Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Continue game as it is? Or reboot and start from turn 1?

X
- 0 (0%)
Y
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 11, 2015, 03:00:40 am

Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 97

Author Topic: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 73 - A Coruna Showdown  (Read 154775 times)

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 58 - Let the Pizza Hit the Floor
« Reply #1170 on: May 30, 2016, 06:36:37 pm »

Head back into the pizza place. Take soucouyant form and begin flying over to the connoisseur.

((By the way, if I get an article in fireball mode will the item appear with my skin or with my fireball?))
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 58 - Let the Pizza Hit the Floor
« Reply #1171 on: May 30, 2016, 07:02:13 pm »

Compliment singing. Offer song—"Horse, of Course", of course—in exchange for 50/50 split of profits arising from it.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 59 - Air Support
« Reply #1172 on: June 03, 2016, 10:45:25 pm »

Round 59: Air Support
Weather Conditions: Sunny
Time: Later Afternoon

Twinwolf feels like today would not be the best day to be shot in the back by an arrow so he follows the demands of the Aztec soldiers, walking down the road back towards the massive swirling purple portal while they follow close behind him, weapons ready but not pointed at him in case he attempts anything, which he does not. At the center of Denmark, the portal continues to ominously swirl but the rest of the Aztecs are no longer around, the only people in the visible area are two women, one of which is masked and riding on top of an elephant. [Stamina: 7] Through all of this, Twinwolf's leg continues to bleed, weakness causing his legs to buckle for a moment but he catches himself, it would be good to get the wound treat sooner rather than later. One of the Aztecs gestures to the portal, "You go through here and we can fix you up and give you a new job." Twinwolf looks back through the portal, and sees the inside of a very high class home filled with other Aztec soldiers. He must make a final commitment; if he goes through and the Aztec are true to his word, he won't have to risk bleeding to death or running for them. Then again, if he's in the portal and for one reason or another it closes up, he'd be stuck their until it opens up again, or it could stay permanently shut.

Wipeout does not like what she sees so she gets up and runs. [Speed: 6] The basketballer runs the other way away from the area with a growing amount of people, until she finds herself all the way back the abandoned tent city on the Western part of Denmark. As she regains her breath, doubled over with her hands on her knees, Wipeout can hear the nearby growling of dogs.

Execute is bleeding from his ankle once again and is not happy with it,"AGAIN WITH THE FUKKIN ANKLE. THAT BITCH." He lets out a frustrated sigh as he watches his opposition fly away unharmed, almost as if he were taunting him. Execute soars downwards towards the ground, spotting a collection of faces ranging from Twinwolf to FallacyofUrist and weird lady on an elephant as he passes into the portal and emerges into the other side. His soldiers are surprised to see him and attend to him immediately when he says that his ankle is in its default state of being shot. [Medicine: 1] Without having the appropriate medicine around, the fast-acting Aztecs take a torch and cauterize the wound, which stops the bleeding, and in turn melts away a lot of the muscle, fat, nerves and even some of the bone structure in Execute's ankle, effectively amputating it without actually removing it. Hey, two feet are overrated anyways, especially when you can fly.
Execute yells his incompetent faux-medical team off and hops on leg over to the portraits in the mansion. Most of them are of past battles and while they are grand in scale and contain a lot of weapons, but ancient cannons and artillery will not suffice in taking down a modern aircraft. Execute does find one possible solution in the epic portrait of a naval battle between two gun-mounted steamboats in a tropical landscape. Execute opens up a portal and sticks his head through, to scan the new land; at first it strikes him as a similar to the Aztec's homeland, except the humidity feels different in this place and the flora is different, more exotic and vibrant. The opening of the portal is next to a jungle river, and down the river he can see a steamboat paddling towards his location.

NAV picks himself up and brushes some sauce off of him before heading back into the pizza store and transforms back into a Soucouyant in the back, making sure to drop his skin off in a spot that wouldn't be obvious, his clothes and other items falling into a pile on top of his skin as the fireball emerges. The fireball flies out of the nearest window and flies through the air as quickly as it can towards Manitowoc; off in the distance it spots a small aircraft that looks more military than civilian and is flying quite close to the ground. [Flying: 4] NAV, despite flying as fast he can control, only clears about half of the ground between himself and the destination of The Connoisseur.
[If you gain an article while in Soucouyant form, it will appear with you wherever you are currently are.]

Ukrainian Ranger speaks to Hayder, the first being to appear out of the Dragon Age portal, explaining themselves and what they have to offer in this new world, "I am a mage and warrior from another world and need some help to deal with my enemies. You will be rewarded when we will finish them." Hayder scratches his chin in contemplation and then nods, obviously appreciating the offer of a monetary reward. "A proud mercenary like me is always on the hunt for good fights and more importantly, good gold." He then leans in close to Ukrainian, "But I warn you, if you plan to use me without giving me solid payment, I'll cut your head off and take whatever is on your body as a reward." He takes a step back and cracks his knuckles, "Right then, where are we going to start? Also, I have to ask what are you exactly? You're not any type of man-creature I've seen before. And what's that you're holding?" He says gesturing to the assault rifle.

The Ensorceler flies far away from Denmark, the place where winged men shoot at you with rocket launchers, and turns his plane to the East where things were hopefully less violent. On the way down in the road he spots what looks like some sort of accident and out of something between altruism and plain curiosity he decides to land nearby and aid in the situation of whoever is involved. Landing the plane in a flat field near the road, The Ensorceler gets out and walks to scene of the accident where he finds one damaged SUV and its injured driver along with a prone horse, covered in pizzas, and a Samurai calling for help. The Ensorceler walks up to him, "Hello, there. I see you are in need of some assistance. Now, I can either save your life, or I can empty this machine gun into you." He waves the barrel of his MP40 at Dolosus. "I assume you would prefer the former, but I would require something in return. I need soldiers if I'm going to win this thing. I am, at present, broke, but sometime in the future I should be able to provide you with equipment, and at that time I will call upon you to fight for me. Deal?"
Dolosus looks up at the Ensorceler. "By you saying soldiers, I have to assume that you want to fight those goddamn Aztecs. " The Samurai laughs a painful, wheezing laugh as he thinks of the endless number of Aztecs, and how every one of them he had slain were instantly replaced by two more. "Fuck, the only way you'd be able to get rid of 'em would be if you dropped a nuclear bomb on all of them. But I'll fight for you. I have a couple of bastards I'd like to take to the grave with me." He motions to his video camera which has fallen off of his horse but otherwise looks like it was not badly damaged. "Grab that camera and I'll come with you. Just get me to a hospital and I'll do anything you want."

High tyrol pulls out her revolver and shoots one of the thugs assaulting the police officer in the parking lot. [7+2 vs. 2-2(Unsuspecting)] She comes up behind them stomping on the lone officer and fires a shot that passes through the back of one skull and exits out of the other side, passing through to strike a second thug in the face. They both fall to the ground and the fighting immediately stops and Tyrol makes a remark with one hand on her hip, "You shouldn't do this, okay?" They all run away.
After this, Tyrol strolls to her pick-up and drives down to the warehouse where the arts festival is being held. Parking outside in the street, (-$1 for parking fare) she gets in line. After paying the entrance fee, (-$20) Tyrol is given a festival bracelet and allowed in. There are rows upon rows of artworks ranging from giant pictures and sculptures to small handcrafted jewels and even books. To her though, the place of most interest is the table where people are registering for the Poetry Slam.

"Heh. You are in the great nation of Denmark! Care to tell me where you come from?" Fallacy explains where the Shaman currently is. "I come from Icemark, home of the Varki people. What tribe or kingdom do you belong to?" While they talk, Fallacy hears Execute start yelling and cursing and then fly directly into the Portal. The Shaman notices this as well, "The men of this land have wings, not very many are like that where I come from."

Over in Wrightstown, Elephant Parade comes up from behind to local star singer Jessie Farrel, complementing her on her superb singing voice. Jessie turns around as Elephant gets off of his horse and introduces himself as a musical producer. He gives her an offer, if she were to perform his song "Horse, Of Course", she would receive half of the total profits. [Bargaining: 3] Jessie, although young, is not naive; she laughs at his offer and says, "For you old silly song I want no less than ninety. I'm the one doing the singing, right? If it's a hit, you'll be lucky to get a piece from my generosity. So 90%, take it or leave it."

From the Pathfinder Portal spawns another figure, a slow moving Cleric wielding a staff headed by the skull of a bird and his clothing is thick and baggy, resembling a large bird. He takes a slow, methodically scan around him of the area before starting to descend the hill.

The Sunset Invasion:
Leaders: Execute, Yuri
Active: 252
16 Eagle Soldiers [+1 Aztec Warfare, Macuahuitl Obsidian Swords, Slings]
Casualties: 116

Active Portals and Current Spawns:
Aztec - Aztec Warriors.
Pathfinder Portal - Level 4 Shaman [Skull Mask, Skull Staff], Level 8 Cleric "Thousand Bones" [Heavy Clothes, Long Skull Staff]
Dragon Age - Mercenary "Hayder" [Armor, "Hayder's Razor" Greatsword].

All of the snow in the Denmark area has melted.

Spoiler: Execute/Dumbo.exe (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Twinwolf (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: High tyrol (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Elephant Parade (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NAV (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: FallacyofUrist (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: DolosusDoleus (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ukrainian Ranger (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: wipeout1024 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Ensorceler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Quests (click to show/hide)

Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: June 03, 2016, 10:53:53 pm »

sign up for the poetry slam while in line attempt to strike up a conversation with anyone nearby

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: June 04, 2016, 04:39:34 am »

((So, to clarify, the foot is still there, but it's basically useless now?
Can I still put pressure on it or is it liable to just snap?))
The very much battered Aztec god seems to have a spark of inspiration, grabbing a previously unseen pencil and sign, scribbling furiously, ankle nearly forgotten, he strides out of the portal, and carefully places the plaque in front of the portal, then goes back inside, pencil forgotten, the sign having only a few words the Aztecs can't make out before he closes the portal, planning to open it in the future, it says "I'll be back, be ready".
That done, The Aztec God leers at the new portal, before turning to his temporary allies, "Do you want to come with me? I'm sure it'll be quite an adventure!"
Okay, I'm certain I remember hearing that portals closed by me can be reopened whenever I want from either side, if not, pretend what just happened never existed and instead post a guard of elite warriors at the portal.
Then send a dozen or so Aztecs and Yuri with me to investigate this new world vai looking for the two armies, try and find out which one is losing, ask the others if they want to come, and as usual, a group of medics should go and get some homeland medicine for Twinwolf, those bloody medics should be getting extra bonuses with the amount of wounds they tend to.
Edit: Notice that some of the teammates aren't here yet, try to keep open the portal until they get in, once they do, then I'll close the portal.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2016, 07:28:22 pm by Execute/Dumbo.exe »
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1175 on: June 04, 2016, 07:39:30 am »

Look around for where the growls could be coming from, and get away.
Ain't nobody got time for that.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: June 04, 2016, 12:08:49 pm »

"Tribe? Kingdom? Hmmm. Nation."

Explain the concept of a "democracy" to the shaman.

"Looks like my master Execute is in trouble. Would you care to accompany me?"

Regardless of whether or not she gets a yes or no answer, Fallacy loads her rifle and then heads to Execute's last seen position.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

The Ensorceler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: June 04, 2016, 12:55:06 pm »

"It's a deal. The plane is over in that direction, I'll help you get in in a minute."
Try and loot a phone from the driver of the SUV. Grab the camera, assist Dolosus in entering the plane, and head for Manitowoc. Call ahead on the radio to inform the airport that I have a wounded passenger.
If I get a phone, give it to Dolosus and ask them to order the Connoisseur's food delivered to his house.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: June 04, 2016, 01:06:33 pm »

((So, to clarify, the foot is still there, but it's basically useless now?
Can I still put pressure on it or is it liable to just snap?))

It's still there. Because of the "surgery" performed on it, it is much weaker so it would prone to snapping if you put a lot of pressure on it.

If I get a phone, give it to Dolosus and ask them to order the Connoisseur's food delivered to his house.

The food has to be delivered in person, or else people with phones or portal abilities could complete the Quest very easily.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

The Ensorceler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: June 04, 2016, 01:42:39 pm »

((Is stealing it from the delivery car not in person enough? I don't have any money, so that was my plan. I figured it would take a while to get all the food ready, so I didn't add it to this turn.))

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: June 04, 2016, 02:06:32 pm »

"Lets say that I have some snails in my bloodline. As for the thing in my hands. It is a ranged weapon. Follow me, time to find a worthy enemy for us. Loot from their corpses will be your first payment

Go back to the Pathfinder portal hoping it attracted some wiki warrior. Attack spotted wiki-warriors on sight
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: June 04, 2016, 02:15:41 pm »

((If I gave money to The Ensorceler, would that count as an assist for the Connoisseur quest, and would I therefore gain a point along with Ensorceler?))
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: June 04, 2016, 02:23:39 pm »

((Is stealing it from the delivery car not in person enough? I don't have any money, so that was my plan. I figured it would take a while to get all the food ready, so I didn't add it to this turn.))

Oh, that's what you mean. That's a great plan actually, get all the food delivered to the place, hijack the car and then deliver yourself. That works and certainly counts as in-person. Just remember that The Connoisseur isn't expecting to pay anything and if the delivery guy asks him for money The Connoisseur will turn him away.

((If I gave money to The Ensorceler, would that count as an assist for the Connoisseur quest, and would I therefore gain a point along with Ensorceler?))

In this case, yes as long as he uses it to buy the Quest Items, in this case the food and drinks. If The Ensorceler goes for the robbery route instead, it won't count since he wouldn't use the money in that case.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: June 05, 2016, 12:05:47 pm »

Order the Connoisseur's food with The Ensorceler's phone, and give the Ensorceler some money to buy the food. Then wait for the Ensorceler's plane.
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: June 05, 2016, 12:14:34 pm »

"90%? That's insane! I'll sing it myself, thanks!" Walk off in a huff.
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 97