Start from scratch for YG-lite
- 3 (9.1%)
Do both
- 5 (15.2%)
Do both
- 2 (6.1%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Pages: 1 ... 232 233 [234] 235 236 ... 241

Author Topic: Ye Gods 2 OOC [31/137] [Sign-ups go here]  (Read 231652 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods 2 OOC [31/137] [Sign-ups go here]
« Reply #3495 on: October 06, 2015, 11:24:40 am »

I don't see how forcing players to mingle is a bad thing. The game becomes boring if everyone just holes up in their own nook with only occasional interaction.

Forcing everyone to need five gods to get anything done isn't any fun either. It makes since to remove or limit the collaboration requirement, now that Gods can be killed by slightly-more mundane means the Godslayer trait itself has hit a massive nerf. It doesn't make sense to have it the same price now that it no longer has the same function.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3496 on: October 06, 2015, 01:37:13 pm »

I don't see how forcing players to mingle is a bad thing. The game becomes boring if everyone just holes up in their own nook with only occasional interaction.
That's the problem, it's forcing them to mingle.
Not everyone plays MMORPGs to join a guild. Not everyone joins an RP to group up.

Sometimes you want your character to go lone wolf, but in a world with other people. Since that means if you want to talk to someone, you can.

This is also why I'm not so comfortable with gods knowing everything in the IC thread despite not having been there.
I don't want the characters, god or no, to know everything about each other despite never having met.
Hence why, when I have my god walk the land, they don't receive any of the messages unless targeted, or people shout so hard the entire world can hear it.
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3497 on: October 06, 2015, 06:46:13 pm »

Vir...is probably actually talking that loud without realizing it
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3498 on: October 06, 2015, 08:44:01 pm »

Why play a multiplayer game if not to play with other people? For the opportunity every once in a while to maybe do so?

Seems...I dunno. I don't really get it, and honestly, the stuff where you have to work together isn't that big of a deal anyway. Plenty of MMORPGs have raids you can't do alone effectively.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #3499 on: October 06, 2015, 08:50:26 pm »

Why play a multiplayer game if not to play with other people? For the opportunity every once in a while to maybe do so?

Seems...I dunno. I don't really get it, and honestly, the stuff where you have to work together isn't that big of a deal anyway. Plenty of MMORPGs have raids you can't do alone effectively.

To play against other people? Not every character interaction has to be friendly.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #3500 on: October 06, 2015, 08:53:26 pm »

You don't have to play with other people to play with them. If that makes sense :-\ (PPE: Ninja Stirk strikes again!)

I'm just taking this from a personality POV, I'm quite a massive introvert so I prefer messing about on my own. Playing with other people is cool and all, but it's usually secondary to the stuff I want to do on my own.

In saying that, I'm kind of on the fence about collaboration. Some powerful things can be made with collaboration (all the discounts and the essence pool being bigger) but there is massive potential for abuse.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3501 on: October 06, 2015, 08:54:22 pm »

You don't have to play with other people to play with them. If that makes sense :-\ (PPE: Ninja Stirk strikes again!)

I'm just taking this from a personality POV, I'm quite a massive introvert so I prefer messing about on my own. Playing with other people is cool and all, but it's usually secondary to the stuff I want to do on my own.

In saying that, I'm kind of on the fence about collaboration. Some powerful things can be made with collaboration (all the discounts and the essence pool being bigger) but there is massive potential for abuse.
This is incredibly true, although I am much more gregarious on the Internet.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #3502 on: October 06, 2015, 11:22:55 pm »

Also, happy demon, I just realized something. It is technically next tick and KJP accepted your character, both by your own rules and the rules of the game you are free to introduce yourself at any time.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3503 on: October 07, 2015, 04:47:44 am »

Also, happy demon, I just realized something. It is technically next tick and KJP accepted your character, both by your own rules and the rules of the game you are free to introduce yourself at any time.
Well, Rekkr would then see a lot for the first time in this world. So I kinda need the next tick to be up completely to know how she'll react.
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #3504 on: October 07, 2015, 08:25:47 am »

Question (perhaps of the silly variety): can a 2E plane, added to an existing 10E plane, be locked with the same rules as a 10E plane?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3505 on: October 07, 2015, 08:49:17 am »

Question, would it be possible to create demigods by mating with a fine specimen of a humanoid race?

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3506 on: October 07, 2015, 08:54:59 am »

Question, would it be possible to create demigods by mating with a fine specimen of a humanoid race?

No.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #3507 on: October 07, 2015, 08:59:49 am »

It would technically result in a demigod. How powerful the demigod is depends on how much you would like to pay for this fairly plot-significant action. (Were it free, anyone would be able to raise an army of demigods, which is frankly quite unbalanced.)
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3508 on: October 07, 2015, 09:46:30 am »

So how does a demigod differ to a humanoid and/or an angel

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #3509 on: October 07, 2015, 09:50:25 am »

So how does a demigod differ to a humanoid and/or an angel

Age-Old studies Fusil performed with cloning vats suggests they start out as babies, taking at least several ticks to grow to full strength. They never got past that stage though....

Pages: 1 ... 232 233 [234] 235 236 ... 241