Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many collaborators should [Godslayer] creation require?

0 (total 1)
- 2 (14.3%)
1 (total of 2)
- 4 (28.6%)
2 (total of 3) (current)
- 6 (42.9%)
3 (total of 4)
- 0 (0%)
4 (total of 5)
- 2 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 246

Author Topic: Ye Gods 2 IC Tick 11.0 Walls and Walls and Walls [29/137]  (Read 283089 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods 2 IC Tick 2: Birth of Life [22/137]
« Reply #615 on: August 21, 2015, 11:25:16 am »

"I through around more paper on the immortality then some do on der race. 200 years is a number you pulled outa yer ear."
"Response:()=reasonable_
Reasoning:()=valid_
Subject designate:("Don Giovanni"); correct_
Trait:(immortality);[=}death:(age)=false_"
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: August 21, 2015, 12:47:53 pm »

((yay!))

Veles wanders around a temperate region of the first planet, liking what he sees.

He snaps his fingers to summon a large pile of red clay, and digs his hands into it, shaping and sculpting it to his delight. Slowly, a shape is forming: humanoid; short, but lithe.

He picks up a fallen twig, marking the clay gently with lines to approximate hair, and draws two curved lines down the mid-section, outlining the central part. Cupping his head in his hands thoughtfully, he decides to run his hand within this outline, and colours it white.

The top he molds into a heart-shape, the curved parts of which he further refines into points, and shades one side of these point whites.

He picks up a small amount of clay from the remaining pile, working it into a tapered cylinder. At one end of this cylinder, he pops a black stone on, and fits the opposite end into the centre of the heart-shape on top of the humanoid shape.

Above the cylinder, he scoops out some clay in two spots, and slides two white stones in the holes.

Veles steps back from his creation, looking it up and down. He smiles and nods, pleased with his efforts, then wiggles his index finger into the mid-section.

Creative energy flows into the piece, which begins to glow gently; the points on top start to flick back and forth, turning into ears. The tapered cylinder twitches, becoming a nose and mouth. The white stones soften and shiver, black points show in the middle, colour spreading out, and the stones are now eyes.

Veles removes his finger and smooths over the hole as the rest of his sculpture begins to take life.

After the process is complete, a humanoid fox stands before him, so he smiles and says:

Hello! You are the first of your kind, the Kitsoony. I made you, and you will receive my love and protection in return for worship, and some degree of entertainment.

You needn't worry, though, you have been instilled with the same love of performance as I have. Masterful performances may even be rewarded with a boon, but I will look after you regardless.

Now go, my child, and live. Others shall be along shortly to join you!

Create the Kitsoony

Create a small village, named BroadRoad, for the Kitsoony.

Also create a fruit-bearing tree for the Kitsoony so they can eat, and use the wood to create things. Create some boring insects and plants they can use to make paints and such from, because wood is a bit boring to look at after a while...

Create an after-life plane for the Kitsoony, accessible only for Kitsoony souls that Veles has created, and close off the corridor to Sheol.

Spoiler: Kitsoony after-life (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Kitsoony (click to show/hide)

Let it be known, fellow gods, the Kitsoony are a very loving race. They wish to learn more of any of the races you create so they can bring the gift of theatre to them, and so they can write some pieces tailored to your own races' particular entertainment requirements.

There is a school of performing arts in BroadRoad, to which your races may send individuals who wish to learn about us and learn some of our performance skills.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Ama

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm alive!
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: August 21, 2015, 01:04:22 pm »

Appear before the majority of the Star-People.

"THE PLANETS AND SUNS ARE MOSTLY DONE MY FOLLOWERS"
"MANY OF THE GODS HAVE FORMED NEW RACES TO INHABIT THEN"
"JOURNEY TO THEM SO THAT YOU MAY LEARN, TRADE, AND SHOW THEM THE WONDERS OF THE SKY"

Jens speaks to those Wisps that have been created:

"Do not be afraid. The mad gods wish you no harm(best I know). Sooner or later a star will be created, and soon with that a planet, and with that, your home. Go with peace, and wait for happiness, the goal of all your lives."

"SINCE WE ARE THE CREATORS OF THE FIRST TWO RACES IVE BEEN THINKING SOME FORM OF DEFENCIVE PACT WOULD HELP OUR FOLLOWERS"

"AFTER ALL I DONT TRUST ANY OF THESE GODS WITH NOT HARMING SAPIENT LIFE"

"WELL DO YOU WANT THE DEFENCIVE PACT OR NOT"
« Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 01:16:10 pm by Ama »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: August 21, 2015, 02:57:28 pm »

>This Aspect is under the impression that this Aspect was the first to design a sentient lifeform, if not the first to implement their design. 
>This Aspect would prefer that the issue be clarified but does not place any priority upon so doing.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: August 21, 2015, 03:04:26 pm »

((another mini-clarification: Every single passage to sheol were supposed to be redirected to the entrance of the tribunal instead of merely the majority. Also I'm also making underworlds to every moon that have a liquid mantle. Didn't specify moons because I wasn't sure if they'd have one.))
Add a portal to every underworld in a designated room of the tribunal. Souls will be directed here after receiving their judgement. There will also be a door leading to the underworld in which the tribunal is set in the same room.

Ensure that each solid moon have a liquid mantle at creation.
((is it too late for that?))
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: August 21, 2015, 03:10:38 pm »

Zenurion attempts to make the crystal moon have a liquid mantle.
>Access Denied.
Tenat prevents Zenurion from interfering with the crystal moon.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: August 21, 2015, 03:25:50 pm »

"WELL DO YOU WANT THE DEFENCIVE PACT OR NOT"
"Well... um... yes."
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: August 21, 2015, 03:52:40 pm »

Meow attempts to figure out why there are lost souls and where they are going. Upon finding any, if he can, he guides them towards one of the pleasant afterlives.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: August 21, 2015, 03:58:22 pm »

>Access Denied.

Why not? Doesn't make any sense to me...
Do not give a liquid mantle to the crystal moon.

Hmm.... Looks like I won't have much to do for a while...
Zenurion turns his attention to the Kitsoony

These things look fun. Maybe I could teach them a few tricks.
Offer classes to Kitsoony on how to create a believable and memorable villain in a work of fiction. Teaching various archetypes such as the mad scientist, the evil overlord, the doomsday wizard, the magnificent bastard, the usurping adviser, the massively overzealous white knight organization, the dogmatic church leaders and tragic ones such as a necromancer desperate to bring their loved one back to life. Explain that villains need a proper motivation beyond simply being evil to be believable, and that a well written one can make a generic story into a memorable work of art. Also dispel the silly notion that the hero always has to win, as making the villain win sometimes will make the story more unpredictable and therefore more entertaining.

Introduce the concept of hell and propose a few ideas, such a hero trying to save a loved one from eternal damnation.
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: August 21, 2015, 04:03:58 pm »

>Access Denied.

Offer classes to Kitsoony on how to create a believable and memorable villain in a work of fiction. Teaching various archetypes such as the mad scientist, the evil overlord, the doomsday wizard, the magnificent bastard, the usurping adviser, the massively overzealous white knight organization, the dogmatic church leaders and tragic ones such as a necromancer desperate to bring their loved one back to life. Explain that villains need a proper motivation beyond simply being evil to be believable, and that a well written one can make a generic story into a memorable work of art. Also dispel the silly notion that the hero always has to win, as making the villain win sometimes will make the story more unpredictable and therefore more entertaining.

Introduce the concept of hell and propose a few ideas, such a hero trying to save a loved one from eternal damnation.

Talios pops in to give advice on how to realistically portray necromancy.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: August 21, 2015, 04:12:10 pm »

((hmm...))

Make sure the gods offering advice are only offering advice, not doing anything untoward to my little babies the Kitsoony
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: August 21, 2015, 04:12:54 pm »

>Access Denied.

Talios pops in to give advice on how to realistically portray necromancy.
Meow provides advise on trickster characters and various ways they can catalyze the plot.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: August 21, 2015, 04:15:36 pm »

((Eh, everyone else is doing it  :P))

Teach them how to add moral lessons to their works. Like Friendship, Family, and how stealing with Friends and Family is better that thieving alone.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: August 21, 2015, 04:19:48 pm »

((anyone else? :P))

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: August 21, 2015, 04:21:39 pm »

[Si]
Gaia, Unpolluted Lands

Si sees the Kitsoony, and is troubled.
Those hairy things, they look warm. I want to make my creatures warm, they need to be for the cold world, but copying is bad...
H-how do I solve this?

Si experiments with essence, trying to find a design for warmth which doesn't involve growing fur.
Si glances at the Kitsoony from time to time, making sure she's not copying them, intentionally making the design different.
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 246