Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14

Author Topic: 23rd century botony! (A wild sequel appears!)  (Read 21017 times)

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
Re: 23rd century capitalism! (Back from the dead?)
« Reply #150 on: October 12, 2015, 02:32:51 pm »

ghaz, you read that wrong. the executives are getting far more out of the ground then we are, whereas we're the ones profiting from taking prisoners.

D.

Tell him to have a month's worth of ceasefire at least. It seems like we BOTH need time to recover and it'd be a good time to spy/recon the syndicate. He would have to deal with his lower level management that decided to start bombing each other/bomb our meeting also so he's probally going to have to clean house a bit.

We on the other hand just have to hold on to what we have and maybe capture some sleeper agents. Then when the month is up just start up the sieges again but starting with the local syndicate leaders we know were responcible for the bombing/possibly linked to the bombing. Explain to Netan that were not after him just the people that wronged us. Which is just a way to attack him without him getting too uppity and if he does..

Okay so the CEOs don't give a fuck who lives and dies...that is...excellent. My type of job.

Uhm with the fun shit assignments i meant that he would make sure that we are getting handed to some suicide missions so he can take revenge on us.

anyway:

E) They want to play Hardball with suicide bombers? fine. Accept Netans offer, plant a suicide bomb in him without him noticing...oh and in all of his cronies we need to release...wait for the right moment...boom. When that business is finished mop up the Syndicate, but this time properly. Enough of the niceties, we have enough people in the labor camps that we dont need to care about new prisoners. Make sure they drown in their own blood. Show them what pure terror means. If faced with a guerilla force you can only work effectively if you don't have to take care of a civilian population. Since that is not the case here: Flamethrowers, Chemical Weapons and street by street cleansings till they understand that there is no conditional surrender to be had. That we don't care how many die, that we don't give a single, flying, fuck if we have to walk over mountains of dead people. Oldtown is the prize. Not its people. They are an optional goal. If they want to resist they will see what they will get from that.

^ this can only end well.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: October 12, 2015, 04:03:47 pm »

Boulder's a shithole. Leadership anywhere in this game world, with the exception of the mountain men, is an invitation to murder. I say we hop on the internet, search out areas of natural wilderness,and do some traveling, taking pictures and gathering samples, then return to the mountain men and retire. If we need a seat on the council in order to have the funding ans 'security' to attempt this with a minimum of interference, so be it.

Alternatively, we to our traveling tour, then instead of heading to the mountain men, we inquire of them as to a likely place we could set up a similar compound, and take our men and women and settle there and build an underground oasis like the mountain men have - or as close as we can manage.

Also, we watched Bose do the suicide bomb in the body trick. How did we fall for it also?

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: October 12, 2015, 05:48:04 pm »

Not sure where the consensus lies here.  I'm getting a vibe to stop the war from Ozrck, getting a vibe to fight honorably from Playergamer, getting a vibe to burn the earth from Ghazkull and getting a vibe to fight honorably and then burn the earth from 3man75.  Doesn't seem mutually incompatible so I'll give it a little more time and then go with whatever strikes my fancy if a consensus doesn't emerge.

Alternatively, we to our traveling tour, then instead of heading to the mountain men, we inquire of them as to a likely place we could set up a similar compound, and take our men and women and settle there and build an underground oasis like the mountain men have - or as close as we can manage.

Well Cavern Forge is already pretty close to that.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: October 12, 2015, 06:51:56 pm »

Much like a mud hut is close to Taj Mahal. Nevertheless, it's a good enough starting point. Let's find something worth trading with the Mountain Men and turn Canyon Forge into something worthwhile. But stay in Boulder until we can make a good go of it.

Eh, accept Netan's offer, with the provision that violent crime be curbed and the Syndicate cooperate in efforts to feed and house the needy. Let the Syndicate and the council remain in opposition. We got what we wanted out of this. No need for more. Or are we the very thing we fought against so long (Norris, the old Mayor, that guy who stole all the food, etc.). Are we merely opportunists who feed off the suffering of others? I had hoped from the beginning that we weren't, but when we chose otherwise, it inevitably went poorly for us. Only when we were willing to crush our enemies , see them driven before us, and hear the lamentations of their women were we rewarded.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: October 12, 2015, 07:18:40 pm »

What do you mean being the good guy got you in trouble?  Take a step back and consider the cause Tyler joined when he signed up with Carter.  Consider it like someone not from Boulder would see it.

The closest Tyler has been to being an angel so far is when he set up protection for the merchants between Boulder and Provo and that went pretty well and got him a promotion.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 07:21:30 pm by mainiac »
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: October 12, 2015, 09:18:36 pm »

3man75's proposal.

1. Let him go on the condition of a ceasefire and a pledge (done on camera) that he will reign in the syndicate's suacide bombing.

2. Impart explosives on him and the other survivors.

3. Make sure he is followed and spied on by our own people and wait for him to meet his the other Syndicate leaders.

4. Blow up the meeting. Publicly denounce the syndicate for blowing up their own guys and go after them like we use to. Without leadership and popular support they'll fall this time.

4 - step plans are best plans.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: October 12, 2015, 09:24:34 pm »

Man, I've really created a monster here.  :P  I gave you what I thought was the evil option and you said "NOPE, not evil enough!"  I might just pull a dues ex machina on y'all at this rate.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 09:28:18 pm by mainiac »
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: October 12, 2015, 10:09:50 pm »

Man, I've really created a monster here.  :P  I gave you what I thought was the evil option and you said "NOPE, not evil enough!"  I might just pull a dues ex machina on y'all at this rate.

Isn't this what the FBI does all the time to catch dudes in the Cartel? Release a trusted messenger/leader and let them go back to HQ. Hopefully they get others together and then BOOM raid by the swat team/Milatarized task force. Of course my way revolves around explosions per recomended by Dr. Michael Bay.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: October 12, 2015, 10:14:17 pm »

It also relies on them not looking out for the exact same strategy that just failed...
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: October 13, 2015, 04:37:15 am »

thats why everyone gets those bombs, so the detectors go wild and people go..."ah goddamnit that thing is crap." because the other option would be that everyone has bombs in his/her chest cavity...which would be ridiculous.

i will put an addendum to my Option E then:

In case explosives do not work, keep Death Squad ready for the conventional way

3man: using option D here and then going my way has one massive problem: You give him no reason to get the leaders together since he can continue as before until the CEOs intervene, since you basically say: nope  we dont accept your offer now go back home. It also gives no reason to release his cronies.
On top of that with no agreement and no reason given to release him or his men would look awfully suspicious, whereas if we com to an "agreement" we have perfect justification to release the lot and they HAVE to meet to agree that they will stop bombing and agree to accept our offer.

Ozarck: we can't just leave we are currently employed. Once boulder is cleeaned up we will have enough cash to get back our military grade armours and shit and then we can deal with the Mountain Men in an effective way. They will rather hire us if we are a well-equipped military force rather than a bunch of half-starved veterans.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: October 13, 2015, 06:05:44 am »

3Man and Ghazkull have been pretty consistent in wanting to do it evil, and you've been pretty consistent in the "evil pays" system, so this shouldn't be a surprise.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: October 13, 2015, 07:00:40 am »

nah i was teh loyalty to our group guy and the lets go to europe guy. But since that didn't work out i decided to just go full on military crackdown corporate goons. At least until our company is rich enough and well-equipped enough to do the Mountain Men and/or Europe shtick

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: October 13, 2015, 08:21:17 am »

nah i was teh loyalty to our group guy and the lets go to europe guy. But since that didn't work out i decided to just go full on military crackdown corporate goons. At least until our company is rich enough and well-equipped enough to do the Mountain Men and/or Europe shtick
oh right. My bad. It's been a few weeks.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: October 13, 2015, 10:50:36 am »

Would love to create a global Empire tbh.

thats why everyone gets those bombs, so the detectors go wild and people go..."ah goddamnit that thing is crap." because the other option would be that everyone has bombs in his/her chest cavity...which would be ridiculous.

i will put an addendum to my Option E then:

In case explosives do not work, keep Death Squad ready for the conventional way

3man: using option D here and then going my way has one massive problem: You give him no reason to get the leaders together since he can continue as before until the CEOs intervene, since you basically say: nope  we dont accept your offer now go back home. It also gives no reason to release his cronies.
On top of that with no agreement and no reason given to release him or his men would look awfully suspicious, whereas if we com to an "agreement" we have perfect justification to release the lot and they HAVE to meet to agree that they will stop bombing and agree to accept our offer.

Ozarck: we can't just leave we are currently employed. Once boulder is cleeaned up we will have enough cash to get back our military grade armours and shit and then we can deal with the Mountain Men in an effective way. They will rather hire us if we are a well-equipped military force rather than a bunch of half-starved veterans.

I've kinda changed my mind on using option D. An yes he would because if you remember they are literally out of fricking control and killing each other. Their leader needs to start getting shit together again or his organization will tear itself apart along with the rest of the city.

On top of that we could lie about agreeing to his deal IF he gets his goons to stop suicide bombing.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: October 13, 2015, 11:53:10 am »

ûhhh... that is my entire point ;P
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14