Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 164

Author Topic: Non-EU europe thread (with Russia, Israel and Australia included)  (Read 198298 times)

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: Non-EU europe thread (with Russia, Israel and Australia included)
« Reply #750 on: July 18, 2016, 04:18:50 pm »

Perhaps it was a  Russian North Korean drone testing out new anti patriot technology.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: July 18, 2016, 04:20:17 pm »

In Soviet Russia, drone expatriates you?

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: July 18, 2016, 04:21:53 pm »

It could be that they were older missiles that weren't as good.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: July 18, 2016, 04:24:03 pm »

We all laughed when they showcased the superiority of quadcopter based warfare on the battlefield.

Who is laughing now?
Love, scriver~

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: July 18, 2016, 04:55:13 pm »

Maybe PATRIOT missiles are just bad at hitting slow, low-flying targets.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #755 on: July 18, 2016, 04:57:51 pm »

We all laughed when they showcased the superiority of quadcopter based warfare on the battlefield.

Who is laughing now?
Reminds me of that amateur drone gladiator thing that got shut down a while back

They had all the drones fight each other to be the last one flying, like robot wars but in the sky

Then some top joker put in a drone which had no physical armaments, but just hacked into everyone else's drones and piloted them into the ground

Moral of the story is, IDF should make the drone go down if the missiles can't go up

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: July 18, 2016, 05:09:14 pm »

I'm just imagining Israeli responses to a huge fleet of quad copters that do nothing but fly in circles in restricted airspace.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #757 on: July 18, 2016, 05:10:12 pm »

I'm just imagining Israeli responses to a huge fleet of quad copters that do nothing but fly in circles in restricted airspace.
Flak cannons would suddenly feel love again

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: July 18, 2016, 05:32:16 pm »

The trick would be to get the right drones in the right flight patterns that Israel spends more shooting them down than you spend sending them in.

Although given track records over there it would immediately escalate into artillery barrages, rocket attacks, suicide bombings, and a minor-yet-bloody invasion again.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Vilanat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: July 18, 2016, 05:38:05 pm »

It's a good thing Hezbollah/whoever exposed his ability to bypass the patriot missiles now, rather than later when/if they survive Syria and continue their Jihad against Israel.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #760 on: July 18, 2016, 06:06:20 pm »

The trick would be to get the right drones in the right flight patterns that Israel spends more shooting them down than you spend sending them in.

Although given track records over there it would immediately escalate into artillery barrages, rocket attacks, suicide bombings, and a minor-yet-bloody invasion again.
Wouldn't work, Israel would get more materiel from USA nullifying resource expenditure, and eventually the IDF would find out whose sending all them bloody drones and pay a visit

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: July 18, 2016, 06:59:17 pm »

A lesson from GTA: San Andreas, that Michelle and Barbara like their men chubby jumping the akrport wall and flying the Dodo outside of allowed airspace lets you avoid the air-defence easier than if you "JUMPJET" the Hydra into existence and go off-piste.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: July 18, 2016, 07:35:41 pm »

US taxpayers will foot the bill of course.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: July 19, 2016, 12:01:23 am »

A lesson from GTA: San Andreas, that Michelle and Barbara like their men chubby jumping the akrport wall and flying the Dodo outside of allowed airspace lets you avoid the air-defence easier than if you "JUMPJET" the Hydra into existence and go off-piste.
I understood some of those words.
Edit: Has anyone mentioned yet Russia being boycotted from sports events for doping? I just looked at Maria Sharapova's case and had a look at the Wikipedia page for what she was taking"for health reasons" : https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meldonium .
Scroll down a bit, look at all those Russian and former eastern block flags, obviously the Soviet Union has a chronic heart problem epidemic, there's no other possible explaination.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2016, 12:23:11 am by MarcAFK »
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: July 19, 2016, 03:01:48 am »

Edit: Has anyone mentioned yet Russia being boycotted from sports events for doping? I just looked at Maria Sharapova's case and had a look at the Wikipedia page for what she was taking"for health reasons" : https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meldonium .
Scroll down a bit, look at all those Russian and former eastern block flags, obviously the Soviet Union has a chronic heart problem epidemic, there's no other possible explaination.
This Meldonium stuff is nothing comparing to the FSB swapping urine samples scandal :D I am hoping that IOC will do the right decision and we will see no Russians in Rio
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 164