Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 47

Author Topic: Blind Fate - Turn 42 (Updated 2/24)  (Read 46688 times)

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
Re: Blind Fate - Sci Fi Colonization/Survival/Exploration - Turn 3
« Reply #90 on: September 19, 2015, 04:12:09 pm »

((Burn a small portion.))
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
Turn 4
« Reply #91 on: September 20, 2015, 03:45:21 am »

1602 GREENHEART TIME, MAY 21st, 301 P.L
ERROR: FAILED TO CONNECT TO INTERNET TIME SERVER.

Mark Johns'son (Pencil_Art):
The ship sits in a sort of depression, although it's unclear if it sunk over time or if the ship survived an impact that left a crater. You do know that none of the stasis pod parachutes engaged, and all of them fell out of the ship at some point and stuck into the ground at various angles. The pods are all several meters from the ship.

What's clear is that the shuttle did not scrape over the surface much at all. It came at a steep angle.

Arthur Staunch (Megggas):
[3] The friends list won't open! Fortunately, one of the players is quite willing to provide you with information...
"Yeah, the update is pretty gnarly. They revamped the UI for full immersion, no menus, no friend lists, just unadulterated realism. Oh and here's the real kicker, if you die you die in real life too."

"Oh and doing a Swahili rain dance can help generate rare loot, so you might want to get cracking on that."

"Yeah, and you see that bald guy over there, cueball? He's a bugged NPC everything he says is bullshit so don't listen to him."

Spoiler: Status,Traits,Invntory (click to show/hide)

Cueball (Paphi):
[4] You broadcast a signal, hopefully identifying this shuttle to the other survivors, should they be awake. It looks from the data on the blackbox that the ship that the pods were only awoken because their onboard battery was low. They were separated from their docks after all. Perhaps that data will be useful in tracking down how this ship crashed.

Within a minute, you manage to get another response, this time via text.
Shuttle G19, this is Ricardo Graves from shuttle G2. I got the radio working but there are no supplies. Mind sharing if you got any? I'm solo here.
We should try to figure out our locations. The shipbrain says we're 352 meters apart. If we get more shuttles in on this we can try to pinpoint their locations too, but we need to find each other in this storm first.

Nyar Donovon (WunderKatze):
You dip your hand into the gel and find that it is quite viscous. Useful in theory, but you will have to put it to practical use first.
[5 - New Miniquest] Testing commences!
You hand a small glob of oxygel to Cabinboy, who torches it with his left hand. It catches fire and provides quite a bit of warmth.

The fire glob continues burning even in the rain. (+1 to Applied Phlebotinum)

Nole (Slayer1557):
((Didn't receive an action! Quoting some last posts))
You store the bandages and gels in your new suit's hermetic utility pocket.

The tubes are each about a meter long and 13 kg each. [3] Your search under the pilot's seat yields a spare gadget--a handheld probe designed to test soil for pH and important minerals.

The explosives in the canopy are hidden under some shock-absorbent rubber. With CAB-iN-Boy's assistance you are able to rip it off and procure six small charges, as well as associated wiring.

Your suit indeed can set a timer! The controls require that you tap the chin, using your eyes to move the cursor.
Quote from: Blackbox data
0040:33, MAY 20st, 301 P.L: Cargo loaded -- eight pods, one large crate, one medical crate, one set of prospecting tools
0153:52, MAY 20st, 301 P.L: Emergency launch engaged
0205:24, MAY 20st, 301 P.L: Impact, setting altitude: 0m
0205:24, MAY 20st, 301 P.L: Hull integrity lost
0205:53, MAY 20st, 301 P.L: Impact at altitude -34m
0205:57, MAY 20st, 301 P.L: Vehicle is stationary
1400:21, MAY 21st, 301 P.L: Received warning from pod 0: Low power
...5 more
1559:40, MAY 21st, 301 P.L: Low power. Awakening pod 0
...5 more
1559:01, MAY 21st, 301 P.L: Pods opened. Unlocking Cabinboy awareness.

CAB-iN-Boy 1000 (DigitalDemon):

[5 - New Miniquest] The oxygel burns readily. In fact, you seem to be quite good with the blowtorch. A flamethrower is a versatile tool indeed...

The giant ray looks like a giant ray. It doesn't react to your presence, and in fact it doesn't have any eyes on the top. Behind it is a giant trail of sludge, ((Trailing off to the "west")) which is slightly green-tinted and definitely a stark contrast to the surrounding sands. The reason you couldn't see the trail before is because of the angle--you would have had to see through meters of gentle mist along the ground first.

« Last Edit: September 20, 2015, 02:37:36 pm by _DivideByZero_ »
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
Re: Blind Fate - Sci Fi Colonization/Survival/Exploration - Turn 4
« Reply #92 on: September 20, 2015, 04:09:04 am »

Cabin-Boy looks at Nyar."If you need anything else, just ask! Seeya!"

Grab the ray and blowtorch it. Then look for something in the ship that I could use to fix my data analyzer.
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

Paphi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 20, 2015, 12:29:39 pm »

((I think you clipped my turn a bit.))

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 20, 2015, 02:36:39 pm »

((I think you clipped my turn a bit.))
((I seem to be doing this a lot lately. Curses.))

Paphi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 20, 2015, 05:50:38 pm »

((Alright, time to do work.))

See what information the ship has - prior orbital info, any topographical info at all, radiation on the planet, a manual for the ship, a manual for survivors, hidden compartments, any and everything. Scour the computer.

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 20, 2015, 10:16:34 pm »

"Wow, thanks for the help, man.  I don't know how to do the 'Swahili rain dance' though.  Eh, you seem like a pro, I'm just gonna stick with you until I get my bearings."

Follow Nyar like an annoying fanboy.  Constantly pester him with game related questions, carelessly get in his way as he tries doing things, and beg him for free loot every five minutes.
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 20, 2015, 11:50:22 pm »

Mark looks around and sees if he can identify any unnatural looking objects, or things large and distinctive enough to provide a suitable landmark.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 21, 2015, 12:19:55 am »

Mark looks around and sees if he can identify any unnatural looking objects, or things large and distinctive enough to provide a suitable landmark.

Looking around? There's hardly anything, although the cabinboy is currently torching a puddle for what it's worth.

If you want to wander about, you may want to invest in a hazardsuit from the shuttle. Only minutes of oxygen left.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 21, 2015, 12:31:08 am »

"Wow, thanks for the help, man.  I don't know how to do the 'Swahili rain dance' though.  Eh, you seem like a pro, I'm just gonna stick with you until I get my bearings."

Follow Nyar like an annoying fanboy.  Constantly pester him with game related questions, carelessly get in his way as he tries doing things, and beg him for free loot every five minutes.

Nyar gives a surprised look. That backfired very quickly, I did not see that coming.

"Well I hope you have a high tolerance for pain kiddo."
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 21, 2015, 12:45:35 am »

Now for test number two. "Hey Cabin-boy, favor please.... Light Arthur on fire. It's for science."

"I mean... Give him a small burn."

Offer gel to Arthur to apply to burn if/after he gets burned.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2015, 12:52:45 am by WunderKatze »

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

Slayer1557

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 21, 2015, 01:29:37 am »

((sorry bout the short absence.))
Nole looks over the probe and nods in understanding.  He pockets it and leaves the shuttle.  "Hey, someone want to come with me to scout out the area?  I want to do a sweep in a wide circle around our shuttle.  Not too far, just staying with sight of the shuttle.  It would also be great if we could get a signal light or anything to make the shuttle easier to spot at a distance."

Start a timer, just b'cause.  Go searching in a wide circle around the shuttle, staying within sight of it, preferably with a buddy.  Yay buddy system!

Paphi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 21, 2015, 02:16:05 am »

"I've contacted a survivor about 350 meters away, but we don't know which direction we are yet."

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 21, 2015, 02:42:06 am »

See what information the ship has - prior orbital info, any topographical info at all, radiation on the planet, a manual for the ship, a manual for survivors, hidden compartments, any and everything. Scour the computer.

The ship still has the escape sequence loaded on the computer. The ship launched without a pilot and perforced a smooth descent into the atmosphere. However, unexpected wing erosion compromised the trip, and so it dropped steeply near the end before suffering two impacts in close order.

Because the planet's features are so heavily obscured, the ship was not able to gather any topographical data. However, the double impact suggests that the ship may have hit a cliff or something. A bounce is unlikely given the accelerometer records.

As for any info left, this shuttle was never used before now, as it lacks accumulated flight records. The computer does (!) however, have a library of 3D-printing blueprints, mainly for spare parts, as well as software to let you design your own.

There is, finally, a single text file called "crash.txt" in the root directory. It contains the following paragraph:
If you find this, you have survived Crash Night. We need to rebuild society as quickly as we can if we want to get out of this. Tens of thousands of frozen peope fell out of the sky, so the first priority is to find survivors. Next, try to find a printer--there were about 412 printers on the ship. We sent them down in specialized boxes to make sure they survive impact.

Further investigation reveals a bundle of boxes of fine metallic dust (labelled "Voxels" on the side, written in marker) around the pilot's feet. The boxes can be opened with the simple lift of a handle, creating a hiss. Biohazard warnings mark the side, stating that voxels may cause respiratory damage if scattered into the air--that explains why they were stored in the cockpit. There are ten boxes total, storing eight kilograms each.
Also stored in various pockets and compartments is some hand sanitizer, a comb, a box of tissues, about twenty small coins, a slender bobblehead, and a respiration mask that links into the shuttle's oxygen system.

Other than all that, you can't find anything more inside the shuttle, short of dismantling it.

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 21, 2015, 02:56:01 am »

Now for test number two. "Hey Cabin-boy, favor please.... Light Arthur on fire. It's for science."

"I mean... Give him a small burn."

Offer gel to Arthur to apply to burn if/after he gets burned.
Cabin-Boy looks at him excitedly "Sure thing!" He blowtorches Arthur, more violently than expected.
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 47