Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many collaborators should [Godslayer] creation require?

0 (total 1)
- 2 (14.3%)
1 (total of 2)
- 4 (28.6%)
2 (total of 3) (current)
- 6 (42.9%)
3 (total of 4)
- 0 (0%)
4 (total of 5)
- 2 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Pages: 1 ... 167 168 [169] 170 171 ... 246

Author Topic: Ye Gods 2 IC Tick 11.0 Walls and Walls and Walls [29/137]  (Read 284402 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods 2 IC Tick 9.0 Toil and Turmoil [26/137]
« Reply #2520 on: September 19, 2015, 11:57:28 am »

No worries in that regard, ZRJ. It's not as though a city and a tree could try to off each other in secret...
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #2521 on: September 19, 2015, 11:58:45 am »

"Subject designate:("Sylvan"); query/;>_
refusal:(compromise:(resource:(wood)))[?]_
reminder:(self:(pantheon:(membership))_
IF:(war:(self[-]"Sylvan")){likely}; THEN:(establish:(rules:(engagement)))[?]_
purpose:(prevent:(incident:(similarity:(pantheon:("First"))))_"
((Translation please? I haven't managed to master dechiphering your programspeak yet. Something about rules of engagement for the war maybe, referring to the whole Fiasco with the first pantheon when they tried to murder Zenurion?))

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #2522 on: September 19, 2015, 11:59:20 am »

Propose that all attempts at stopping Zenurion from spreading evil be punished by being sealed in the black chamber for 1 tick, for the same reason that any attempt at stopping the tree god from spreading his influence is met by council lynching.

Further propose that the same be applied to the aspects of every gods, if only to be fair. The only acceptable opposition is the creation of a poorly thought workaround that fails to fix more than half of the problem.

No. Just no.
Oppose both.
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2523 on: September 19, 2015, 12:04:54 pm »

Propose that all attempts at stopping Zenurion from spreading evil be punished by being sealed in the black chamber for 1 tick, for the same reason that any attempt at stopping the tree god from spreading his influence is met by council lynching.

Further propose that the same be applied to the aspects of every gods, if only to be fair. The only acceptable opposition is the creation of a poorly thought workaround that fails to fix more than half of the problem.[/b]
Oppose and Oppose

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2524 on: September 19, 2015, 12:34:15 pm »

"Subject designate:("Sylvan"); query/;>_
refusal:(compromise:(resource:(wood)))[?]_
reminder:(self:(pantheon:(membership))_
IF:(war:(self[-]"Sylvan")){likely}; THEN:(establish:(rules:(engagement)))[?]_
purpose:(prevent:(incident:(similarity:(pantheon:("First"))))_"
"...I am still internally debating the issue, but would like to offer some ideas for terms of engagement should this come to war. Primarily, if we just establish that we will not attempt to kill the opposing god, that would be seem a good starting point. Whoever wins, neither of us dies or is imprisoned for a thousand years or anything like that.

Secondly, I propose that rather than wasting the lives of our followers in conflict, we have a duel, or multiple duels, between selected champions to decide the engagement, with the loser having to give in to the demands of the winner. If I lose, I'd be disallowed from killing lumberjacks and pay a 2 essence tribute, I you lose, you're not allowed to do anything about me killing lumberjacks. Or something like that?"

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2525 on: September 19, 2015, 12:52:33 pm »

"Processing..._
query/;}terms:(engagement:(duel)); champion:(prerequisites)=exist:(prior:(dispute))[?]_
IF:(champion:(exist:(prior))=true);THEN:(duel:(favorable:("Sylvan")))_
concern:(opportunity:(interference:(gods:(other[-]participants))))=high_
conditions:(results)=acceptable_
request:(agent{"Thanatos"}:(convey:(message{public}:("Qytesis Xyweus Talios"))))_
[message content]:/}subject designate:(Qytesis Xyweus Talios"); request:(preside:(oath{potential}:(gods:(self[-]"Sylvan"))))_"

Spoiler: translation (click to show/hide)
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2526 on: September 19, 2015, 12:55:57 pm »

I COULD MAKE SURE THAT NOTHING HAPPENS TO DISRUPT THE PROCEEDINGS OF A DUEL, BUT MAY I MAKE A SUGGESTION THAT THREE DUELS HAPPEN ONE PER A WORLD?
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2527 on: September 19, 2015, 01:06:27 pm »

I COULD MAKE SURE THAT NOTHING HAPPENS TO DISRUPT THE PROCEEDINGS OF A DUEL, BUT MAY I MAKE A SUGGESTION THAT THREE DUELS HAPPEN ONE PER A WORLD?
"Subject designate:("Overbrain"); suggestion=reasonable_
query/;}champions:(multiple{3})[?]_"
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2528 on: September 19, 2015, 01:10:23 pm »

IN ORDER FOR ONE TO "WIN" ONE WOULD HAVE TO HAVE THERE CHAMPIONS WIN TWICE, THIS ALSO HELP MAKE THINGS MORE... INTERESTING
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2529 on: September 19, 2015, 01:18:09 pm »

"Processing..._
query/;}terms:(engagement:(duel)); champion:(prerequisites)=exist:(prior:(dispute))[?]_
IF:(champion:(exist:(prior))=true);THEN:(duel:(favorable:("Sylvan")))_
concern:(opportunity:(interference:(gods:(other[-]participants))))=high_
conditions:(results)=acceptable_
request:(agent{"Thanatos"}:(convey:(message{public}:("Qytesis Xyweus Talios"))))_
[message content]:/}subject designate:(Qytesis Xyweus Talios"); request:(preside:(oath{potential}:(gods:(self[-]"Sylvan"))))_"

Spoiler: translation (click to show/hide)
"I suggest the following:

The champion could have existed previously, but you can also create a custom champion specifically for the duel. To prevent an imbalance one way or the other, we institute a essence limit on how much you are allowed to invest in the champion, and no other gods are allowed to help you create the champion.

Seems fair?

I have no real solution to other gods interfering so that's a definite flaw."

"Subject designate:("Overbrain"); suggestion=reasonable_
query/;}champions:(multiple{3})[?]_"
"Three champions seems good, but I'm not sure on designating one for each world, this could potentially result in an incomplete conclusion which would be irritating. I'd prefer a definite outcome so I can do my best to accommodate it one way or the other rather than having to make multiple solutions for a different situations."

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2530 on: September 19, 2015, 01:18:25 pm »

Further propose that the same be applied to the aspects of every gods, if only to be fair. The only acceptable opposition is the creation of a poorly thought workaround that fails to fix more than half of the problem.

No. Just no.
Oppose both.

Further propose that the same be applied to the aspects of every gods, if only to be fair. The only acceptable opposition is the creation of a poorly thought workaround that fails to fix more than half of the problem.[/b]
Oppose and Oppose

((Why do you need to make silly proposals all the time? :P))

Oppose and Oppose

Where is this Council lynching you speak of?
((I only make silly proposals when someone does something just as silly :P))
Oh what? It's fine to brutally murder everyone that so much as touches your aspect as long as it's not me doing it?

Also I OPPOSE the duel, too easy to cheat when it's on such a small scale.
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #2531 on: September 19, 2015, 01:19:02 pm »

"What makes ya tink we will go along wit dis duel?"

The Don crosses his arms, pointing the pistol at Eid's angel still.

"I happen ta like da illegal lumbajackin'. Its like car jackin', but wit lumba. An I gots more followas den dat city ova der. What makes ya tink dis will solve everything?"
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2532 on: September 19, 2015, 01:22:31 pm »

Also I OPPOSE the duel, too easy to cheat when it's on such a small scale.
"I fail to see why you have any say in this at all considering it is a matter between me and Zhin."

"What makes ya tink we will go along wit dis duel?"

The Don crosses his arms, pointing the pistol at Eid's angel still.

"I happen ta like da illegal lumbajackin'. Its like car jackin', but wit lumba. An I gots more followas den dat city ova der. What makes ya tink dis will solve everything?"
"I don't think any of us ever said this would solve everything. It would however, resolve the conflict between me and Zhin should we decide not to compromise in another manner. Nowhere was it mentioned that all the other gods have to go along with our decision. I'd like to mention again I've not even decided yet if I actually want to solve this through violence or not."

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2533 on: September 19, 2015, 01:25:31 pm »

"Subjects designate:("Zenurion"[-]"Don Giovanni"); involvement=minimal_
dispute:("Sylvan"[-]self); proposal:("Council")=false_
lumberjack:(legality)=true(; murder:(lumberjack)=true_
solve:(all)=false(; solve:(sufficient)=true_
query/;}IF:(win:(self));THEN:(lumberjacking:(illegal:(enforcement=poor))); desirable[?]_"
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2534 on: September 19, 2015, 01:26:54 pm »

THIS IS BETWEEN SYLVAN AND ZHIN, IF SYLVAN'S CHAMPIONS WIN ZHIN'S FOLLOWERS WILL NOT BE ABLE TO CUT DOWN TREES, IF ZHIN'S CHAMPIONS WIN SYLVAN WILL NOT BE ABLE TO KILL LUMBERJACKS, DO WE NEED A TIME LIMIT FOR THIS AGREEMENT?
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.
Pages: 1 ... 167 168 [169] 170 171 ... 246