cap function that it doesn't effect.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-Creator of Woven Worlds Productions!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3359 on: September 28, 2015, 08:08:26 pm »

I'm considering integrating into the world. I'm just not sure what I should become.
Funding rebels because seriously, fuck those guys.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))
Pages: 1 ... 222 223 [224] 225 226 ... 241