Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Continue game as it is? Or reboot and start from turn 1?

X
- 0 (0%)
Y
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 11, 2015, 03:00:40 am

Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 97

Author Topic: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 73 - A Coruna Showdown  (Read 153888 times)

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 52 - Sweet Dreams
« Reply #1065 on: May 10, 2016, 02:29:36 pm »

Use my stealth to sneak around and flank the enemy, then attack with the Thorns.

Who is the enemy in this case?
((Twinwolf, unless I see any other Wiki Warriors before that.))
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: May 10, 2016, 06:52:42 pm »

Realize that the most musical animal was beside me all along. Create a new song based entirely on the noble horse.
((
>ElephantParade:Hail Hussie.
))
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: May 10, 2016, 07:08:14 pm »

Re-mount my horse, and begin moving gradually towards execute while staying in cover as often as possible. If any Aztecs get near, cut them down with my sword. Also, take some potshots at Execute.
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 53 - Grazing Blows
« Reply #1068 on: May 12, 2016, 01:54:36 am »

Round 53: Grazing Blows
Weather Conditions: Sunny (8.2 Inches of Snow)
Time: Afternoon

The newest reinforcements of Aztecs draw their arms, bows, spears and all while preparing to confront this oddly armored soldier slicing through their ranks, hoping that they can stop his progress as well as the progression of whatever other forces lurk in the dark corners of this strange new world.
And then they feel the rumbling of the Earth as if a volcano nearby had just erupted, followed by a roar that must have come from a beast lurking far below the surface of the ground, now awakened from its slumber. The Aztecs turn to the source of this calamity and spot something charging directly at them, larger than any animal they had seen previously, a gray abomination the size of a large house with horns protruding from its face rather than its head. Atop this demon was a rider, calling down to the Aztecs as he mount came upon them, "AHAHAHA! FLEE, FLEE I SAY!" [Morale: 9-2(Elephant)] A handful of Aztecs break from the group  but most of them stay and remain disciplined enough to split into a looser formation, a tactic they had developed to deal with Spanish cavalry charges. The archers aim for the head of the beast while the spearman prepare to launch their weapons when it comes close. [Discipline vs. Elephant Speed: 4 vs. 3] The Aztecs assume battle position just as soon as the grey creature draws into close enough range. [8 vs. 5-1(Large Target] The Aztecs scatter as the elephant charges through, avoiding casualties and simultaneously shooting a few arrows into the side of the Elephant, which does little to stop it, as arrows are hardly enough to penetrate a layer of armor and the thick elephant skin beneath it. After the charge is finished, MidnightJaguar pulls up his rifle and scans the vicinity for a good target, and among the mass of Aztecs he spots one determined Samurai. [6 vs. 7-1] Midnight fires a single bullet at Dolosus which ricochets off of his helmet.

Beirus, having spent the last turn fleeing from Twinwolf and his patriot forces, circles around to the net strike and goes back into stealth mode, now attempting to strike them from the rear. [Stealth: 5 vs. 2] Beirus takes the back road and creeps up towards Twinwolf's position, where his men are focused on looking down the street in the direction that they had last spotted Beirus, taking cover behind ruined vehicles. Beirus takes this opportunity to strike, [8+2+1 vs. 4] And throws two thorns right into the back of a couple Patriots who immediately fall over. The remaining Patriots stand up looking around confused, when Beirus leaps over a pile of rubble and charges them knife-first. One man tries to aim his gun at the warrior woman and gets a slashed arm and a kick to the torso for it, knocking him on the ground.

High tyrol drives down to the Green Bay copyright office to claim the writes of her poem. The woman working the desk there informs her that the poem can be copyrighted, although it costs a $35 fee to do so. High Tyrol, lacking those kinds of funds at the moment, leaves. She then drives back to the airport and parks her pickup truck in the lot and switches it out for her racecar which has been loyally waiting for her this whole time.

Twinwolf intervenes in Beirus's surprise attacking, diving for one of the pistols of a fallen Patriot and opening fire on Beirus. [9 vs. 7+2] Beirus is more agile than the militia leader expects, and scampers on top of a car, avoiding two spare bullets from Twinwolf's gun. The last standing Patriot climbs on the hood of the car and pulls out his knife, [5 vs. 2+2] and slashes into Beirus's right leg, giving her a bleeding but not serious wound.

Person looks around the immediate area and puts his military knowledge to use by determining what are the most strategical positions that could be utilized by himself or his enemies. [3+2-2] Person takes note of the corridors around him, the alleys created between the various buildings that are alternate and more subtle, covered paths to sneak in and out of the main battlefield. After making this observation, he falls on one knee and coughs; it turns out that it is hard to develop a strategical plan when you have two bullest buried in your ribcage. Dad slowly rises to his feet and shoots at some of the nearby Aztec, [1-2 vs. 6] and fumbles his pistol in the process, [3] which results in him shooting himself in the left hand. Person wheezes as he bends up to pick his gun back up and attempts a one-handed reload, [2-2-1] and ends up dropping his last clip of ammunition on the ground, spare bullets rolling away in all directions. As the dejected soldier shambles towards Dolosus, a trio of spearmen come close to him; Person weakly draws out his blade and stands with the intimidation factor of wilting tulip. The Aztecs shake their heads in a pitying manner and hustle away from Person towards other avenues of battle.

Execute and his squad run down the road on the sidelines of the battle and are greeted by two young Aztec soldiers, wielding modern weapons and giving their God a salute. "Amihiyotzinuatmotlapal sir! We recovered these weapons off of some of the bodies like you said. We found two strange weapons, an oddly shaped knife and a fire-stick like the Spanish had." They hand over a partially loaded Springfield Rifle and a Trench Knife to Execute. The junior soldiers attach to Execute's bodyguard troop towards where the barricaded stores have been set up. As they get closer, the group pauses to watch a sickly, almost dead looking woman being encircled by a flying ball of fire. The Aztecs are clearly spooked:
"A spirit of a demon!"
"It has come to live in this bizarre world!"
Execute is less afraid, being accustomed to the weirdness of the Wiki-Wars especially since he was a dimension hopper himself; it was not fear, but anger that drove him to oppose the fireball, anger that he should be the only one allowed to fly around! The leader runs up to the barricade and bangs on the front of it, "Open up and let this woman in! Treat her but if she makes any sort of dangerous move, get rid of her immediately!" The barricades open as the Aztecs behind the wall, remove some of the material, just enough for Fallacy to climb through. NAV, upon seeing this, zooms after her, but Execute leaps in between the orb and its target and fires two shots at it! (6 vs. 7) The swift fireball evades the bullets and zooms right past Execute. The Warleader reloads as quickly as he can, but it isn't fast enough as NAV tries to reattach to Fallacy before she can get into the store. [5 vs. 8-1-2] Fallacy is just able to crawl, or more accurately, stumble through the opening before it closed off, and NAV simply slams into a steel barrier.
Execute takes note that he is on his final clip for the police pistol.
The Aztecs are also freaking out over another entity, and Execute spots an African Elephant stomping around in front of the portal. This was going to be a long invasion.
[Between moving, giving out orders, reloading and shooting at NAV, Execute lacked time to heal himself.]

As Fallacy enters the barricaded store, what looks like was once a normal grocery, she is quickly surrounded by Aztecs ordered to care for her for some reason, but it was best not to question Amihiyotzinuatmotlapal's orders. This is when another one of her brilliant ideas strikes her as she wickedly grins and barks,  "You have seen my power... you have seen my endurance! NOW THEN. I require treatment of my wounds! Attend to me, minions!" [Stamina: 10-1-2+2] In this moment, Fallacy's stance does not sway or falter despite her anemic condition. One of the puzzled Aztecs speaks to her, "We were going to treat you anyways? Since you're well enough, why don't you tell us what is wrong with you?" Several of the Aztecs chatter, and Fallacy can overhear it is mostly musing about why Aztec wants them to take care of this random woman, or how she is so fluent in Aztec tongue despite looking more like a Spaniard with her fair hair and skin, if there even such a thing as Spanish woman, as the Conquistadors had been all men.

In contrast to the contrast fighting, injury, and dying, Elephant Parade sits atop his horse in the middle of an idyllic forest. As he rights his songs of animals and nature, he comes to realize that the most musical and noble of creatures is not one hidden in nature but the one that has been by his side since the beginning, the horse. [Musical Composition: 6+2] His short piece, "Horse, Of Course" would no doubt be a smash pop hit if it were produced, one that would be emulated by amateur bar musicians and Youtube cover artists throughout the world.

Dolosus, after spending the previous turn laying waste to the Aztec, returns to his horse who has by now recovered from the shock of being shot, but is still bleeding. As he hops on his mount, it bucks and whines as if it is bothered again. This is when the Samurai finds the source of his horse's panic, an elephant charging down the field, who's rider even takes the time to shoot at Dolosus ineffectively but he can still feel the bullet bounce off of his helmet. After calming his mount, Dolosus trots towards Execute, who looks like he's in terrible shape. A group of Aztec almost begin to converge on Person, but they seem to leave him alone, whether they do not want to fight Person out of fear or pity is up to interpretation. At the same time, Dolosus spots Execute moving with a group of soldiers down the street, and takes the opportunity to pull out his six-shooter, and lay down a couple of shots. [8 vs. 7-1] Dolosus's second shot whiffs and hits the front of the barricade, but his following shot hits Execute in the forearm and causes him to stumble over for a few seconds, almost losing his balance. It fails to do permanent damage but it exasperates his blood loss.

While the barrier stops NAV at first, the Aztecs underestimate the force that they are dealing with as NAV simply slips through a hole in the barricade so small that a fly would get stuck, yet the sucouyant appears before Fallacy and the rest of the Aztecs. Half of the Aztecs scream and run while the others pick their weapons back up and get into fighting mode. NAV flies towards Fallacy past the various food items in his path: doughnuts, apples, pies, hamburgers buns, rice, chicken-wait, rice? NAV stops mid-flight as if compelled like a great power back towards the rice. The fireball floats up to a small packet of "100% Natural White Rice" and opens the bag. The Aztecs rush forward, attempting to slay the demon until they see that it is merely opening up a bag of rice and individually organizing each grain. Confused, they elect to neglect the fireball for now and get back to focusing on helping Fallacy, although a few of them stay close to the fireball in case it becomes violent once again.
[NAV's next turn will consist entirely of Counting Rice Grains.]

16 Aztec Eagle Soldiers appear from the Portal. They are elite military units with a bonus to combat and wield obsidian blades as well as slings.

The Sunset Invasion:
Leaders: Execute, Yuri
Active: 154,
16 Eagle Soldiers [+1 Aztec Warfare, Macuahuitl Obsidian Swords, Slings]
Casualties: 109

Spoiler: Execute/Dumbo.exe (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Twinwolf (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: High tyrol (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Elephant Parade (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Person (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NAV (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: FallacyofUrist (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: DolosusDoleus (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Beirus (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: MidnightJaguar (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Quests (click to show/hide)

Despite the majority of players being involved in serious fighting, no one was killed or even seriously wounded during this round.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 09:35:12 am by TCM »
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: May 12, 2016, 02:14:27 am »

Wait, multiple Aztecs just saw it, shouldn't it be running back to it's body?
Also, METAGAMING HOOOOOOOOOO
Seeing the ball of flame flying towards the barricaded Aztecs, Execute... Panics, slightly, he's been under a lot of pressure since this whole thing started, what with going from a prisoner of Aztecs to their god, he was almost pissing himself when it came to meeting the god, he was lucky he got those wings, much less survived, then the getting shot- Three times now - made the whole thing worse, ugh, it was just a mess.
Okay, time to get into the barricaded store, mostly by way of desperately trying to convince them to open up the barricade and slipping through before holding the gun up to the fireball.
"EVERYBODY STAY BACK, THAT INCLUDES YOU YOU INSANE BASTARD THE ONLY REASON I HAVEN'T KILLED YOU IS BECAUSE YOU'RE THE FIRST ONE TO NOT SEEM LIKE A THREAT DON'T THINK YOU CAN HIDE YOUR BLOOD LOSS FROM ME I'LL DEAL WIIiiiiiith...
What's it doing?"
Check how far along NAV is from finishing with ordering the rice, if it's nowhere near and it's gonna take a while longer, get the Aztecs to give me some medical attention, if it's going to do so in the next few minutes (Turn), then try emptying another bag of rice next to it, if it moves, order the Aztecs to attack alongside me with the knife, then get medical attention.
Help my personal guard get in, too.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: May 12, 2016, 02:17:20 am »

Maybe it should go off flying towards its body since it has been seen consuming rice? I'm not sure. Carribean Mythology is mysterious and vague.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: May 12, 2016, 02:19:58 am »

Maybe it should go off flying towards its body since it has been seen consuming rice? I'm not sure. Carribean Mythology is mysterious and vague.
Maybe it doesn't count if people have been seeing it before and only counts if another person, un-involved with fighting it originally, sees it counting the rice...
Or maybe it only reacts if people draw attention to it, that might work.
Alan help.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: May 12, 2016, 02:22:59 am »

Sensible, as much as fireball witch ghost spirits can be densible. After all, since the Aztecs saw the Soucouyant in the act of starting to count the rice, they can't "catch" it in the act.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: May 12, 2016, 02:34:52 am »

So, if we're swinging it that way, I guess the question is, are there any holes in the barricade big enough for me to have seen NAV counting the rice?
Alan help.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: May 12, 2016, 06:02:41 am »

((*reads post*

Oi, that's not how American copyright law works, copyright's automatic and free.  Also, *rights.))
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: May 12, 2016, 08:18:05 am »

FallacyofUrist grimaces. Slightly.

"It is only due to my supernatural endurance that I am able to remain standing at this point. Behold!"

FallacyofUrist reveals the burn on her arm.

"In addition to this... I think I've lost blood. I think that fireball is some kind of vampire. Seriously, how can a fireball be a BLOODY VAMPIRE?"
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: May 12, 2016, 09:00:21 am »

Ride over to my fellow WWI veteran, i.e. Person, and offer my assistance. Use my elephant to frighten away the Aztecs near him and defend him from attacks

((Why do I have such a massive penalty to shooting from my elephant?))
« Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 06:44:04 pm by MidnightJaguar »
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: May 12, 2016, 09:20:52 am »

((*reads post*

Oi, that's not how American copyright law works, copyright's automatic and free.  Also, *rights.))

If you want to go and register it at a copyright building there is a fee.
Also, *writes. Because it's a poem.

You do not have any penalties at the moment.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: May 12, 2016, 09:23:13 am »

Go find a nearby, un-evacuated town. Look for a musician—one whose genres include pop.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: May 12, 2016, 09:26:15 am »

You do not have any penalties at the moment.
(( I was talking about when I was shooting at dolus I had a -6 is that because I was moving at the time?))
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 97